Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old January 6 2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Xzpezer
Lieutenant

Klingon first contact

What if instead of the Vulcan's making first contact with us instead it was the Klingon's.How would we as humans progress in the universe or would the Klingon's add us to there Empire i would like to know you thoughts on it.
Xzpezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2014, 12:43 PM   #2
PicardSpeedo
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Klingon first contact

Xzpezer wrote: View Post
What if instead of the Vulcan's making first contact with us instead it was the Klingon's.How would we as humans progress in the universe or would the Klingon's add us to there Empire i would like to know you thoughts on it.
You already made 52 speculative-style posts like this in a single day. Don't you tthink it's time to give the spam a rest for a while?

Last edited by PicardSpeedo; January 6 2014 at 01:34 PM.
PicardSpeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6 2014, 02:20 PM   #3
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

PicardSpeedo wrote: View Post
Xzpezer wrote: View Post
You already made 52 speculative-style posts like this in a single day. Don't you tthink it's time to give the spam a rest for a while?
Please let Misfit Toy and I deal with this stuff. Thanks.

And yes, Xzpezer, I appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in the forum. Why not take some time to read the active threads, read the FAQ, get a handle on how the site works, and so forth. Starting up a bunch of threads right away is usually not a good way to begin. And certainly, don't start 5 a day like you did yesterday.

Thanks.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2014, 06:00 PM   #4
desfem79
Lieutenant Commander

Conquered humanity lol..

Given the Klingons, I couldn't see them doing anything else.

Most likely, they'd leave us alone, as at that technological level we would not be a threat to them. And Kahless said it's dishonourable to attack a weaker opponent, so if they're god says as such, it stands lol..
desfem79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2014, 06:24 PM   #5
PicardSpeedo
Lieutenant Commander

desfem79 wrote: View Post
Conquered humanity lol..

Most likely, they'd leave us alone, as at that technological level we would not be a threat to them. And Kahless said it's dishonourable to attack a weaker opponent, so if they're god says as such, it stands lol..
But didn't the Klingons also murder their gods?
Old January 7 2014, 07:07 PM   #6
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Cochrane would have shot the Klingon leader, then the crowd behind him would have stormed the Klingon ship. By the time the next Klingon ship showed up, we would have reverse engineered their technology and built our own fleet.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2014, 07:17 PM   #7
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Conquered humanity lol..

Kahless isn't their god - he's more like a founding father. And Klingons are just as capable of hypocrisy as humans. (Worf was more like a Klingon archetype than an actual Klingon, because he learned how to be one looking in from the outside.) If Earth is as rich in dilithium as I believe it is (mostly non-canon reasons, but still, it makes sense), the Klingons would have had us doing slave labor in mines PDQ.
Old January 7 2014, 07:27 PM   #8
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

1001001 wrote: View Post
And yes, Xzpezer, I appreciate your enthusiasm and interest in the forum. Why not take some time to read the active threads, read the FAQ, get a handle on how the site works, and so forth. Starting up a bunch of threads right away is usually not a good way to begin. And certainly, don't start 5 a day like you did yesterday.
I'm not trying to contradict, but I want to mention two things:

1. Xzpezer is 15.
2. I'm actually enjoying his topics. I was a little annoyed at first, and he could still use some guidance on which forum to put some topics in (and on grammar and punctuation), but once I stopped taking things so seriously and decided to *play*, they've been pretty good.

Just my two quatloos.
Old January 7 2014, 08:07 PM   #9
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

We might have had an entire generation of humans calling them "Klingots".
Old January 8 2014, 09:13 AM   #10
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Separate of course from "Kling'ins."

Old January 8 2014, 12:37 PM   #11
PicardSpeedo
Lieutenant Commander

USS Triumphant wrote: View Post
Conquered humanity lol..

Kahless isn't their god - he's more like a founding father. And Klingons are just as capable of hypocrisy as humans. (Worf was more like a Klingon archetype than an actual Klingon, because he learned how to be one looking in from the outside.) If Earth is as rich in dilithium as I believe it is (mostly non-canon reasons, but still, it makes sense), the Klingons would have had us doing slave labor in mines PDQ.
I don't know, I kinda got the impression by the time of TNG that Kahless is considered to be the Klingon version of Jesus.
Old January 8 2014, 04:32 PM   #12
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Kahless was more of a societal prophet than God.

Old January 8 2014, 04:33 PM   #13
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Klingons KILLED their Gods.

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Jesus was nothing more either. Holy Trinity, yeah right.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8 2014, 07:42 PM   #14
PicardSpeedo
Lieutenant Commander

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Klingons KILLED their Gods.

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Jesus was nothing more either. Holy Trinity, yeah right.
To be fair, I think Jesus seemed to have a much bigger Messiah complex than Kahless. I'm not aware of Kahless making the level of outlandish claims that Jesus did, but it seems like the Klingons still treat Kahless as a pseudo-Messiah. The dude has entire religious orders that fixate on him.
Old January 8 2014, 08:04 PM   #15
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Whatever Kahless said, it came out of him, and it was not about some divine stuff. He's a philosopher at best, because Klingons don't have gods.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote