RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,311
Posts: 5,352,225
Members: 24,619
Currently online: 654
Newest member: DaxFan74205

TrekToday headlines

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 21 2013, 06:01 PM   #46
Bixby
Commander
 
Bixby's Avatar
 
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Thank you both for the insight, Loken and GSchnitzer...back on topic: hope the concluding action to Kitumba is , as the kids say, off the hook... Lots of hand-to-hand human/klingon brawling, not to mention oodles of pretty starship battles...

The only thing I don't want is, no, repeat, NO submarine periscope attachments!!
Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 07:17 PM   #47
alchemist
Commander
 
alchemist's Avatar
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
Oh look! My screen name comes up in green instead of white like everybody else's! I wonder why!

I don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that my posts are unrecognizable as moderation.

batboy853 wrote: View Post
and again I ask are there no longer mods on this forum?
I've found GSchnitzer to be one of the most knowledgeable, thoughtful, and even-handed moderators on TrekBBS. And in this forum, given the relatively small circle of folks who are producing Trek fan films, it must be especially difficult for him to have to moderate both his friends and his fellow Phase II teammates. I think he sets a nice, high bar.
__________________
www.startrekhistory.com
alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 08:11 PM   #48
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral
 
Location: On the USS Sovereign
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

It would be unfortunate for most of us, if there were no new Phase II information posted on this forum.
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 08:16 PM   #49
batboy853
Lieutenant
 
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

I fully agree!

and not to derail the topic again. he has a difficult job to do, but it seems lately, this forum has become flame war after flame war in every thread. This type of activity could potentially chase off new films from coming to the forum, or even getting off the ground. I think back to the topic from a month or two ago when a thread was started saying that James Cawley was going to do a new film with him as kirk, and then two people took out their torches, and then a few posts later the project was scrapped due to fire. And the people that started the fire continue to do so in every thread. from the "puppies and kittens" thread to the "this thread is fire proof" thread.

Its funny because on an unrelated to star trek forum, about sprint and their LTE updates, the mods there warn and ban people when any one says anything along the lines of "im frustrated with sprint and their slow speeds"

MY POINT is this forum needs to stop getting set on fire, and as he is a mod its time for him to start grabbing an extinguisher and possibly banning the people who consistently derail / troll here if they cannot behave.
batboy853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 01:05 AM   #50
Barbreader
Fleet Captain
 
Location: New York, New York
View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

batboy853 wrote: View Post
I fully agree!

and not to derail the topic again. he has a difficult job to do, but it seems lately, this forum has become flame war after flame war in every thread. This type of activity could potentially chase off new films from coming to the forum, or even getting off the ground. I think back to the topic from a month or two ago when a thread was started saying that James Cawley was going to do a new film with him as kirk, and then two people took out their torches, and then a few posts later the project was scrapped due to fire. And the people that started the fire continue to do so in every thread. from the "puppies and kittens" thread to the "this thread is fire proof" thread.

Its funny because on an unrelated to star trek forum, about sprint and their LTE updates, the mods there warn and ban people when any one says anything along the lines of "im frustrated with sprint and their slow speeds"

MY POINT is this forum needs to stop getting set on fire, and as he is a mod its time for him to start grabbing an extinguisher and possibly banning the people who consistently derail / troll here if they cannot behave.
Amen.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 03:46 AM   #51
andriech
Commander
 
Location: New England
Send a message via AIM to andriech
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Bixby wrote: View Post
Thank you both for the insight, Loken and GSchnitzer...back on topic: hope the concluding action to Kitumba is , as the kids say, off the hook... Lots of hand-to-hand human/klingon brawling, not to mention oodles of pretty starship battles...

The only thing I don't want is, no, repeat, NO submarine periscope attachments!!
hehe....you are in for a treat! Except, of course, there is only ONE "starship" in the Klingon Empire....so you'll be seeing a lot of OTHER pretty ships!
__________________
Founder Childhood Warriors. Producer/Promoter/Writer/Costume Designer/Event Coordinator/Fundraiser/website design (formerly for Retro Film Studios, CEC, IP, Mystic Seaport, Dickens Days).
andriech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 08:51 PM   #52
Akira8
Ensign
 
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Thank you for the updates Alec. I hope you'll reconsider adding additional Phase 2 updates in the future. There is a definitely a lot of hype surrounding Kitumba and everything else Phase 2 has in store!
Akira8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 07:18 PM   #53
Cinema Geekly
Lieutenant Commander
 
Cinema Geekly's Avatar
 
View Cinema Geekly's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

It is with Great Happiness that we announce on January 1, 2014 we will release the complete episode "KITUMBA"! which will mark James Cawley's last appearance as James Kirk for STAR TREK:PHASE II! and then, on February 14, 2014 Celebrate Valentines Day with a remarkable story that brings Dr. Carol Marcus aboard The Enterprise as Brian Gross takes over the title role and carries Phase II into the future!
The Human Adventure Continues with STAR TREK:PHASE II!!
Anyone know what happened to The Protracted Man which looked like it was suppose to be the Phase II version of the Kirk origin story? Or Bread and Savagery (which I thought was the first Brian Gross episode).

As much as I enjoy Phase II they aren't particularly good at keeping fans up-to-date on what the show is doing.
Cinema Geekly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 07:38 PM   #54
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral
 
MikeH92467's Avatar
 
Location: Boise, ID
View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

The Phase II crew does as much as time and circumstances allow when it comes to keeping everyone updated on their release dates. Sadly their attempts to issue interim updates or just interesting tidbits tend to somehow degenerate into nasty flame wars. Also production schedules and plans can change drastically because of the availability of cast and key production staff. Given that, it's a pleasant surprise to me that we get any information at all.
MikeH92467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 08:39 PM   #55
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer
 
GSchnitzer's Avatar
 
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, Terra
Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

A number of production problems have arisen with "Origins" aka "Origins: The Protracted Man" aka "The Protracted Man." The "easiest" solution might be to reshoot just about all of the principal photography--which is what Director (and now also our Showrunner) David Gerrorld wants to do. We have a lot of plans on our agenda, with only limited windows of opportunity each year to accomplish them all. We'll see what old, outstanding and new, exciting things take priority.

"Bread and Savagery" still needs some complex exterior shots that we need to grab--something we didn't need for "The Holiest Thing." So we might (probably) will be able to actually finish "The Holiest Thing" before we get another opportunity to get the "Bread and Savagery" exteriors. (It will start getting pretty cold and snowy in Upstate New York soon.)

I will have renewed vigor in making sure the fan production forum doesn't degenerate into nasty flame wars. Anticipate polite, informative professionalism.

Cinema Geekly wrote: View Post
It is with Great Happiness that we announce on January 1, 2014 we will release the complete episode "KITUMBA"! which will mark James Cawley's last appearance as James Kirk for STAR TREK:PHASE II! and then, on February 14, 2014 Celebrate Valentines Day with a remarkable story that brings Dr. Carol Marcus aboard The Enterprise as Brian Gross takes over the title role and carries Phase II into the future!
The Human Adventure Continues with STAR TREK:PHASE II!!
Anyone know what happened to The Protracted Man which looked like it was suppose to be the Phase II version of the Kirk origin story? Or Bread and Savagery (which I thought was the first Brian Gross episode).

As much as I enjoy Phase II they aren't particularly good at keeping fans up-to-date on what the show is doing.
__________________
Greg Schnitzer
Co-Executive Producer
Star Trek Phase II
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 09:30 PM   #56
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

MikeH92467 wrote: View Post
The Phase II crew does as much as time and circumstances allow when it comes to keeping everyone updated on their release dates. Sadly their attempts to issue interim updates or just interesting tidbits tend to somehow degenerate into nasty flame wars. Also production schedules and plans can change drastically because of the availability of cast and key production staff. Given that, it's a pleasant surprise to me that we get any information at all.
This is somewhat true for the Exeter crew as well, which is one reason we've basically stopped giving status updates.
__________________
* * *
"If you wanted to get a good meeting... just go in and
say 'darker, grittier, sexier' and whatever."
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 10:45 PM   #57
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral
 
Location: On the USS Sovereign
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

It is quite cold already in upstate NY
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 11:06 PM   #58
Cinema Geekly
Lieutenant Commander
 
Cinema Geekly's Avatar
 
View Cinema Geekly's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
A number of production problems have arisen with "Origins" aka "Origins: The Protracted Man" aka "The Protracted Man." The "easiest" solution might be to reshoot just about all of the principal photography--which is what Director (and now also our Showrunner) David Gerrorld wants to do. We have a lot of plans on our agenda, with only limited windows of opportunity each year to accomplish them all. We'll see what old, outstanding and new, exciting things take priority.

"Bread and Savagery" still needs some complex exterior shots that we need to grab--something we didn't need for "The Holiest Thing." So we might (probably) will be able to actually finish "The Holiest Thing" before we get another opportunity to get the "Bread and Savagery" exteriors. (It will start getting pretty cold and snowy in Upstate New York soon.)

I will have renewed vigor in making sure the fan production forum doesn't degenerate into nasty flame wars. Anticipate polite, informative professionalism.

Cinema Geekly wrote: View Post
It is with Great Happiness that we announce on January 1, 2014 we will release the complete episode "KITUMBA"! which will mark James Cawley's last appearance as James Kirk for STAR TREK:PHASE II! and then, on February 14, 2014 Celebrate Valentines Day with a remarkable story that brings Dr. Carol Marcus aboard The Enterprise as Brian Gross takes over the title role and carries Phase II into the future!
The Human Adventure Continues with STAR TREK:PHASE II!!
Anyone know what happened to The Protracted Man which looked like it was suppose to be the Phase II version of the Kirk origin story? Or Bread and Savagery (which I thought was the first Brian Gross episode).

As much as I enjoy Phase II they aren't particularly good at keeping fans up-to-date on what the show is doing.
BOOM! Thanks for that Greg.

I think I am just getting spoiled with Vic's series as they are constantly flooding my timeline with updates and the like.

Sorry to hear about the technical issues with Origins, what I was seeing looked really great. Can't wait for the first of the year!
Cinema Geekly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2013, 11:52 PM   #59
Maurice
Vice Admiral
 
Maurice's Avatar
 
Location: Maurice in San Francisco
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Cinema Geekly wrote: View Post
I think I am just getting spoiled with Vic's series as they are constantly flooding my timeline with updates and the like.
I think that this is a good example of "you can't please everyone", because some people find such "flooding" an irritation and others can't get enough.
__________________
* * *
"If you wanted to get a good meeting... just go in and
say 'darker, grittier, sexier' and whatever."
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2013, 01:43 AM   #60
DCR
Lieutenant Commander
 
Location: Wentworth Hall, Tellus of Sol
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

Maurice wrote: View Post
Cinema Geekly wrote: View Post
I think I am just getting spoiled with Vic's series as they are constantly flooding my timeline with updates and the like.
I think that this is a good example of "you can't please everyone", because some people find such "flooding" an irritation and others can't get enough.
I also think that aspects such as tone also have an effect. I know I'm always looking for more information on projects like Phase II, Exeter, and Ajax; while others may sometimes over-share.
DCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.