Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy

Trek Retro Watches

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 13 2014, 03:19 PM   #181
Christopher
Writer

Re: Lost Girl season 4

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
The one thing it said that make me go "HUH?" now that I've seen season 5 was how LG was named fan fav series in Canada this year.

I think the Canadian fans were DEFINATELY grading on a curve this year.
Were they even watching Continuum?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13 2014, 07:40 PM   #182
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Christopher wrote: View Post
The one thing it said that make me go "HUH?" now that I've seen season 5 was how LG was named fan fav series in Canada this year.

I think the Canadian fans were DEFINATELY grading on a curve this year.
Were they even watching Continuum?
THAT I do not know, but something else struck me about this year's Canadian fan awards.

Those fans obviously DID watch season 4 before voting. How else can you explain Zoie beating out Anna for the win?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H6vyYXQOb4

Heck, this season even I like Lauren a hell of a lot more than Bo, and that's not something I could have imagined myself saying after season 3.
Old April 13 2014, 11:04 PM   #183
JD
Admiral

I'm wondering if perhaps the whole season 5 arc will be them trying to find and bring back Kenzi. Either that, or they are just don't want to admit she's coming back yet in order to keep people wondering.
Old April 13 2014, 11:32 PM   #184
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.

I'm still in the process of catching up. I just watched "End of a Line" & "Origin." I think Kenzi is being a bit harsh on Bo but I also think Bo was being a bit optimistic about her ability to save Hale. While Bo is capable of breathing chi into people, she's not able to heal them. Even if she drained Kenzi dry, it still wouldn't have fixed the big ol' sword wound in Hale's torso. IIRC, wasn't that the reason why she couldn't save Ciara in "Lachlan's Gambit"?

Funny, I would've thought "Reynard" would be emphasized on the second syllable, like its variant Renard.
Nope. They pronounced it more like "RAYnrd." Check the clip below. Around 0:18 & 1:36 you get to hear Woods say it a couple times and Dyson say it once, and they both pronounce it the same way.

Those fans obviously DID watch season 4 before voting. How else can you explain Zoie beating out Anna for the win?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H6vyYXQOb4

Heck, this season even I like Lauren a hell of a lot more than Bo, and that's not something I could have imagined myself saying after season 3.
Agreed. Bo is actually really pissing me off right now. When the show first started, she was my 2nd favorite character after Kenzi. But as the show goes on, it just seems like Bo keeps getting stupider.

More than ever, I feel like my favorite episode of the season was "In Memorium," largely because it shows how well the show works without Bo. And frankly, everyone seemed a lot happier & a lot less emo when she wasn't around. Hell, even Aifa seemed sane & well-adjusted when she couldn't actually remember Bo.

Meanwhile Lauren has become the ultimate badass! While I still don't understand the point of why she would turn the Morrigan human, I love the way she played it. I was expecting that she would have just slipped the serum into into her wine. But instead, "Ouch, forgotten already? It was only twenty minutes ago you were down there.": techman: Now that's the kind of trashy fun that the show has been missing! (And has anyone else noticed that Lauren has been getting way more action this season than Bo?)

Speaking of Bo and Kenzi, why was Kenzi on one side of the funeral aisle and Bo/Tamsin on the other last night? Are you telling me that enough Dark Fae attended that they rated the left side of the service?
I'm guessing that everyone could sit wherever. Kenzi just deliberately chose to sit away from Bo because she's mad at her.

JD wrote: View Post
Have they dealt with exactly what Kenzi's mother's boyfriend did to her?
They didn't specify, and this seems to be entirely new backstory, but implicitly he abused her in some way.
I don't think it's entirely new. I recall some earlier references to it circa Season 2 or so, although I can't remember any specific episodes.
Old April 18 2014, 03:25 AM   #185
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

OK, I've finished Season 4 now. What the f--- was that piece of crap!?!?

I agree that that was the most pathetic, poorly crafted zombie battle scene I've ever seen. (And that includes some of the amateur zombie movies that I've been in.) Kenzi's sacrifice just came out of nowhere (and felt like a total rip-off of Buffy's "The Gift").

And why was Kenzi in Evony's room? Last we saw her, she was demanding that Bo unclaim her and then stormed out of the house. Now, she's researching plot-stuff? Why is she helping again? How did she know what & where to research? And how did she even get into Evony's room? Shadow-thief training I guess but that was really unclear.

BTW, when Dyson told Kenzi that he would start training her as a shadow-thief back in "La Fae Epoque," I expected that to be a major plot-line. Instead, the only other times they mentioned it were to give Lauren some panty-stealing jokes in "Waves" & "Dark Horse."

"What a haul! What a haul!"

(Oh, and Kenzi taught Lauren how to escape from handcuffs before her shadow-thief training, since Lauren knew how to do it back in "Turn to Stone.")

The end of this season was filled with tons of random revelations. I'm OK with Massimo being Evony's son. But the idea that Vex raised the guy or that Evony would trust Vex with ANYTHING seems a bit far fetched. And then there was that random bit a couple episodes ago about how Vex's father was one of Trick's best generals. So would that mean that Vex's father was Light? I figured Vex came from a long line of noble Dark Fae and that family members switching sides like that was a fairly rare occurance.

What's with Hale being the last heir of the Zamora clan? What happened to his family? What happened to Val? For that matter, when did Vex become the last mesmer? That revelation earlier this season seemed equally random.

Is it just me or is that some of the worst, most forced award show banter ever? (Or maybe it's always this bad and I'm just usually not paying attention because it's not Lost Girl related.)

ETA: What was the necklace that Bo put on when she went after Lauren and what was the necklace Bo carried and pulled out whenever she thought about Kenzi?
I think that the necklace that she brought out when she thought about Kenzi was made from Kenzi's engagement ring that Hale gave to her in "End of a Line."

As for the necklace that she put on when going after Lauren, I feel like maybe I remember a scene with Lauren giving Bo a necklace like that. Like either in "Let the Dark Times Roll" or sometime back in Season 3 maybe...?

Was I the only one that groaned at the WTF title card at the end of the show?
I don't know. I didn't see it. It didn't seem to be included in the iTunes version. For that matter, I'm not seeing any references to it online outside of this thread.

EDIT: BTW, I just wanted to point out my new av & location.
Old April 18 2014, 03:54 AM   #186
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

BTW, I was looking up Lost Girl fan videos on Youtube and a pop-up came up for a Russian dating service. They know that I miss Kenzi already!
Old April 18 2014, 04:35 AM   #187
Christopher
Writer

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
Funny, I would've thought "Reynard" would be emphasized on the second syllable, like its variant Renard.
Nope. They pronounced it more like "RAYnrd." Check the clip below. Around 0:18 & 1:36 you get to hear Woods say it a couple times and Dyson say it once, and they both pronounce it the same way.
Wrong show, wrong name. Again, the character from Lost Girl is Rainer. I was responding to someone who brought up a character from a different show whose name was Reynard, emphasized on the first syllable.

Was I the only one that groaned at the WTF title card at the end of the show?
I don't know. I didn't see it. It didn't seem to be included in the iTunes version. For that matter, I'm not seeing any references to it online outside of this thread.
I'm not sure, but I had the impression that title card was at the beginning of Syfy's "Come back for next season" promo which began immediately after the end of the episode. I could be wrong, though.

Old April 18 2014, 10:04 AM   #188
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ Nope, you're right.
Old April 19 2014, 06:52 AM   #189
JD
Admiral

] For that matter, when did Vex become the last mesmer? That revelation earlier this season seemed equally random.
I thought there had been references to him being the last mesmer earlier in the series, but I'm not sure.
Old May 2 2014, 03:02 AM   #190
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

I guess I was wrong about Bo and Lauren still being together. If they did break up, I totally missed it.
Seriously, Season 3, Episode 10, "Delinquents."
I'm not talking about their "break" last season, which I remember perfectly well. I'm talking about "Let the Dark Times Roll" from this season, the episode where Bo was very happy to be reunited with Lauren and telling everyone who'd listen that she was right about the "break" being temporary. They did get back together in that episode -- but what I missed was that they more decisively broke up at the end of it. I thought there was just some renewed tension over Lauren's Dark loyalties but that it didn't affect their restored relationship. Evidently, though, it was meant to be a breakup rather than just an argument. But if so, that was conveyed very vaguely.
I just rewatched "Let the Dark Times Roll." I have a somewhat different interpretation than yours. While Bo was rambling on endlessly to Vex about how she & Lauren were back together, it seemed like she was kinda jumping the gun a little. At that point, she & Lauren still hadn't quite had that talk that they kept talking about having the entire episode. So while they never quite broke up at the end, they never quite got back together at the beginning.

BTW, I think I know who Bo's father is:

And I just caught this fun but flippant video that SYFY made at the beginning of the season recapping Seasons 1-3.

I love the bit around 1:21-- "She's the Lebron James of Fae. Except she's fiercely loyal."
Old May 2 2014, 03:38 AM   #191
Christopher
Writer

^I distinctly remember Bo and Lauren having reunion sex. "Scissor already!"

Old May 2 2014, 06:08 AM   #192
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

^I distinctly remember Bo and Lauren having reunion sex. "Scissor already!"
Are you talking about the kissing session the Morrigan interrupted at the dance off / dark fae party, or the 3 minutes she gave them to say "hello" before sending them off to find Vex?
Old May 2 2014, 04:26 PM   #193
Christopher
Writer

Okay, maybe they didn't go as far as I remembered, but it definitely seemed like all was forgiven.

Anyway, the point is that the season was so incoherently written that it was hard to tell what was going on. I still don't have a clue what the whole Rainer business was about, or what was up with Trick all season. The whole Bo-Lauren relationship status was no more confusing than most of what happened (or didn't happen, rather, since it seemed like most of the scenes and conversations that would've made sense of it all were skipped over entirely).

Old May 2 2014, 10:56 PM   #194
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Exactly. It did seem like all was forgiven, and Lauren even teamed up with Dyson to find Bo after the crows captured her.

Then she shows up on a train with a dude and suddenly Lauren and Dyson are leftovers?

Granted, I missed one or two of the eps in the middle, but still! Why Rainer/Rayner/Raynor (how EVER you spell the damned name) became so important is a mystery I've never understood.

I agree with you that that whole scenes/eps felt like they were missing this year and that was extremely frustrating.

Maybe Bo will wake up in the premiere next fall/winter and find Kenzi in the shower?
Old May 3 2014, 05:08 AM   #195
Christopher
Writer

^It's Rainer. That's the one thing I'm sure of about him.