TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 9 2013, 04:50 AM   #316
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Jeez, how many hundreds of different ways are you going to continue to argue this thing? We get it already, you don't like the casting and will almost certainly not like the movie.

Time to move on, I think.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 04:58 AM   #317
kirk55555
Commodore

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
My comments about her body type are accurate, she's shot and skinny, like your average model.
If you meant to say "short and skinny" that's not accurate. Most fashion models are, like Gal Gadot, tall and slender. Whatever you think about how slender she is, she's not a short woman.
She's short for WW, and calling her "slender" is just using a different word for skinny.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 04:59 AM   #318
Bad Bishop
Rear Admiral

God forbid they hire someone who is physically appropriate for the part and has good acting ability. They might as well have hired Warwick Davis as WW according to what some people seem to be saying. At least he's a very good, proven actor.
Who would you like better--Gal Gadot or the hulking blonde Russian who fought Hit Girl in Kick-Ass 2?
Old December 9 2013, 05:01 AM   #319
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
She doesn't need to be a freaky bodybuilder to kick ass, but she shouldn't look like she'd lose an arm wrestling contest to a 12 year old, or be blown over in a breeze.

She's a sentient stick. She could spend years training and probably still look like she's about to starve to death.
Noo.... nothing insulting here.
The truth isn't always nice. I have said nothing meaning to be insulting, but I'm not going to sugar coat what I say. She's horribly unqualified for the role in every conceivable way. My comments about her body type are accurate, she's shot and skinny, like your average model.
It isn't good to lie.
Old December 9 2013, 05:03 AM   #320
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

My comments about her body type are accurate, she's shot and skinny, like your average model.
If you meant to say "short and skinny" that's not accurate. Most fashion models are, like Gal Gadot, tall and slender. Whatever you think about how slender she is, she's not a short woman.
She's short for WW, and calling her "slender" is just using a different word for skinny.
So, Lynda Carter was way too short also?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 05:03 AM   #321
kirk55555
Commodore

What have I lied about? At worst, I'm stating opinions you don't agree with.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
So, Lynda Carter was way too short also?
Yeah, she was also too skinny/fragile looking and a fairly poor actress. Not that you could tell, since she was less important to the Wonder Woman TV show than Gadot was to the F&F movies. Carter was literally a minor character in every episode of Wonder Woman I've ever seen. It was like Power rangers, but it was a "man of the week" show instead of monster of the week (and with much less awesome fighting and goofily fun stories) where wonder woman would appear for a few seconds in the actual episode, Diana Prince for probably 5 minutes, then in the last minute or two tWW would fight the bad guy (by fight, I mean usually lightly push). That obviously wasn't always the case, but in the majority of the stuff I've seen it was. Lynda Carter sucked as WW, although to be fair no one could have made that pile any better outside of different writers
Old December 9 2013, 05:17 AM   #322
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

She's short for WW
If you have the misguided view that Wonder Woman should be 6'4" or 6'5" then, yes, she's too short. Otherwise...
Old December 9 2013, 05:19 AM   #323
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Hmmmm...Certainly the Granny Panties could've fit better in the caboose, but, I was totally happy with Lynda Carter's build for Wonder Woman, reasonably sized arms, without being like a guys and some meat on the upper chest so her collar bone didn't stick out and long muscular legs. I'm not sure what body you're looking for, then, because anyone more built than Lynda Carter would have to be a "freakish Body Builder" type.

I don't think anyone is deluded by believing the show itself was any kind of Superhero art in it's writing, tone or plots.

Perhaps you could direct us to an actress you think is the right size?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 06:49 AM   #324
lurok
Commodore

davejames wrote: View Post
Jeez, how many hundreds of different ways are you going to continue to argue this thing? We get it already, you don't like the casting and will almost certainly not like the movie.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Perhaps you could direct us to an actress you think is the right size?
Or perhaps not..
Old December 9 2013, 08:33 AM   #325
M.A.C.O.
Fleet Captain

I've been pondering if people are prepared for the intensity that is WW.

I mean if this upset/divided audiences.

What will happen if they saw this...
WW vs some average guys in a bar brawl

WW with whom I presume is Silver Swan

WW killing Ares

WW killing Maxwell Lord
M.A.C.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 07:01 PM   #326
kirk55555
Commodore

WW is different from Superman. She's never been about not killing. She's like Thor, she's a warrior. She's going to kill if she thinks its warranted, although that doesn't usually apply to 99% of supervillains. Superman was an issue because part of the core of the character was that he doesn't kill, and definitely in such a idiotic situation. As long as there is a really good reason, it wouldn't be against character for WW to kill someone.
Old December 9 2013, 07:23 PM   #327
davejames
Vice Admiral

Yes, god forbid Superman have a little bit of an edge to him again like in the 30s and 40s, or take an extreme, one-time measure to stop a genocidal madman bent on destroying all life on Earth.

From the overreaction on here, you'd think Snyder was going to have Supes snapping the neck of every minor street thug he comes into contact with from now on or something.

Jeez.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 08:07 PM   #328
sojourner
Admiral

Just shut up, Kirk55555. So tired of hearing it. If you hate this stuff so much go find a thread about something you like.
Old December 9 2013, 08:10 PM   #329
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post

I stopped arguing with him. His inability to see his hypocritical stance (Wonder Woman's height is SUPER important, Wolverine's? nah, that would be impossible to do in reality, so it's not important. Gadot is SKINNY, she's not right, every other male actor who I LIKE, they are fine) and the fact he doesn't recognize his own hostility towards this person.... it all says a great deal about his own life. (And, no, Kirk its nothing to do with your opinion, but how you choose to express it.) There's a lot of unhappiness there.

And that's why I stopped. If I need to kick some kid who is down in order to feel better...? What does that say about me?

He's got a very fixed, very black and white point of view, no amount of arguing is going to change it. He doesn't have much experience of the world, and doesn't want any.

It's best just to move on.
Old December 9 2013, 08:25 PM   #330
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

I'll wait until I see the movie before deciding whether or not I think she is right for the role.