Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 19 2013, 02:59 AM   #46
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Lost Girl season 4

RJDonner&Blitzen wrote: View Post
Hmm. Lost Girl action figures. That could be interesting.
Me: "Why don't they make any Lost Girl merchandise?"
My mother: "Well, at Goodwill they have a whole bunch of naked Barbie dolls..."

JD wrote: View Post
Or novels. I would kill for some good Lost Girl tie-in novels.
So would I. In fact, I've been drawing up a specific list of people that wouldn't be missed that we could kill right now to further the cause! (Or is that not how the publishing industry works?)
Old December 19 2013, 10:29 AM   #47
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

The Goodwill people sound a little weird. Maybe they spend too much time in dumpsters.
Old December 19 2013, 10:05 PM   #48
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

They're probably some breed of Underfae.
Old December 20 2013, 03:42 AM   #49
JD
Admiral

Just wanted to let everyone know that the US Netflix (at least), has added to third season to their streaming service. I'll probably start working on it in the next week or two so I will be ready for Season 4. Luckily it's only 13 episodes, so I can get through it pretty quickly.
Old February 2 2014, 04:31 AM   #50
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Now that the 4th season has started airing in the U.S., what do you guys think?

(BTW, if you're an American fan, stay way far away from Lost Girl's Facebook page. There have been some recent major bombshells late in the season that the Canadian fans will not stop talking about.)

I don't have cable but I did get the season pass on iTunes for only $17. I've caught the first 2 episodes so far. This Wanderer story arc is pretty clever because it gives them a natural way in to story to give Anna Silk some maternity leave.

Actually, the first episode, "In Memorium," is right up there with "Arachnofaebia," "Mirror Mirror," & "Original Skin" as one of my all-time favorite episodes. It's amazing how well the show works without Bo. In fact, much as I love Bo, I kinda want to just watch the Kenzi show from now on. And Dyson & Kenzi totally need to become a permanent item.

Although, some of the stuff doesn't really make sense if no one can remember Bo. If Kenzi is still considered a terrorist simply for being a claimed human, who claimed her? And how would Kenzi have met Dyson, Trick, et al without first meeting Bo?

The kinds of memory changing stories are often tricky. Angel never really answered the question of how any of Wesley's storyline makes any sense any more now that they can't remember Connor. And on Doctor Who, Amy still existed despite the fact that her parents had totally been erased from existence.

What do you guys think about Season 4 so far?
Old February 2 2014, 04:52 AM   #51
Christopher
Writer

^I think the common thread with all those things is that reality hadn't changed, just people's memory of aspects of it. They either didn't think to consider those discrepancies in their past or they came up with ways to rationalize them. If you grilled them about those questions, they'd probably start thinking about them and be confused, but otherwise it just hasn't occurred to them. Part of the forgetting is that they forget there was anything they've forgotten -- the spell or the change in reality makes them accept the altered state of affairs as normal.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2014, 10:54 AM   #52
RJDiogenes

It's early in the season, but I've liked it so far. I was surprised that Bo didn't show up at all in the first episode, and you can pretty much tell that Anna Silk was pregnant, despite the way they dress her. I liked the Crazy Train, and I imagine they'll pick up that thread again-- I like surreal, trippy stuff like that. They seem to be moving closer to getting Kenzi and Hale together, which is cool.
Old February 2 2014, 09:16 PM   #53
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

I missed half of the premiere, and was irritated that the syfy website wasn't showing it so I went youtube searching. To my surprise (I hadn't looked for Lost Girl since I was unsuccessfful last fall) I not only found the premiere on-line in one huge bite, I found the next 8 eps scattered on various channels. (Look for a link that has a video 40+minutes long, everything else is the spam "come to this website" video)

(ETA: Just tried to go back and find said eps... last watched 2 weeks ago but they are now mssing. So sorry)

What can I say except YOWZA!

I've been afraid to come back and chat in case I reveal things too far ahead.

I will say that thus far I have enjoyed it quite a bit.

As for the Kenzi question... Kenzi knows she's a human and that a human is persona non grata in the Fae world at this point in time so she has to purchase spritely stuff to mask herself from the Fae PTB's.

She doesn't remember who claimed her, in fact she knows she can't remember and that ticks her off... hence the questions between her and Dyson/ her and Hall about what they meant to each other in the past.

What I found interesting was that on the train/in the haunted house, Bo has only fleeting memories of Kenzi and none (IIRC) of Dyson or Lauren. Along those same lines, of the folks left in Fae-land only Dyson has a Bo flashback.

Last edited by JanewayRulz!; February 2 2014 at 11:33 PM.
JanewayRulz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2014, 11:06 PM   #54
JD
Admiral

I've been really enjoying the season so far. I wasn't sure what to expect of the first one when I heard Anna Silk wasn't in it, but it actually worked out really well. The second episode was pretty cool too.
Old February 5 2014, 12:58 AM   #55
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

So... the "unaligned" succubus is no more.

Does that mean she MUST do as Evony says?
Old February 5 2014, 01:24 AM   #56
JD
Admiral

Yeah, I was wondering exactly what this means too. Definitely very curious to see what happens next week. I'm assuming it will have some kind of an effect on her relationships with Dyson, Trick, and co. since they are all light.

Really enjoyed last nights episode. It was nice to see the Dyson, Bo, Tamzin, and Kenzi all back together again. The Una Mens are seriously creepy.
Tamzin's wings were pretty cool. Didn't they show her with a winged silhouette last season somewhere?
Old February 5 2014, 01:30 AM   #57
Admiral2
Vice Admiral

I was kinda hoping Tamsin would be gone permanently. Then I saw last night's ep...

-Tom Clancy
Admiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5 2014, 10:33 AM   #58
RJDiogenes

It was definitely amusing seeing Tamsin act like a teenager. The wings were cool, as was the revelation that this is her last life.

Something tells me that Bo's alignment is either a lie or will not hold.
Old February 6 2014, 12:39 AM   #59
JD
Admiral

Old February 6 2014, 03:38 AM   #60
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
^I think the common thread with all those things is that reality hadn't changed, just people's memory of aspects of it. They either didn't think to consider those discrepancies in their past or they came up with ways to rationalize them. If you grilled them about those questions, they'd probably start thinking about them and be confused, but otherwise it just hasn't occurred to them. Part of the forgetting is that they forget there was anything they've forgotten -- the spell or the change in reality makes them accept the altered state of affairs as normal.
Not quite the same thing but it reminded me of it:

"Everyone's memory is a mess. Life is a mess. Everyone's got memories of a holiday they couldn't have been on or a party they never went to or met someone for the first time and felt like they've known them all their lives. Time is being rewritten all around us every day. People think their memories are bad but their memories are fine. The past is really like that."

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
It was definitely amusing seeing Tamsin act like a teenager. The wings were cool, as was the revelation that this is her last life.
Her last life? Really? Couldn't she get a new set of regenerations from the Time Lords?