Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 5 2014, 05:30 AM   #601
sojourner
Admiral

Re: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Aldo wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
I don't want to argue anymore.
Says the person who goes on to write four more paragraphs of arguments
And came back several days later to revive the argument.
Old January 5 2014, 05:37 AM   #602
kirk55555
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
I don't want to argue anymore.
Says the person who goes on to write four more paragraphs of arguments
And came back several days later to revive the argument.
I would have stopped, but I was responding to JD. I don't know what the several days thing means. I posted a few times in this thread near the beginning, argued, left, then posted again to agree that complaining about Gadot's breast size was moronic, and shouldn't be a consideration for casting WW. That lead to more arguing, but there was a long interval between my first argument and this one, probably more than a month. I hadn't even followed the thread since the end of my first round of posting, I just looked at it a few days ago, saw the breast size discussion, and responded to it. I didn't mean to restart an argument when I was agreeing about the breast size being unimportant, it just kind of happened.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2014, 05:53 AM   #603
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

If Jamie Alexander is the "model" for the perfect Wonder Woman, then Gadot isn't too far off. They're the same height and about 15 pounds differen't in weight. Gadot should be able to gain that easy.
Old January 5 2014, 06:21 AM   #604
M.A.C.O.
Fleet Captain

More pic!

Lynda Carter back in the day

Jamie Alexander post-Thor The Dark World

Gal Gadot

WW from The Flashpoint Paradox

Based on these pictures. Gal Gadot will definitively be able to physically represent WW in MOS 2.
M.A.C.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2014, 07:09 AM   #605
sojourner
Admiral

I would have stopped, but I was responding to JD. I don't know what the several days thing means. I posted a few times in this thread near the beginning, argued, left, then posted again to agree that complaining about Gadot's breast size was moronic, and shouldn't be a consideration for casting WW. That lead to more arguing, but there was a long interval between my first argument and this one, probably more than a month. I hadn't even followed the thread since the end of my first round of posting, I just looked at it a few days ago, saw the breast size discussion, and responded to it. I didn't mean to restart an argument when I was agreeing about the breast size being unimportant, it just kind of happened.
Yep, you definitely kept your criticism to breast size when you reentered the thread with this post:
I think the breast complaints are stupid, and her comment was pretty funny. Now, she's definitely not the right size, but her chest isn't the problem. Its being weaker looking than a 5 year old boy that's the problem. Still, it really doesn't matter. She's in a movie by people who have shown they couldn't write/make a movie about Superman or batman if you put a gun to their head, and have never had anything approaching a good female character. The best, most Wonder Woman like actress in the world won't be able to make the Snyder/Goyer wonder Woman a good character, so they might as well cast Gadot. She's the actress those two deserve, a mediocre choice for an almost certainly badly written character in a movie thats basically guaranteed to be mediocre. I just hope that we;ll get a good WW in film once Goyer stops writing DC movies (when they reboot them in around 2050 )

btw, "several days" means more than "a few days".
Old January 5 2014, 08:15 AM   #606
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Yeah, I think Gal is the Woman for Wondie, her build is certainly not far off from Lynda Carter.

We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2014, 04:45 PM   #607
Aldo
Admiral

Gadot's biggest role (from F&F, obviously) seemed to be a glorified extra that was about as blatant eye candy as you can get, so I'm doubtful of her having acting ability even if Goyer wrote a good WW.
You know, you'd make a horrible casting director:

kirk55555: Who's next today Phil?
Phil (your ass.): Gal Gadot is going to read for Wonder Woman sir.
kirk5555555: You mean that glorified extra from Fast and Furious? Next!
(Gal Gadot is then cast in an Oscar bait movie and wins all kinds of awards. The next day you open your locker to find a pink slip)
Old January 5 2014, 05:01 PM   #608
MNM
Captain

(Gal Gadot is then cast in an Oscar bait movie and wins all kinds of awards. The next day you open your locker to find a pink slip)
Yeah that's going to happen...
MNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2014, 05:25 PM   #609
kirk55555
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
Yep, you definitely kept your criticism to breast size when you reentered the thread with this post:
Oh, I took a shot at her, obviously. Just because people who like her casting don't want any opposition doesn't mean I was going to just disagree with one stupid reason she's a bad choice and just leave it at that. I wouldn't want to make even a hint of an impression that I was defending her casting choice, just that any comments about her breast size being "wrong" were ridiculous, and she made a good comment about that herself.

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
If Jamie Alexander is the "model" for the perfect Wonder Woman, then Gadot isn't too far off. They're the same height and about 15 pounds differen't in weight. Gadot should be able to gain that easy.
Alexander looks like she could bulk up to WW, and she seems like a decent actress. In Thor she looked like, well, a warrior woman, which is what she was playing. she looked tough. Gadot looks like what she is, a delicate, skinny model who couldn't defeat a chipmunk, much less any real threat.

Anyway, this is getting ridiculous. I think she sucks, a lot of people don't, we're not going to agree or convince each other. We're just kind of arguing in circles at this point.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2014, 05:35 PM   #610
the G-man
Commodore

Jamie Alexander should have gotten the part. She didn't and I think that WB made a mistake. That being said, I'll keep an open mind.

If anything, I think the bigger potential problems with this movie are trying to shoehorn so many characters into a single movie.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2014, 05:38 PM   #611
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Anyway, this is getting ridiculous. I think she sucks, a lot of people don't, we're not going to agree or convince each other. We're just kind of arguing in circles at this point.
Getting? You passed that long ago. You've been given countless reasons why your assertions were baseless.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old January 5 2014, 05:43 PM   #612
Warped9
Admiral

At this point I admit to skepticism regarding the casting of Gal Gadot. But it has happened often enough that I (and others) have disagreed with a casting choice and was eventually proven wrong.

I didn't think Michael Keaton could cut it as Batman. Wrong.
I was skeptical about Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. Wrong.
I was skeptical of Daniel Craig as 007. Wrong.

I'll wait and see what happens.

Even prejudging a movie can be dicey. I was cynical regarding MoS. What I liked about the film outweighed what I didn't like. It wasn't the film I'd have preferred to see, but it wasn't the disaster I suspected it might be. The Avengers was a lot better than I thought it might be.

ST09, well, I was wrong there too. It was worse than I suspected it would be.

And just for sake of clarity these are strictly my opinions.
Old January 5 2014, 05:46 PM   #613
M.A.C.O.
Fleet Captain

I doubt Disney/Marvel would grant Jamie Alexander the flexibility in her contract; so she could portray WW in a Warner Bros/DC movie. Alexander was someone they were looking at back in October.

I wonder if TPTB at Disney/ Marvel are kicking themselves for not giving her bigger focus in Thor TDW. Alan Taylor the director said a lot of his planned material was cut out of the movie to make way for more Loki. This included more story for the Dark Elves and a love triangle between Thor, Jane and Sif.
M.A.C.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5 2014, 05:49 PM   #614
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Warped9 wrote: View Post

Let it go.
Old January 5 2014, 06:05 PM   #615
Warped9
Admiral

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
Warped9 wrote: View Post

Let it go.
My remark is not a rant and so it's perfectly valid.