The Main Trek Characters - where are they now? [MAJOR SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Danlav05, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Hi

I don't follow the novel universe as avidly as others but I do catch up via Memory Beta, and I know things have changed quite dramatically in the Trek novel universe since Nemesis, which seems to be the most developed (STO and IDW's Hive have similar ideas but don't fit) with things such as new DS9, Kira as a Vedek, Data's resurrection, Voyager returning to the Delta Quadrant etc.

I watched all the Hidden Frontier fan films with mainly new characters, but what about our old friends?

Is there a summary of all the developments, maybe even a chart showing where everyone is, for example:

Picard: Still on the Enteprise, with Beverley
    Tuvok: Tactical Officer; USS Titan

etc...? Memory Beta are very good with things like this, the book and character pages are relatively up to date, but is there something more direct?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Memory Beta is the only site I know with a lot of detailed info about what has happened to specific characters in the books.

3. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

There's no other definitive listing that I'm aware of, but we could certainly try to put something together in this thread. Thanks for starting it. Nice avatar, too!

Spock: Whereabouts as of 2385 unknown; possibly on Romulus; unclear how novels will depict events prior to Star Trek (2009)
    Montgomery Scott: Starfleet Corps of Engineering
    Nyota Uhura: Starfleet Intelligence
    Willard Decker: Mission in Action, 2273
    Arex: Chief Security Officer, USS Trident
    Sharboline M'Ress: Chief Science Officer, USS Trident

Jean-Luc Picard: Captain, USS Enterprise
    William T. Riker: Captain, USS Titan
    Worf: Executive Officer, USS Enterprise
    Deanna Troi: Chief Counselor, USS Titan
    Beverley Crusher: Chief Medical Officer, USS Enterprise
    Geordi LaForge: Chief Engineer, USS Enterprise

Benjamin Sisko: Captain, USS Robinson
    Kira Nerys: Missing in Action, 2383
    Odo: Stranded in Alpha Quadrant due to Bajoran Wormhole collapse; Currently resides on Bajor
    Julian Bashir: Imprisoned in September 2385 for role in curing Andorian fertility crisis; prior to arrest he resigned post as CMO aboard DS9
    Ezri Dax: Captain, USS Aventine; Dax was arrested for her role in the Andorian crisis at the same time as Bashir, so her long-term status is unclear
    Miles O'Brien: Chief Engineer, Deep Space 9
    Quark: Ferengi Ambassador to the United Federation of Planets and Proprietor of Quark's Bar
    Jake Sisko: Married and splitting time between Bajor and Earth

This is what I know. Anyone should feel free to point out changes I'm not aware of. I didn't include characters who are already deceased, just those who are living or unaccounted for.

--Sran

4. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Picard becomes an Admiral and commands a fleet of ships comprised of many prior series characters. Chekote is his XO.

5. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

That's Memory Gamma but I've seen that - there is no 'story' behind it just the biogs!

I wanna read it though it sounds good

6. Masiral

Masiral Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Quark is Ferengi Ambassador to Bajor only, not the UFP

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Scotty's actually...
    Missing, presumed dead after being left behind on the exploding USS Challenger... as far as Starfleet in concerned. He actually beamed off the Challenger at the last minute using some new formula which came to him...

8. Nob Akimoto

Nob Akimoto Captain Captain

Well but Indistinguishable From Magic has kind of been retconned out of existence in the Typhon Pact/The Fall era.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not quite - the events of it were briefly recapped in Typhon Pact: Plagues of Night.

10. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Not really.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Captain Kathryn Janeway: Resurrected following death at the hands of the Borg. (I'm just now starting The Eternal Tide, and all I know ATM is that she is resurrected by then end of it. From the description of Protectors it sounds like her exact status will be set up there)
    Captain Chakotay: Captain of USS Voyager
    Lieutenant Commander Tom Paris: Executive Officer of USS Voyager
    Commander Tuvok: Tactical Officer and Second Officer of USS Titan
    Lieutenant Harry Kim: Chief of Security/Tactical Officer of USS Voyager
    Lieutenant B'Elanna Torres: Chief Engineer of the Full Circle Fleet.
    The Doctor: Chief Medical Officer of the USS Galen
    Kes: ? (In The String Theory: Evolution she was seen returning to Ocampa, and according to Memory Beta she played a role in The Eternal Tide)
    Seven of Nine: Civilian on board USS Voyager.
    Neelix: Civilian resident of New Talax.
    Icheb: Cadet at Starfleet Academy (This might have changed as of The Eternal Tide)
    Naomi Wildman: Cadet at Starfleet Academy

12. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

^No offence to JD, but there are a few tiny things to correct from that post. Please feel free to correct me if i'm mistaken :

- It's Admiral Janeway. Not Captain...Harry is also Second officer of Voyager...B'Elanna is a Lieutenant Commander...Icheb was on Voyager by the end of Eternal Tide (unknown if he will stick around) and I believe Neelix is still considered the UFP Ambassador to New Tallax, and not just a civilian.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

No problem, I'll admit my memory isn't the greatest and like I said I only just started The Eternal Tide. I appreciate the correction. I'd feel bad if I gave someone inaccurate information and nobody corrected me.
    I can't believe I forgot Janeway is an Admiral, that one I actually did know.
    I thought Neelix had some kind of an official position, but I couldn't find it when I skimmed his article on Memory Beta.