TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old November 22 2013, 04:50 AM   #16
Ho Ho Homeier
Vice Admiral

Re: Favorite/Underrated Episodes of ENT

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
"Civilization" has always been one of my favourite ENT episodes, and is one I return to fairly regularly. I particularly enjoy Diane DiLascio's performance as Riann.
Another vote for "Civilization". I first saw it in first-run, and it was the first episode of the series I actually liked. It felt very much like a TOS story, and I thought they were starting to find their footing in the series.
Old November 22 2013, 05:07 AM   #17
Rennick
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Melakon wrote: View Post
"Civilization" has always been one of my favourite ENT episodes, and is one I return to fairly regularly. I particularly enjoy Diane DiLascio's performance as Riann.
Another vote for "Civilization". I first saw it in first-run, and it was the first episode of the series I actually liked. It felt very much like a TOS story, and I thought they were starting to find their footing in the series.
I recently just watched this episode, and it was the first one in the season where I felt the writers got Enterprise right.
Rennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 10:39 PM   #18
LOKAI of CHERON
Commodore

Location: Post-apocalyptic ruins of my once mighty Homeworld.

Yes, spot on with TOS comparison - exactly what I thought on first viewing.
Old November 22 2013, 11:55 PM   #19
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

I also loved The Seventh which is disliked. Great atmosphere, insight into Vulcan secret service shenanigans. And I like that we see Vulcans deliberately living outside of their tightly controlled society on ENT, this being another example. Sure they're all shitheads but it's still interesting.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 12:42 AM   #20
Gov Kodos
Admiral

TATV

No, not really, 'Bound' was great fun. As folks mentioned earlier 'Civilization' was very TOS in feel. Also, 'Strange New World' was great for the characters under stress. I very much liked having no monster of the week, just the crew dealing with each other under the effects of the pollen. Great episode that used the various characters talents and weaknesses to good effect.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 04:46 AM   #21
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Overrated: both parts of "Mirror, Darkly"

Underrated:

The only thing wrong with "A Night in Sickbay" is it doesn't end with the whole cast singing an episode recap to the tune of "One Night in Bangkok", Bollywood-style.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 04:55 AM   #22
teacake
Fleet Admiral

One Night in Bangkok is the greatest song ever written.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 23 2013, 05:54 AM   #23
LMFAOschwarz
Fleet Captain

Best line (to me): T'Pol's "Enjoy your tea." to Archer. Well-said, and so packed with implication! My first real indication of "Wow! She really can act!"!
LMFAOschwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 09:52 AM   #24
Saganistheman
Lieutenant

I have started the epic journey of watching every Star Trek episode in a historic narrative, so of course I have started with Enterprise. I have made it almost through the first season so my knowledge is limited at this time, but I really would like to say that so far I have enjoyed the Enterprise Season 1 Episode 12: "Dear Doctor". Awesome episode about ethics and morality in evolutionary science. Medical Officer Phlox is starting to become one of my favorite characters. This episode is the beginning seed to what will become the Federations implementation of the Prime Directive, Starfleet's General Order number 1. Great episode.
Saganistheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 03:41 PM   #25
Bad Thoughts
Fleet Captain

Civilization had a great premise, exploring the mechanics of first contacts and what it's like when different groups have competing interests with regard to primitive civilizations. However, the threat was too big, overwhelming the episode's charm. The dangers that the Malurians posed should have been more ambiguous; the resolution (or lack thereof) should have been more cerebral.
Bad Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2013, 11:47 PM   #26
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Bad Thoughts wrote: View Post
Civilization had a great premise, exploring the mechanics of first contacts and what it's like when different groups have competing interests with regard to primitive civilizations. However, the threat was too big, overwhelming the episode's charm. The dangers that the Malurians posed should have been more ambiguous; the resolution (or lack thereof) should have been more cerebral.
So, more TNG than the TOS ending which is what we got? I'm fine with it as is.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Old November 24 2013, 12:14 AM   #27
teacake
Fleet Admiral

When I first saw Civilization I thought "now this is a classic piece of Trek."

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old November 24 2013, 12:28 AM   #28
Bad Thoughts
Fleet Captain

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
I was hoping for something that would set up the type of conflict that would be seen in A Private Little More. Not so much TNG, more pre-TOS, and more of something with its own identity.
Bad Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 12:40 AM   #29
Gov Kodos
Admiral

Gov Kodos wrote: View Post
I was hoping for something that would set up the type of conflict that would be seen in A Private Little More. Not so much TNG, more pre-TOS, and more of something with its own identity.
What we got was the ending to Friday's Child or Elaan of Troyius, shoot up the bad guys and move on. Very TOS.
Old November 24 2013, 04:26 PM   #30
Saganistheman
Lieutenant

teacake wrote: View Post
One Night in Bangkok is the greatest song ever written.
I must agree it is an awesome song. The video is kinda cool in a swaggering 80's way
Saganistheman is offline   Reply With Quote