Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old December 22 2013, 03:22 AM   #76
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: "The Time of the Doctor" Images, Clips, Spoilers & Speculation

sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
I want something longer than 10 seconds though. Two minutes (or one) with him post-regeneration would be enough. Otherwise it's a looooooooooooong wait before we see Capaldi properly.

I'd like to see he and Clara interact a bit too.
I don't disagree. It'll be about eight months until we see Capaldi in action.

Yes, I know there are people who believe there's going to be an Easter special, but I really don't see the logic for that from the BBC's point of view.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2013, 03:28 AM   #77
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

If it is about 15 seconds of him hopping around and shouting about how things are different before the credits, then I hope at least they'll give us a minisode with a few minutes of him and Clara getting used to each other (like Children in Need 2005 with Rose and Ten). The thought of 8 months before we see him again is....ugh.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22 2013, 03:58 AM   #78
The Wormhole
Admiral

Moffat has called this a "traditional regeneration" so that likely means Capaldi will just be a cameo in the episode's closing scene. About the only difference from other Doctors I'm expecting is that we'll get a "Introducing Peter Capaldi as the Doctor" card flash up, like they did with John Hurt.
Old December 23 2013, 06:08 AM   #79
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I wonder if season/series 8 will have a new into along with a new console room.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2013, 07:14 AM   #80
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
I wonder if season/series 8 will have a new intro along with a new console room.
Since I've hated the "1980's Music Video Set" console room since its debut last Christmas, I certainly hope so, but I doubt it. I think we can safely bet that Capaldi will get a new intro, though.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2013, 07:54 AM   #81
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

New intro. New screw driver. New costume. New hero theme. Same TARDIS.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2013, 11:30 AM   #82
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
I wonder if season/series 8 will have a new intro along with a new console room.
Since I've hated the "1980's Music Video Set" console room since its debut last Christmas, I certainly hope so, but I doubt it. I think we can safely bet that Capaldi will get a new intro, though.
Considering all the complaints we've gotten about the show struggling with a shrinking budget, building yet another new console room (which I love btw) would be a pretty stupid thing to do.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2013, 05:59 PM   #83
Worf2DS9
Writer

I also like the current console room -- to a point. It's certainly an improvement over the previous one, but one thing that struck me in that "Day of the Doctor" scene where we flashed quickly from Ten's to WarDoc's to Eleven's set was how cold and stark Eleven's console room is. This is due in part to the metallic feel of the whole thing. There's just not much warmth to it, I find.

One change that I would like to see is the exterior of the TARDIS. I never really warmed to it, apart from the return of the St. John Ambulance badge. It's just too clean and, frankly, too blue. I don't like the windows. I don't like how they shine so brightly white sometimes, especially when there's no bright light inside to give that effect. And I don't like that they've made the notice board on the left door a backlit thing now too. That scene at the end of DotD when all three TARDISes were parked next to each other made me miss Ten's all the more.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2013, 10:33 PM   #84
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Cutter John wrote: View Post
Considering all the complaints we've gotten about the show struggling with a shrinking budget, building yet another new console room (which I love btw) would be a pretty stupid thing to do.
Agreed.

A change I could see them doing is making it brighter in(Runaway Bride) since they moved locations.

The set's barely a year old. They need to break it in.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2013, 11:42 PM   #85
I Am The Walrus
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to I Am The Walrus Send a message via Yahoo to I Am The Walrus

i really like the current console room. the previous one was too manic. like a playground for kids. besides, they've only had this current set for a year now.
I Am The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2013, 12:08 AM   #86
RoJoHen
Awesome

Praetor_Shinzon wrote: View Post
i really like the current console room. the previous one was too manic. like a playground for kids. besides, they've only had this current set for a year now.
Meanwhile, I loved the old Amy & Rory console room.

And 11 had the nerve to describe 10's room as his "grunge phase." The current is more bleak and depressing than that room ever was.
Old December 24 2013, 12:18 AM   #87
3chordboy
Lieutenant Commander

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Praetor_Shinzon wrote: View Post
Meanwhile, I loved the old Amy & Rory console room.

And 11 had the nerve to describe 10's room as his "grunge phase." The current is more bleak and depressing than that room ever was.
the current desktop theme has got to be him re-discovering a love a progrock
3chordboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2013, 01:25 AM   #88
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

They should just take the current set and repaint it in pearlescent whites and silvers and such. Cheer it up a bit and give it even more of a retro-cool look.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2013, 01:33 AM   #89
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
They should just take the current set and repaint it in pearlescent whites and silvers and such. Cheer it up a bit and give it even more of a retro-cool look.
....and bring back the round things?
Ar-Pharazon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2013, 01:52 AM   #90
davejames
Vice Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Agreed. The basic design I think is pretty damn cool. It's just the fact the room is so damn dark and... blue.

It was fitting for where the Doctor was at in The Snowmen, but by this point it just doesn't seem to fit him at all. And I would imagine Moffat would want to make the room look a bit more warm and inviting for Capaldi's first series as well.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote