Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 11 2014, 09:23 PM   #706
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Re: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Reverend wrote: View Post
Let's just hope they handle her better than they did Talia. Yeesh!
We already know the character's real identity. Thus, the rule that everything about a character must be known at the outset of the film has been observed, and this should serve to appease modern "we hate surprises" audiences.
Old January 11 2014, 10:09 PM   #707
Reverend
Rear Admiral

*WE* may be able to spot Wonder Woman in civies and calling herself Diana Prince, but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people who go to see that film have never even heard of "Diana Prince". Assuming they even go that root, it's likely they'll keep any reveal for the last reel...or even a post credits scene.

As for Talia, it wasn't bad because it was a "surprise", it was just handled very poorly. Just one of the many issues that film had with it's multiple incoherent plot threads.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2014, 12:06 AM   #708
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

*WE* may be able to spot Wonder Woman in civies and calling herself Diana Prince, but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people who go to see that film have never even heard of "Diana Prince".
It really won't matter because what the title of this thread is saying is out there as a news release to the general public. It's no secret.
Old January 12 2014, 12:18 AM   #709
Reverend
Rear Admiral

And again, most people going to see summer blockbusters like this aren't the type to keep up genre gossip. It's not that it's a secret, they just don't care.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2014, 04:27 AM   #710
Bad Bishop
Vice Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Batman on Film (who I can't seem to link to right now) is reporting that the WW role in MoS2 will be smallish...

Batman on Film wrote
Jett suggests her role is “on par with Scarlett Johansson’s first appearance as Black Widow in Iron Man 2,” with set-up potential for a future solo film.
Details at Spinoff On-line...
As an enthusiastic fan of superhero cinema, I once thought it was a great idea to follow BoF on Twitter. But Jett's tweets were generally too idiotic to tolerate for long. I soon stopped following him. And I don't take his "inside scoops" very seriously either. Let readers beware.
Old January 12 2014, 09:07 PM   #711
the G-man
Commodore

*WE* may be able to spot Wonder Woman in civies and calling herself Diana Prince, but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people who go to see that film have never even heard of "Diana Prince". Assuming they even go that root, it's likely they'll keep any reveal for the last reel...or even a post credits scene.
As others have noted, they are promoting the character as Wonder Woman already. The audience isn't going to be surprised, nor is that necessarily a perquisite to a good film.

For example: To go back to TDKR, Anne Hathaway's character is never called "Catwoman," but from pre-release publicity even people who have never picked up a comic book knew from the first second on screen who she was supposed to be. And did that "ruin" the movie? Of course not.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2014, 09:45 PM   #712
AllStarEntprise
Fleet Captain

I believe Amy Adams said on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" that the MOS 2 script was done and the filming would begin soon.

I believe one of the producers also put a lot of rumors to rest as well. Specifically that the film being a Superman Sequel and not a quasi-Justice League prequel.
AllStarEntprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2014, 08:11 PM   #713
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Gal Gadot appeared on an Israeli talk show and a viewer translated some of the information she provided for Batmannews.com. She's signed to a three-film deal, her salary for Superman/Batman is $300,000, and she's currently scheduled to start work on the film in May.
Old January 22 2014, 09:42 PM   #714
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The new animated movie Justice League War ####ed up the Wonder Woman Costume.

The characterization was great, and I loved all the beheddings, but they tried to cover up too much skin and what she wound up wearing looked like jazzerobics tights.

Lets hope the movie doesn't go too far off the reservation too.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2014, 10:47 PM   #715
davejames
Vice Admiral

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Gal Gadot appeared on an Israeli talk show and a viewer translated some of the information she provided for Batmannews.com. She's signed to a three-film deal, her salary for Superman/Batman is $300,000, and she's currently scheduled to start work on the film in May.
Hmm, wonder if that's when production as a whole starts, or if it's just when she starts filming her scenes. And $300,000 sure doesn't seem like a lot, compared to what the men are probably getting, but that might just speak to the limited amount of screentime WW gets in the movie...
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2014, 11:33 PM   #716
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
Hmm, wonder if that's when production as a whole starts, or if it's just when she starts filming her scenes. And $300,000 sure doesn't seem like a lot, compared to what the men are probably getting, but that might just speak to the limited amount of screentime WW gets in the movie...
April/May is what's being mentioned as the start date for filming now. As to the salary, Warners typically pays better than Marvel/Disney. RDJ gets a huge payday because of how important he is to Marvel's success and the other Marvel actors negotiated pay increases after The Avengers, but they first signed up to low-ball salaries. Chris Evans reportedly got $300,000 for starring in Captain America: The First Avenger.
Old January 23 2014, 12:37 AM   #717
sojourner
Vice Admiral

It's a pretty good payday for her at this point in her career.
Old January 23 2014, 12:46 AM   #718
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

She probably will also have box office bonuses as well, when the film hits certain numbers, and don't forget she will also be getting residuals on every DVD, Blu Ray, VOD AND she is probably getting a bit of the action from every action figure that looks like her.

Potentially all of the other money she'll be getting will be much more than the 300K she's being paid for this one film.
Old January 23 2014, 05:48 AM   #719
JD
Admiral

^And if the movie is a hit and people like her take on the character she can probably get herself a better deal on future movies. She's also fairly new to Hollywood, so that's probably a pretty average amount for someone in her situation.
Old January 24 2014, 06:53 AM   #720
AllStarEntprise
Fleet Captain

The 3 films Gal has signed for are Superman/Batman, Justice League and a WW solo film.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/wo...os-1201067961/

MAY THEY ALL BE GLORIOUS
AllStarEntprise is offline   Reply With Quote