Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Deep Space Nine

Deep Space Nine What We Left Behind, we will always have here.

Old June 4 2014, 05:55 PM   #526
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: DS9 on blu ray?

80ninjas wrote: View Post
Plus, that release contained two episodes that wouldn't be on BD for another year (almost two in the case of The Inner Light), so it had some value. Would it even be worth it to put out a release containing only "Emissary"?
Good point, add "Defiant" to it as the sequel to TNG's "Second Chances" and direct me to the nearest preorder button.

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2014, 02:13 AM   #527
MakeshiftPython
Captain

M wrote: View Post
I'd buy the hell out of an Emissary sampler, to be honest. At this point I'd be glad about anything from Deep Space Nine in HD. Emissary is a great pilot and I'd love to own it in HD with some nice extras.
Yup. It's actually my favorite pilot of all the shows. Had the TNG sampler only been "Encounter at Farpoint", I might have skipped that.
MakeshiftPython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 06:24 PM   #528
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

TrekCore has posted their review of TNG S6 and they have a great still of the station.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2014/06/tng...ison-analysis/
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 06:34 PM   #529
Cap.T
Lieutenant Commander

Savage Dragon wrote: View Post
TrekCore has posted their review of TNG S6 and they have a great still of the station.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2014/06/tng...ison-analysis/
It's actually a "review" of the trailer for season 6. Not season 6 itself. But still.
Cap.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 06:40 PM   #530
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

You are right of course. I got a little ahead of myself I guess!
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12 2014, 10:49 PM   #531
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile

^ Fear not, the review of the full set is underway! The remaining shots of the station from Birthright as well as the interior shots of the Promenade and Replimat are OUSTANDING.
Old June 13 2014, 06:49 PM   #532
Grant
Fleet Captain

FrontierTrek wrote: View Post
^ Fear not, the review of the full set is underway! The remaining shots of the station from Birthright as well as the interior shots of the Promenade and Replimat are OUSTANDING.
A quick question...........

Would CBS digital ever have anything to do with a restoration of the Star Trek movies?
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2014, 10:41 PM   #533
80ninjas
Ensign

Grant wrote: View Post

Would CBS digital ever have anything to do with a restoration of the Star Trek movies?
Paramount owns the rights to the Star Trek movies. CBS only has the television series.
80ninjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13 2014, 10:42 PM   #534
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

In theory it's possible. CBS Digital (despite the name) do work for other studios as well as CBS. If Paramount opened up the project then CBS-D would presumably in a strong position to bid for it given their strong positive connections with the franchise.
Old June 13 2014, 11:16 PM   #535
Grant
Fleet Captain

In theory it's possible. CBS Digital (despite the name) do work for other studios as well as CBS. If Paramount opened up the project then CBS-D would presumably in a strong position to bid for it given their strong positive connections with the franchise.
That's both great and interesting news. I hope that if Paramount ever decided to re-do the TMP FX they use CBS.

There is a rumor on another thread stating that CBS had already begun working on TMP which I don't for a second believe, but glad to know it's at least in the realm of possibility that CBS could get the job(s)

Love to see what they could come up with for revamping TFF and if they could solve the apparently mind-blowing challenge of doing Search For Spock's opening credits without having to resort to "pillar-boxing" as happened on the last release.

Thanks again.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2014, 12:26 PM   #536
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

There is a rumor on another thread stating that CBS had already begun working on TMP which I don't for a second believe, but glad to know it's at least in the realm of possibility that CBS could get the job(s)

I can confidently debunk that one. CBS-D are not working on any other Trek property other than TNG.
Old June 14 2014, 06:41 PM   #537
Jefferies
Captain

The remaining shots of the station from Birthright as well as the interior shots of the Promenade and Replimat are OUSTANDING.
It's going to be hard to watch this now. Just too bitteresweet. Since it's become clear DS9 remastered ain't happening I have gone off watching the TNG blu rays I have to say.

Any one else feel like this when trying to watch an epsiode right now? It's funny even when Enterprise was cancelled and it was clear Star Trek wouldn't return to TV for a long time to come I did not feel this agrieved.
Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2014, 07:14 PM   #538
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Jefferies wrote: View Post
The remaining shots of the station from Birthright as well as the interior shots of the Promenade and Replimat are OUSTANDING.
It's going to be hard to watch this now. Just too bitteresweet. Since it's become clear DS9 remastered ain't happening I have gone off watching the TNG blu rays I have to say.

Any one else feel like this when trying to watch an epsiode right now? It's funny even when Enterprise was cancelled and it was clear Star Trek wouldn't return to TV for a long time to come I did not feel this agrieved.
Certainly, I'd rather have DS9-R than not (and TAS HD/VOY-R) - but should it emerge it's off the cards indefinitely, it won't reduce the enjoyment I get from watching the HD Trek already received.

On the contrary, I'm just pleased we've got, what, over 50% of all Star Trek in HD.
Old June 14 2014, 08:03 PM   #539
The Transformed Man
Commander

View The Transformed Man's Twitter Profile

I suggest you guys read this:

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...aining_on_you_

Blu-ray is on its way out the door, and many studios are re-evaluating their long term support for the format.

There's far more money to be made by offering shows as downloads via Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, iTunes, etc. The money those services would offer would simply dwarf whatever monies CBS hoped to make with disc releases. Add to that potential dollars from syndication packages in HD, and there's no way CBS walks away from that.

I suspect whatever delay there is in any announcement for a DS9 release is probably more related to lining up a downloadable/streaming strategy than whether or not Season 6 & 7 of TNG sell well on blu ray. Based on those first week sales figures for TNG and sales trends for BD TV series sets, most of the TNG sets (with the exception of Season 1) likely topped out around 25,000 to 30,00 in total sales.

Yancy

Last edited by The Transformed Man; June 14 2014 at 08:25 PM.
The Transformed Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14 2014, 08:27 PM   #540
MakeshiftPython
Captain

Even if blu-rays, aren't in DS9's future, I do hope they do remaster them for streaming/syndication. It'll be a shame not to get all those wonderful special features that the blu-ray releases offered, but I can live without them.
MakeshiftPython is offline   Reply With Quote