RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,197
Posts: 5,436,779
Members: 24,950
Currently online: 489
Newest member: TedCarchidi

TrekToday headlines

Trek Screenwriter Washington D.C. Appearance
By: T'Bonz on Oct 23

Two Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Oct 22

Pine In New Skit
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

Stewart In Holiday Film
By: T'Bonz on Oct 21

The Red Shirt Diaries #8
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 4 2014, 02:54 PM   #106
Orion Pimp
Captain
 
Orion Pimp's Avatar
 
Location: OrionPimp
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

This is incredible. It conveys a magnitude, size, scope, and feel of a major motion picture. Tommy, you have an incredible talent and a great vision. Fantastic work and I can't wait to see the completed project
Orion Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2014, 05:06 PM   #107
tommygdawg
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Michigan
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tommygdawg
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

RCAM wrote: View Post
I'm incredibly impressed by what you were able to accomplish with green screen and CGI. The illusion of space and scale is quite remarkable.

The performances are also solid. I can't remember how to do spoiler tags, so I'll avoid commenting on specific plot details, but I was glad to see the plot is framed by one of my favorite elements of Trek lore.

This could be something really special. Can't wait to see more.
Thanks so much! Glad to see it's also one of your favorite Trek lore elements as well!

Orion Pimp wrote: View Post
This is incredible. It conveys a magnitude, size, scope, and feel of a major motion picture. Tommy, you have an incredible talent and a great vision. Fantastic work and I can't wait to see the completed project
Thanks you!! I really appreciate those kind words
tommygdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4 2014, 05:25 PM   #108
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral
 
MikeH92467's Avatar
 
Location: Boise, ID
View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

It really does look big! Making a TV-style episode is hard enough, but to create a "big-screen" feel with the limited budget you have is amazing! ETA: I hope the release will kickstart your fund raising efforts!
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2014, 09:22 AM   #109
Mage
Commodore
 
Mage's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

Very well done! The best blending of CGI-sets and actors I've seen in fanmovies sofar. Congratulations on a job well done! Can't wait to see more.
__________________
Niner. Lurker. Browncoat.
Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2014, 06:53 PM   #110
Dreadylocks
Cadet
 
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

Hey Tommy! Saw your trailer a little while ago over on the IT boards. Awesome to see the detailed BTS/blog stuff. You should post it over there, too. I'm sure our fellow filmmakers would be way interested in it, too.

Thanks for sharing! I've said it before, but you're going places.
Dreadylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 08:11 PM   #111
tommygdawg
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Michigan
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tommygdawg
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

MikeH92467 wrote: View Post
It really does look big! Making a TV-style episode is hard enough, but to create a "big-screen" feel with the limited budget you have is amazing! ETA: I hope the release will kickstart your fund raising efforts!
Thank you! Glad to know we're hitting the mark!

Mage wrote: View Post
Very well done! The best blending of CGI-sets and actors I've seen in fanmovies sofar. Congratulations on a job well done! Can't wait to see more.
Woohoo! Thank you

Dreadylocks wrote: View Post
Hey Tommy! Saw your trailer a little while ago over on the IT boards. Awesome to see the detailed BTS/blog stuff. You should post it over there, too. I'm sure our fellow filmmakers would be way interested in it, too.

Thanks for sharing! I've said it before, but you're going places.
I thought about posting on the IT boards, but didn't know if I was welcome lol. I guess I'll head over and make a post
tommygdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 08:57 PM   #112
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
View Maurice's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

So, what happens when they meet planets slightly bigger?
__________________
* * *
"The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress."
—Philip Roth
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 11:12 PM   #113
Orion Pimp
Captain
 
Orion Pimp's Avatar
 
Location: OrionPimp
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

Maurice wrote: View Post
So, what happens when they meet planets slightly bigger?
All the mountains become plateaus.
Orion Pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7 2014, 11:28 PM   #114
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
View Maurice's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

I just find it funny that the device is just the right size for that particular planet.
__________________
* * *
"The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress."
—Philip Roth
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8 2014, 05:22 PM   #115
tommygdawg
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Michigan
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tommygdawg
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

Lol, a fair question. There may be implications later in the movie that the device was built specifically for that planet.
tommygdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 04:55 PM   #116
c64man1701
Ensign
 
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

Saw what you were doing and im really impressed. Im From Michigan as well, I love making films and id love to help you out any way I can
c64man1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2014, 05:38 AM   #117
tommygdawg
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Michigan
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tommygdawg
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

c64man1701 wrote: View Post
Saw what you were doing and im really impressed. Im From Michigan as well, I love making films and id love to help you out any way I can
Thank you! Cool stuff you've got going on, will talk more in email. Sorry for my delays getting back too

The final 12 hours of my Kickstarter are upon us, and I've just released a new still. What do you all think? And if you all could share the Kickstarter I'd greatly appreciate it!


Edit: Kickstarter link deleted. TrekBBS members will have to do their own hunting if they are interested in contributing.

Last edited by GSchnitzer; May 17 2014 at 09:24 PM.
tommygdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2014, 04:20 PM   #118
c64man1701
Ensign
 
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

tommygdawg wrote: View Post
c64man1701 wrote: View Post
Saw what you were doing and im really impressed. Im From Michigan as well, I love making films and id love to help you out any way I can
Thank you! Cool stuff you've got going on, will talk more in email. Sorry for my delays getting back too

The final 12 hours of my Kickstarter are upon us, and I've just released a new still. What do you all think? And if you all could share the Kickstarter I'd greatly appreciate it!

Edit: Kickstarter link deleted. TrekBBS members will have to do their own hunting if they are interested in contributing.

Good Luck, I hope you reach your goal

Last edited by GSchnitzer; May 17 2014 at 09:25 PM.
c64man1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2014, 04:58 PM   #119
feek61
Captain
 
feek61's Avatar
 
Location: The Sunshine State
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

^^^

He reached his goal long ago; in fact he has double it. A worthy effort and I encourage everyone to donate. This looks amazing so far.

Good Luck Tommy!!
__________________
feek61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2014, 07:16 AM   #120
tommygdawg
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Location: Michigan
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tommygdawg
Re: Star Trek - Horizon (Enterprise Feature-Length Fan Film)

feek61 wrote: View Post
^^^

He reached his goal long ago; in fact he has double it. A worthy effort and I encourage everyone to donate. This looks amazing so far.

Good Luck Tommy!!
Thanks, Feek! I really appreciate it

We are now, for real this time, less than 10 hours away from our finish. For those of you who haven't seen it, we have a new image:



Please share share share and help us reach our final 25k stretch goal!

Edit: Direct link to Kickstarter page removed.

Last edited by GSchnitzer; May 19 2014 at 03:40 PM.
tommygdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.