RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,688
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 529
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old January 13 2014, 07:20 PM   #1
ixfd64
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via AIM to ixfd64
What would you do with a Slaver stasis box?

Suppose Slaver stasis boxes (TAS: "The Slaver Weapon") really existed. What would you do with one?

I can't think of many applications at the moment, but I'd probably use it to store highly perishable food.
ixfd64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2014, 12:00 AM   #2
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Re: What would you do with a Slaver stasis box?

I can't find what the specific dimensions of those boxes were, and it makes a difference, because if it is big enough, my answer might be to clean up on some long-term investments. If it is the size I believe it to be, I'd probably be using it for a variant of your purpose: to get the kind of Cashew Chicken that can only be found in Springfield, Missouri (and within about 90 miles around there) down here to where I live in South Carolina.
Old January 14 2014, 01:02 AM   #3
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

It would replace my safe. I don't keep any money or jewels in it but I keep all my flash drives in it as well as important paperwork and pictures. My safe is fireproof but not waterproof. I think the slaver box would be the safest place for all my documents.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2014, 01:33 AM   #4
Darkwing
Commodore

Slaver stasis boxes come in various sizes, IIRC. I'd fill it with tv execs that said no the new sci-fi shows or canceled them. Then I'd launch it at the sun.
Old January 14 2014, 05:35 AM   #5
Avro Arrow
Fleet Captain

If I had had one around 2004, I would have stuffed it with as many bottles of Pepsi Blue as it would hold.

I really miss Pepsi Blue.
Old January 14 2014, 10:27 AM   #6
Captain Rob
Commodore

Darkwing wrote: View Post
Slaver stasis boxes come in various sizes, IIRC. I'd fill it with tv execs that said no the new sci-fi shows or canceled them. Then I'd launch it at the sun.
Couldn't you just use a regular box and a hammer to knock them out with?
Old January 14 2014, 10:45 AM   #7
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

I'd do what they did in Ringworld: Put a ship inside of it, and have it automatically activate when in imminent danger - virtual starship immortality (with time skips of a few billion years should one fall into a sun or something)
Old January 14 2014, 11:10 AM   #8
Shaka Zulu
Fleet Captain

Darkwing wrote: View Post
Slaver stasis boxes come in various sizes, IIRC. I'd fill it with TV execs that said no the new sci-fi shows or canceled them. Then I'd launch it at the sun.
You'll be buying more of them and doing that a million times, since there are millions more of them than there are of sci-fi fans. And hundreds of them graduate from school every year.

If sci-fi fans want to make a change, they have to start getting involved in the industry by becoming executives at entertainment companies and also by becoming film and TV directors/writers/producers. Then, we'll see more sci-fi shows on TV.

As for what I want in said box, I'll put in anything important that I wanted to last a long time, like the Zip disks containing the copies of the websites I've surfed that I should have made back in the late '90s.
Shaka Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote