RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,366
Posts: 5,356,140
Members: 24,625
Currently online: 685
Newest member: 3d gird

TrekToday headlines

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 28 2013, 12:37 AM   #1
Rennick
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
What would you have done?

I often find myself day-dreaming to plots that I would like to have seen on Enterprise.

I do this to relieve stress. I scribble down things: plots, encounters, characters, etc.

I also like to hear what other fans would like to have seen done on the show. So tell me, what would you have done?
Rennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 12:56 AM   #2
BruntFCA
Commander
 
BruntFCA's Avatar
 
Location: A Mile High
Re: What would you have done?

I would love to have seen the Romulan war.
__________________
"Well, I come from a long, long line of smartasses. Smartass is allergic to dumbass. It’s actually a physical allergy, as in you’re repulsed by dumbasses."
Josh Homme
BruntFCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 01:04 AM   #3
Rennick
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: What would you have done?

If Enterprise did the Romulan War, then how many ships would like be employed?

Would they only be NX class ships?

I like to imagine the scenario with four or so NX class ships, along with a joint Vulcan-Andorian fleet.

Having fewer ships, in my opinion, adds a nice level of direness to the situation, which makes the eventual victory all the sweeter.
Rennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 08:36 AM   #4
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral
 
King Daniel Into Darkness's Avatar
 
Location: England again
Re: What would you have done?

The rescue (or attempted rescue) of the "real" ECS Kobayashi Maru. The thing that inspired the famous unwinable test seen in Wrath of Khan and Star Trek. The only problem is how they manage to survive... it'd have to be something pretty special.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Rennick
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: What would you have done?

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
The rescue (or attempted rescue) of the "real" ECS Kobayashi Maru. The thing that inspired the famous unwinable test seen in Wrath of Khan and Star Trek. The only problem is how they manage to survive... it'd have to be something pretty special.
I had never thought of that -- that is genius.

You've got my head in a buzz, trying to come up different ideas for how that could have happened.
Rennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 09:03 PM   #6
Mister Spock
Lieutenant
 
Mister Spock's Avatar
 
Location: North London, England
Re: What would you have done?

I liked the idea of bringing Commander Shran aboard Enterprise full time.
Mister Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 09:35 PM   #7
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: What would you have done?

^ Agreed. That would actually have happened, if the show had made it to a fifth season. I always wondered what role Shran would have fulfilled. Leader of the ship's MACOS, maybe?
__________________
In labor news: Longshoremen walked off the piers today. Rescue operations are continuing.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 09:58 PM   #8
Mage
Commodore
 
Mage's Avatar
 
Re: What would you have done?

Rennick wrote: View Post
If Enterprise did the Romulan War, then how many ships would like be employed?

Would they only be NX class ships?

I like to imagine the scenario with four or so NX class ships, along with a joint Vulcan-Andorian fleet.

Having fewer ships, in my opinion, adds a nice level of direness to the situation, which makes the eventual victory all the sweeter.

Interesting thought really....
It's always called the Earth-Romulan War, but Earth had only a handfull of actual starship by then, according to ENT. So how could they fight of fleets of Romulans? With the help of the Coalition according to ENT. But, it wouldn't really be the Earth-Romulan War then, would it? More like the Coalition-Romulan War.
__________________
Niner. Lurker. Browncoat.
Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 10:01 PM   #9
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: What would you have done?

Die Hard in a restaurant.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 10:04 PM   #10
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: What would you have done?

Mage wrote: View Post
Rennick wrote: View Post
If Enterprise did the Romulan War, then how many ships would like be employed?

Would they only be NX class ships?

I like to imagine the scenario with four or so NX class ships, along with a joint Vulcan-Andorian fleet.

Having fewer ships, in my opinion, adds a nice level of direness to the situation, which makes the eventual victory all the sweeter.

Interesting thought really....
It's always called the Earth-Romulan War, but Earth had only a handfull of actual starship by then, according to ENT. So how could they fight of fleets of Romulans? With the help of the Coalition according to ENT. But, it wouldn't really be the Earth-Romulan War then, would it? More like the Coalition-Romulan War.
Earth had lots of ships that could go Warp one and they had a staggering amount of ships that were sub light. The Closer the Romulans got to earth the more Earthican Forces it would have to deal with.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2013, 11:34 PM   #11
2takesfrakes
Commodore
 
2takesfrakes's Avatar
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: What would you have done?

What I would have done is bring back the FUN of The Original Series.
__________________
― I see only The Gold.™
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2013, 12:18 AM   #12
Rennick
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: What would you have done?

This sounds insignificant, but I would like to see them flesh out the role of Commodore more.

I've only heard it referenced a couple of times in all of Star Trek, and would like to see the ranks actual function.

Something between a Captain and an Admiral, and has executive powers in times of crisis, able to command a Starship over the Captain, if the situation calls for it?
Rennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2013, 12:22 AM   #13
Rennick
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: What would you have done?

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
^ Agreed. That would actually have happened, if the show had made it to a fifth season. I always wondered what role Shran would have fulfilled. Leader of the ship's MACOS, maybe?
Leading the MACOs seems likely.

I can't see him sharing any duties with Reed.
Rennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2013, 12:39 AM   #14
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: What would you have done?

The M.A.C.O.'s at some point would have been difficultly assimilated into Starfleet.

If they weren't assimilated, then the Romulans got in a lucky shot and killed almost all of M.A.C.O.s in one shot, and it seemed daunting to rebuild them from nothing... Or they could have defected?

Where did they go?
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2013, 03:25 AM   #15
Bad Thoughts
Fleet Captain
 
Location: Disguised as Reb Bad Thoughts
Re: What would you have done?

I would have had difficulty working with Shran becoming Archers underling. His experience and knowledge was too great. Otoh I could see him as a strategic attache or special envoy. What I would like to see is the formation of a coalition fleet which would include Shran.

I might still call it an Earth-Romulus war if the primary theater were around earth space and other powers were inconsistent in their support. Indeed it seemed that the Romulans had become aware that Earth was the primary threat to their plans.
Bad Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.