May-June 2015 Trek Conventions And Appearances
By: T'Bonz on Apr 30

Ross To Attend Trek Convention
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

William Shatner Presents Chaos On The Bridge US Premiere
By: T'Bonz on Apr 29

Trek Phaser Monitor Mate Bobble Prop
By: T'Bonz on Apr 28

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old May 3 2014, 09:46 AM   #196
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Lost Girl season 4

I'm on board with the idea of finding Kenzie in the shower-- whether it explains this season or not.
Old May 7 2014, 03:18 AM   #197
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

Christopher wrote: View Post
Okay, maybe they didn't go as far as I remembered, but it definitely seemed like all was forgiven.
It seemed to me like they were just trying to briefly forget their issues so that they could have a quickie.

And it's not like there was really anything to forgive, per se. Their original break up in "Delinquents" was extremely amicable. But the fact that they still couldn't quite get all the way back together in "Let the Dark Times Roll," to me, underscores one of the underlying flaws in their relationship. As much as they like each other and as much as they're attracted to each other, they're not on the same wavelength emotionally. They're often really bad at communicating with each other. Consider "Fae-ge Against the Machine," where Bo pointlessly lies to Lauren about why she can't make it to Lauren's award banquet. Why didn't she just say, "I got suckered into a deal with an obnoxious Fae who literally will not leave me alone until I help him find a missing girl."?

Anyway, the point is that the season was so incoherently written that it was hard to tell what was going on. I still don't have a clue what the whole Rainer business was about, or what was up with Trick all season. The whole Bo-Lauren relationship status was no more confusing than most of what happened (or didn't happen, rather, since it seemed like most of the scenes and conversations that would've made sense of it all were skipped over entirely).
Frankly, Bo & Lauren's relationship status was one of the few things about Season 4 that actually did mostly make a kind of sense to me. At the very least, it's way down the list. I'm going to try to rank Season 4 plot elements in order of most confusing. (And hope that my brain doesn't deteriorate into a puddle of Cthulu-esque mush by the end.):

1. Rainer. Just everything about Rainer. WTF?
2. Lauren turns the Morrigan human. Hilarious but... why?
3. Almost all of the season finale.
4. At the end of "Origin," Kenzi demands that Bo unclaim her, then storms out of the house. In the next episode, Dyson discovers her in the Morrigan's room researching plot stuff.
5. Bo hardly seems to be having sex with anyone. (For this show, that's a major plot hole!)
6. Trick is acting shifty & secretive & distant all the time.
7. Trick is appointed as the new acting-Ash but we never see him serving in that function. (Seems like that might have been a half-decent explanation for why he's been so distant & unhelpful for most of the season but it never really comes up.)
8. At the end of Season 3, the Morrigan declared that all claimed humans were enemies of the Fae. In Season 4, she suddenly seems to have completely lost interest in this crusade.
9. Bo is declared Dark Fae, yet keeps hanging out with all of her Light Fae friends and sleeping with Dyson without any consequences.
10. Bo & Dyson are kinda back together without any fanfare at all.
11. Hale is murdered and no one besides Kenzi seems to care.
12. Massimo was raised by Vex.
13. Vex's father was one of the Blood King's greatest generals.
14. Hale is now the last heir of the Zamora clan, with no explanation as to what happened to the rest of his family.
15. In "La Fae Epoque," why does it matter if Bo proves that Dyson is innocent if the Una Mens knew that he was being framed all along anyway?
16. In "La Fae Epoque," when Bo walked around inside Dyson's memories, why did they do it in Kenzi's room instead of Bo's room?
Old May 7 2014, 04:26 AM   #198
Christopher
Writer

^Was that ordered from most to least confusing? If so, I'd put #5 closer to the "least confusing" end. Anna Silk had a baby between seasons, and given that she spent the first half-season in various corset-based outfits, I'd say it took her a while to get back into shape, so they kind of had to avoid showing her body for a while.

Still, that doesn't explain the scene with Tamsin in the season finale, where the dialogue seemed to be written to lead into (and follow after) a sex scene and yet Bo just briefly sucked chi from Tamsin without even touching her.
Old May 8 2014, 02:05 AM   #199
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Was that ordered from most to least confusing?
Tried to, as best I could. It's tricky though because I'm sure that there are few things that are even more confusing that I didn't even notice because I was so busy being confused by the other stuff. And then there were a few things about the Origin Seed and the Bad Horse cult and the prophecies about Bo that don't make sense to me right now but I suppose could theoretically make sense later if I rewatched the episodes. (Should I do that? I suppose I should at least give my brain some time to heal first.)

Still, that doesn't explain the scene with Tamsin in the season finale, where the dialogue seemed to be written to lead into (and follow after) a sex scene and yet Bo just briefly sucked chi from Tamsin without even touching her.
Yeah. Like I said before, even if they couldn't show as much of Anna Silk as they had before, there still should have been more implied sex.

Of course, it didn't help that Rainer, the supposed true love of her life, had all the sex appeal of a cardboard box. He was handsome enough in a dull, catalog model sort of way but in desperate need of a personality transplant.
Old May 10 2014, 01:58 AM   #200
JD
Admiral

I always hate when shows suddenly bring in a new character who is instantly declared the love of another character's life.
Old May 10 2014, 09:46 AM   #201
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Especially when there is no reason or chemistry.
Old May 16 2014, 02:41 AM   #202
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Just saw the new RoboCop remake last night. K.C. Collins (a.k.a. Hale) is in it, playing another cop no less. When he first appeared on screen, I did a tiny little squee that no one else in the theater understood.
Old May 16 2014, 03:55 AM   #203
JD
Admiral

I didn't know that.
Kris Holden-Reid also played another Werewolf (aka Lycan) in Undworld: Awakening. So now that's two actors who have played role similar to their LG ones in big(ish) movies.
Old May 25 2014, 09:02 AM   #204
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I'm watching a movie called Sex After Kids and I've counted 4 actor(esse)s from Lost Girl, but there's probably more.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2014, 09:33 PM   #205
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
I didn't know that.
Kris Holden-Reid also played another Werewolf (aka Lycan) in Undworld: Awakening. So now that's two actors who have played role similar to their LG ones in big(ish) movies.
Yeah. If only Ksenia Solo's character in Black Swan spent more time stealing shit.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I'm watching a movie called Sex After Kids and I've counted 4 actor(esse)s from Lost Girl, but there's probably more.
Giving the cast list a quick glance, I see Vex, Dyson, & Lauren. I also see Dr. McKay's sister from Stargate Atlantis as well as Peter Keleghan (Alan Roy from Made in Canada & Ranger Gord from The Red Green Show) and Gordon Pinsent (who I'm sure has done a lot of very prestigious work but will always be Made in Canada's vain, drunken, ill-tempered Walter Franklin to me). I totally need to see this movie now!
Old May 25 2014, 10:19 PM   #206
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ I'll always think of him as Benton Fraser's dad from Due South.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25 2014, 10:35 PM   #207
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The lead Una Mens is there too, and she has some very disturbing vocabulary, which is not as a tenth disturbing as Zoie Palmer's British accent.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote