Cumberbatch To Voice Khan
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Shaun And Ed On Phineas and Ferb
By: T'Bonz on Aug 18

New Ships Coming From Official Starships Collection

Trek Stars Take On Ice Bucket Challenge

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old November 27 2013, 06:47 AM   #16
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: what's your local weather?

TRUE and somehow this year all weather is stout weather though I used to bring it out for winter.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2013, 09:49 AM   #17
Saga
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saga Send a message via Yahoo to Saga

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
All weather is beer weather.
agreed.
Saga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2013, 05:24 PM   #18
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

Wow, Shinzon, that rose twig is pretty! You have quite an eye for interesting motives. I love the one you entered in the avatar contest!
In my opinion every weather is tea weather, though. Maybe we can find common ground: how about "every weather is chocolate weather"?

nureintier, the dog is adorable! *melts away* Are your others as cute? I think your pic would also be a very good candidate for the avatar contest. http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=230818
As you are comperatively new and maybe not familiar with the game, here are the rules: it needn't be your avatar, the picture only has to be avatar sized, i.e. 150x150 pixels at maximum. You enter a picture in the current contest, after the entry there'll be a vote by all board members who wish to participate and the winner may choose the topic for the next contest. It's a lot of fun Join us if you like. The more, the merrier.

Local weather here: sunny but frosty. A glorious winter day. The sunrise was simply breathtaking: the sun looked about 4 times its usual size due to some weird lens-effect by warm and cold air layers. I took a pic of frost crystals but promptly forgot the camera at my office. I'll post it tomorrow
We had a dusting of snow yesterday in the small hours but it's already melted. The first rivers are sterting to freeze over, though. Saw a cat sitting on a pond today, staring at the fishies under the ice LOL

Last edited by Rhubarbodendron; November 27 2013 at 05:41 PM.
Rhubarbodendron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 03:11 AM   #19
nureintier
Commander

Thanks, Rhubarbodendron, I'll tell him you said so. ^_^ We got 10 more inches of snow today, though some of it melted first. =\

I tried to take the dogs for a walk at 8:AM and decided I would probably fall and break my neck after a block or so, and turned around and went home. I dug them a sort o maze around the backyard and they chase each other, so that'll have to be their exercise for a couple days.

In my opinion every weather is tea weather, though.
Same. I'm not much of a beer drinker. [*goes off to make tea*]
nureintier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 03:38 AM   #20
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

It's 29C and bright sunny skies. Interesting, tomorrow it will be 10C less and rain.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 11:57 AM   #21
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

heehee, if they are anything like my dogs they'll have the backyard snow trampled down to 2 inches in no time =)
btw, rhubarbodendron is awfully long - feel free to shorten it. Most people just say rhubarb
As for the tea - I really need a vacation. Grabbed the wrong bag from my freezer and almost made parsley tea instead of peppermint tea yesterday! It'd have been an interesting experience, to be sure LOL (I grow both herbs on my roof terrace and deep-freeze my crop in fall)

29C and even 19C sound heavenly! -5C here atm (I believe that's somewhere around 25F) and the first real snow. We had a dusting on Tuesday but today it's 1 inch and growing.
Here's the "idyllic" view from my office:
Old December 2 2013, 08:35 AM   #22
nureintier
Commander

Yesterday I was brushing my teeth and thought I should take a photo of the icicles I could see out the bathroom window but I didn't.

It's 2:30 am right now, I'm awake because of ice, actually: the neighbor's whole spouting just fell off the house under the weight of the ice on/in it, and crashed down on my 6 foot fence. A whole section of fence is broken now. I let the dogs out and couldn't find them, they were probably crapping in the neighbor's yard since they could just roam freely through our fences. =\ Somewhat annoyed right now. Can't even let the dogs out to pee without a leash. Have to find at least a temporary fix tomorrow.

The snow has been melting a bit though, got up to 40 degrees F today.
Old December 2 2013, 09:06 AM   #23
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

how about making a wall of snow? Like an iglu, only straight?

We had some snow in the weekend and a fog as thick as pea soup. Visibilit was hardly 30 yards on Friday evening when I visited my parents.
Today it's rather warm so that the snow and ice start melting, but there are heavy clouds. I think we might get some more snow or rain in the afternoon.
Old December 2 2013, 09:29 AM   #24
nureintier
Commander

i think i will put some plywood there for now. i mean,in the morning, not now because it's 3:30 am now. ^_^ Snow will all be melted later today.

It could be worse though; it could've been my spouting that fell off the house i suppose. I'm just mildly inconvenienced because the dogs can't play in the yard now.
Old December 2 2013, 09:55 AM   #25
trekkiedane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane

Something strange is going on!

There's a big (the size of the moon) ball of light in the sky today!!! is this the end? are we all going to die now?

-1C and rising fast
Old December 2 2013, 10:20 AM   #26
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

nureintier wrote: View Post
it's 3:30 am now.
You're supposed to be in your warm bed! Not sitting on the computer, getting icy toes!
Have nice dreams. (Or naughty ones )

I would recommend you beat the icicless off yopur own roof in the morning. Not only to avoid damage from the weight but also to prevent any of them from falling down and skewering one of your dogs or yourself.

TD, you mean this whitish-yellow thing, about 30 over the horizon, that emits infrared radiation? I seem to recall that one from a loooong time ago. I believe it's the object Romans and astronomers called "Sol" and the Celts knew as "Sulis".
Old December 2 2013, 10:31 AM   #27
trekkiedane
Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to trekkiedane

Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
TD, you mean this whitish-yellow thing, about 30 over the horizon, that emits infrared radiation? I seem to recall that one from a loooong time ago. I believe it's the object Romans and astronomers called "Sol" and the Celts knew as "Sulis".
Oh it's a star! -But isn't it terribly close to us?

0C now! -This global warming is really kicking today!
Old December 2 2013, 11:01 AM   #28
Rhubarbodendron
Commodore

It's pretty cold up there where you are. We've been in the + range since about 4 am.
Currently it's about +5C and I'm beginning to feel a slight urge for spring cleaning.
Old December 2 2013, 01:46 PM   #29
nureintier
Commander

I think they icicles are ok, I don't think I would be able to reach them with anything, anyway. Warming up already, though. Waiting to see if the neighbor gets home. That was my first thought when I saw them: I'm not going to walk between the houses because they're going to fall and impale me. It's nearly 8:00 now, i did manage to get a few hours of sleep. I might go to the mall and look for something to fix the darned hole in the fence.
You're supposed to be in your warm bed! Not sitting on the computer, getting icy toes!
Have nice dreams. (Or naughty ones )
Lol, thanks. ^_^
Old December 2 2013, 05:17 PM   #30
SmoothieX
Vice Admiral

This is going to be a fun week in North Dakota. -9 for a high should be delightful. The wind here is a real bitch.
SmoothieX is offline   Reply With Quote