RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,167
Posts: 5,344,784
Members: 24,601
Currently online: 543
Newest member: Capt_n_Admiral

TrekToday headlines

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Cumberbatch As Turing
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Retro Review: In the Pale Moonlight
By: Michelle on Jul 19

Trek Beach Towel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 18

Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

View Poll Results: So what did you think?
Brilliant: Geronimo. 188 77.69%
Very Good: Bow Ties are Cool! 38 15.70%
Ok: Come along Ponds. 10 4.13%
Passable: Fish Fingers and Custard. 5 2.07%
Terrible: Who da man? 1 0.41%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 8 2013, 02:16 AM   #661
Rowan Sjet
Commodore
 
Rowan Sjet's Avatar
 
Location: Away!
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

I think they deserve a pardon in this case.
__________________
And the sign said, "Long haired freaky people need not apply..."
Rowan Sjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2013, 03:19 AM   #662
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

Somehow I don't think "pardon" is a word recognized in Sontaran military courts.
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2013, 04:57 AM   #663
ATimson
Rear Admiral
 
ATimson's Avatar
 
Location: Andrew Timson
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Somehow I don't think "pardon" is a word recognized in Sontaran military courts.
"Courts"? What makes you think they have "courts"? Summary execution for all!
__________________
Andrew Timson
===============
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others." - Brendan Moody

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8 2013, 04:12 PM   #664
The Wormhole
Admiral
 
The Wormhole's Avatar
 
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

ATimson wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Somehow I don't think "pardon" is a word recognized in Sontaran military courts.
"Courts"? What makes you think they have "courts"? Summary execution for all!
Sometimes a show trial is good for troop morale. I'm sure even Sontarans realize happy soldiers are effective soldiers.
__________________
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 02:52 AM   #665
Kestrel
Vice Admiral
 
Kestrel's Avatar
 
Location: East Tennessee
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

Surely Sontarans believe in Trial by Combat?
__________________
"If Romeo had just masturbated a couple of times a week he would have saved both those nice families a heap of trouble."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 08:27 AM   #666
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

They believe in brushing their teeth by combat.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 04:36 PM   #667
PorthosShadow
Fleet Captain
 
PorthosShadow's Avatar
 
Location: Hermans Head
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
They believe in brushing their teeth by combat.
Sonic toothbrush with three kill settings?
__________________
"India must be the future because we all know there are no neck ties in the future and everyone can do math"
PorthosShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2013, 06:31 AM   #668
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

Picked it up on Blu-Ray today, because it's out already (yay!) and watched it for the first time since I saw it in the theater. With the spectacle of the 3D now gone, I was able to focus more on the story, and I still absolutely loved it. What I noticed most this time around were the subtleties in Billie Piper's performance and the way she pushed the Doctor into changing his mind. She very clearly didn't want the Moment to be used, and while I gathered that much the first time, I was watching for it this time. It almost bums me out that this is likely her final appearance. Her portrayal as the Bad Wolf/The Moment was excellent.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2013, 05:35 PM   #669
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

I'm not sure if someone's already posted a link to this, but here's the making-of video, narrated by Colin Baker:

http://youtu.be/15YZjf2fvGw
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2013, 05:37 PM   #670
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral
 
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Picked it up on Blu-Ray today, because it's out already (yay!) and watched it for the first time since I saw it in the theater. With the spectacle of the 3D now gone, I was able to focus more on the story, and I still absolutely loved it. What I noticed most this time around were the subtleties in Billie Piper's performance and the way she pushed the Doctor into changing his mind. She very clearly didn't want the Moment to be used, and while I gathered that much the first time, I was watching for it this time. It almost bums me out that this is likely her final appearance. Her portrayal as the Bad Wolf/The Moment was excellent.
Yeah, I watched it in a huge 3D theater in London and just recently rewatched it at home on TV. Totally agree, the story really holds up well. Great fun rewatching it!

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2013, 07:12 PM   #671
DWF
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

Christopher wrote: View Post
I'm not sure if someone's already posted a link to this, but here's the making-of video, narrated by Colin Baker:

http://youtu.be/15YZjf2fvGw
They showed it in the theater with the 3D showings, along with a great opening by Strax and an explaination of the 3D glasses by Tennant and Smith.
__________________
The greatest science fiction series of all time is
Doctor Who! And I'll take you all on, one-by-one
or all in a bunch to back it up!"
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2013, 09:58 PM   #672
Psion
Commodore
 
Psion's Avatar
 
Location: Lat: 40.1630936 Lon: -75.1183777
View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

DWF wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
I'm not sure if someone's already posted a link to this, but here's the making-of video, narrated by Colin Baker:

http://youtu.be/15YZjf2fvGw
They showed it in the theater with the 3D showings, along with a great opening by Strax and an explaination of the 3D glasses by Tennant and Smith.
Unfortunately, the people sitting on either side of me were Zygons. I was nervous about that the rest of the show, but I guess I wasn't on their diet card.
__________________
Twinkies are back. I knew they couldn't stay away from me for long.
Psion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2013, 10:01 PM   #673
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

I don't suppose the theater intros have been posted online yet? Is it known if they'll be on the DVD?
__________________
Christopher L. Bennett Homepage -- Site update 4/8/14 including annotations for Rise of the Federation: Tower of Babel

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2013, 10:02 PM   #674
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
RoJoHen's Avatar
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

Christopher wrote: View Post
I don't suppose the theater intros have been posted online yet? Is it known if they'll be on the DVD?
The DVD is already out in stores. I picked up the Blu-Ray yesterday; I can check.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2013, 03:26 AM   #675
PorthosShadow
Fleet Captain
 
PorthosShadow's Avatar
 
Location: Hermans Head
Re: The Day of the Doctore Review Thread (Spoilers?)

Psion wrote: View Post
DWF wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
I'm not sure if someone's already posted a link to this, but here's the making-of video, narrated by Colin Baker:

http://youtu.be/15YZjf2fvGw
They showed it in the theater with the 3D showings, along with a great opening by Strax and an explaination of the 3D glasses by Tennant and Smith.
Unfortunately, the people sitting on either side of me were Zygons. I was nervous about that the rest of the show, but I guess I wasn't on their diet card.
I wouldn't feel too bad. They were probably just really into their roles as nerds
__________________
"India must be the future because we all know there are no neck ties in the future and everyone can do math"
PorthosShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.