Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old December 18 2014, 09:54 AM   #1
Sammo
Ensign

Since launching 20 years ago, what's your favorite PlayStation memory?

With PlayStation having launched 20 years ago in December 94, what's your favorite serious or humorous memory of PS in the last 20 years, be it something very funny happening while you were going to buy a game, or while you were playing one, or something you saw happen to someone else. It doesn't matter if you weren't even born in, or before 1994.
Sammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2014, 12:52 AM   #2
Aldo
Admiral

Re: Since launching 20 years ago, what's your favorite PlayStation mem

Playstation 2 was the first console that came out after I had a job. So I stayed up all night and went to the midnight launch (well, in Best Buy's case it was just early morning, like 7:00 am). I ended up buying the system a handful of games and the four player adapter (I have no idea why, I never used the damn thing). All in all I spent at least 800 dollars that day, something I would never dare do today, yikes!

Anyways, because of all that, PS2 will always hold a special place in my heart and I have fond memories of it.
Old December 19 2014, 02:39 AM   #3
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

Metal Gear Solid: "It's just a box! ...huh?" <squeeze> <squeeze> <squeeze> <squeeze> <squeeze> <crack>

Aldo wrote: View Post
Playstation 2 was the first console that came out after I had a job. So I stayed up all night and went to the midnight launch (well, in Best Buy's case it was just early morning, like 7:00 am). I ended up buying the system a handful of games and the four player adapter (I have no idea why, I never used the damn thing). All in all I spent at least 800 dollars that day, something I would never dare do today, yikes!

Anyways, because of all that, PS2 will always hold a special place in my heart and I have fond memories of it.
I was on the other side of that launch, working for Sears in the electronics dept., where our store was accidentally shorted on dozens of PS2 systems (we ended up getting only 3 for the launch). Let us just say my experiences that day were far less pleasant, and far more mobbish and fist-fighty.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2014, 04:47 AM   #4
Coal the Elf
Commodore

View Coal the Elf's Twitter Profile

I remember getting my PS2 as a HS graduation present. It's an older model fat one and it still works. Only had to replace the controller and the AV cords. Started out with Draken: The Ancients Gates and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for it and have branched out since then. Haven't regretted it .

As for Playstation, finally got a PS3 and like it so far. Looking forward to more time playing both it and my PS2.
Old December 19 2014, 10:03 AM   #5
Santa Claus
Believe

Send a message via ICQ to Santa Claus Send a message via AIM to Santa Claus Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Santa Claus Send a message via Yahoo to Santa Claus

I'll probably move up to a PS3 when the PS5 comes out. I'm usually about two generations behind.
❄ A Joyful Holiday Season to You All! ❄

Santa Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2014, 10:31 AM   #6
RESPCT
SPCTRE

View RESPCT's Twitter Profile

My favorite memory is when Sony released their 20th anniversary edition PS4, limited it to roughly 13k units world-wide and decided to not put it up for sale in my country. Great times.

No, I'm not salty at all.
“Metro [...] is designed for casual users [...] designed for your computer illiterate little sister, for grandpas who don’t know how to use that computer dofangle thingy, and for mom who just wants to look up apple pie recipes. [...] the antithesis of a power user.”
— Windows UI designer J. Miller
RESPCT is offline   Reply With Quote