Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Tech

Trek Tech Pass me the quantum flux regulator, will you?

Old September 14 2007, 02:56 AM   #1
REMMandel
Ensign

In response to FSC requests ... and REM's latest.

Lately I've gotten some emails that the FSC torrent went down. Seemed as good an opportunity to me as any to update things a bit. So, here's a new FSC torrent for you:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/886164

As a bonus, for all of you who have been patiently waiting, I'm including a partial draft of the "new" canonized FSC and an advanced WIP draft of my latest effort, Guide to the Klingon Fleet. GKF is about 75-80% complete, enough for you fellows to start taking your carving knives to it. Besides, you guys know this stuff better than I do. Peer review always helps.

Another reason why I'm releasing GKF now is that I know some of the Franchise folks hang out here. GKF is keyed to canon- and licensed-only material. I'd like to include a short list of "accepted" fanon Klingon designs despite their unofficial status. You know the ones I'm talking about -- the rest of Patrick's SFH ships, Todd's K'teremny, Aridas' Kobayashi Maru, Cleev's carrier, Jackill's unique creations, and the like. The ones most fans here accept anyway, regardless of whether or not they're official. If our Franchise friends have no objection, they'll be in the next rev, or possibly in a "special" GKF supplement.

Enjoy!
REMMandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14 2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Starlock
Rear Admiral

Re: In response to FSC requests ... and REM's latest.

Any chance for a non p2p format? We aren't allowed to use any p2p where I work.
You have not experienced Monty Python until you have read him in the original Klingon...
Starlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2007, 07:30 AM   #3
B.J.
Rear Admiral

FSC? GKF? SFH?!?

Too many TLAs*....

(Seriously, what do they mean?!?)

* Three Letter Acronyms
Old September 16 2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Bernard Guignard
Captain

REMMandel said:
Lately I've gotten some emails that the FSC torrent went down. Seemed as good an opportunity to me as any to update things a bit. So, here's a new FSC torrent for you:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/886164

As a bonus, for all of you who have been patiently waiting, I'm including a partial draft of the "new" canonized FSC and an advanced WIP draft of my latest effort, Guide to the Klingon Fleet. GKF is about 75-80% complete, enough for you fellows to start taking your carving knives to it. Besides, you guys know this stuff better than I do. Peer review always helps.

Another reason why I'm releasing GKF now is that I know some of the Franchise folks hang out here. GKF is keyed to canon- and licensed-only material. I'd like to include a short list of "accepted" fanon Klingon designs despite their unofficial status. You know the ones I'm talking about -- the rest of Patrick's SFH ships, Todd's K'teremny, Aridas' Kobayashi Maru, Cleev's carrier, Jackill's unique creations, and the like. The ones most fans here accept anyway, regardless of whether or not they're official. If our Franchise friends have no objection, they'll be in the next rev, or possibly in a "special" GKF supplement.

Enjoy!
Nice to see you back and I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with have you sent it to Captian Jason for inclusion on to his Starfleet Network web site where he has put your other material ?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/trekno...yguid=89237652
Bernard Guignard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16 2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Capt_Jason
Lieutenant Commander

View Capt_Jason's Twitter Profile

@ B.J.

FSC = Federation Spaceflight Chronology
GKF = Guide to the Klingon Fleet.

Nice art gallery you have there, B.J. I would love to include your lifeboats and shuttlecraft at my own site if I may.

Thanks for the mention, Bernard!

Yes, by all means REM, send them along to me at starfleetnet.com. The site just went through a useability makeover and my forums are starved for attention, hehe.

Speaking of which, I need to put Volume 11 and 12 to site. I believe I was waiting for the Klingon and Romulan supplements to be completed before posting those. Is the FSC "coffee table" edition in its completed form yet?
Old September 17 2007, 06:09 AM   #6
REMMandel
Ensign

I'll email you all the stuff as soon I can, Capt. Jason. I've been reflooring my house (groan). That, and focusing almost exclusively on the new Klingon manual. I wanted to make sure at least the general format and 75% of the material was in place before I worked on anything else. I know a lot of people have been waiting on it. I hope you're not disappointed (aside from my bad spelink & gramma).

No, the coffee table FSC isn't finished yet, and I forgot to include the current WIP in the torrent. I'll make sure to seed another torrent, plus make sure Jason gets a copy. The coffee table FSC is on hold while I finish up Guide to the Klingon Fleet. It's "done" in draft form, though, all the way up to the mid-22nd century, right before the ENTERPRISE era. Some interesting difference with the original FSC. Consarned canon timeline! :P

I'll also try to send out my notes on Klingonaase that I made while developing GKF. I'm sure the Klink fans would like them.
REMMandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17 2007, 02:47 PM   #7
B.J.
Rear Admiral

Capt_Jason said:
Nice art gallery you have there, B.J. I would love to include your lifeboats and shuttlecraft at my own site if I may.
No problem there!
Old October 4 2007, 05:02 AM   #8
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

Say, I don't suppose that anyone has been able to reseed or upload these to a file server..?

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4 2007, 01:46 PM   #9
Capt_Jason
Lieutenant Commander

View Capt_Jason's Twitter Profile

Mark_Nguyen said:
Say, I don't suppose that anyone has been able to reseed or upload these to a file server..?

Mark
Volumes 1 - 12 are fully archived here. I still need to upload the Romulan and Klingon supplements, which I will get to sometime today.
Old December 30 2013, 03:50 AM   #10
reveryroadie
Cadet

has anyone resseded these or uploaded them? I am missing volume B2 the 2nd romulan suplement

thanks in advance

Jon
reveryroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1 2014, 07:29 AM   #11
sojourner
Vice Admiral

6 year old thread! a new record!
Old January 1 2014, 11:23 AM   #12
Darkwing
Commodore

So, the answer is apparently "no". Sad, I'm wishing for volume 2 of the Romulans, as well.
Old January 28 2014, 04:08 AM   #13
reveryroadie
Cadet

i guess we will still be waiting for a while for someone to reseed volume B2
Old February 9 2014, 06:49 PM   #14
reveryroadie
Cadet

everytime i try and down load Volume B2(romulan supplement) it gets to about 54% and stops. hell it is only a 1.10 MB file, someone should just post it someplace so those of us that want it can get it already.