RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,675
Posts: 5,429,743
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 559
Newest member: voyagerman49


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 2 2013, 11:11 PM   #46
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

^^
Honestly, the story mentioned in the post above was as bad as "Fury". It wouldn't have made any difference. Maybe it "helped" to put some ideas in Braga's and Fuller's heads when they decided to show the finger to the Kes fans.

personally, I've never understood why some people want character destruction. I mean, I thought liking a show was about liking the characters as well.

My "Coming Home" story would have been a great two-parter for season 6, much better than the insulting, character-destroying crap called "Fury".
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at a new location soon!
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 11:18 PM   #47
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

You want happy!?

Every year since the Gift, Kes shows up late on December 24th, in full Santa regalia, to stuff the children on Voyager's stockings with presents.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 11:36 PM   #48
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

No it has to be elf regalia. Neelix can be Santa.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 05:35 AM   #49
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

And Harry can be Mr. Hanky.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 06:02 AM   #50
jibrilmudo
Lieutenant Junior Grade
 
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?
Absolutely. Make Neelix go insane after 1 person too many insults his cooking and have him plot something. Poison the crew, pilot the ship into a star. Etc.

Have Kes arrive in a fury to kill the fleabag Kes preserved and the most annoying member of the crew gone.

(Kes was way too nice to be just crapped on like that.)
jibrilmudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 08:15 AM   #51
teacake
Admiral
 
teacake's Avatar
 
Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

I think she should have just exploded in a corridor, blown out a substantial part of the ship. The survivors manage to limp to the nearest habitable world and that's the rest of the series because the ship is not fixable. Our crew become.. World builders. Federation starters. Starfleet ambassadors. But first the Captain must sacrifice some hair for the campfire.
__________________

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 08:26 AM   #52
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Latent Image should have been about how Kes died.

Harry: It was so sad when Kes died.

Doctor: Idiot! Kes didn't die, she turned into a magic cloud and flew away. It was triumphant!

Harry: Yes, cloud, that's right, she turned into a cloud. Sorry, I forgot, a cloud. That's exactly what happened and no one would suspect or could prove otherwise. A cloud.

(I had this conversation in real life about the end of the movie Powder. A girlfriend of mine thought Powder committed suicide at the end which was sad, and I had to explain that he didn't die, he became one with the universe which was happy. Yes it's unfortunately true that I can't source high quality girlfriends.)
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 12:02 PM   #53
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
You want happy!?

Every year since the Gift, Kes shows up late on December 24th, in full Santa regalia, to stuff the children on Voyager's stockings with presents.


Well, why not? Maybe I'll write a special Christmas story about it.
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at a new location soon!
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 02:11 AM   #54
Bad Atom
Commodore
 
Bad Atom's Avatar
 
Location: Ohio
View Bad Atom's Twitter Profile
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Lynx wrote: View Post
^^
Honestly, the story mentioned in the post above was as bad as "Fury". It wouldn't have made any difference. Maybe it "helped" to put some ideas in Braga's and Fuller's heads when they decided to show the finger to the Kes fans.

personally, I've never understood why some people want character destruction. I mean, I thought liking a show was about liking the characters as well.

My "Coming Home" story would have been a great two-parter for season 6, much better than the insulting, character-destroying crap called "Fury".
I never got to pitch that idea so the idea for "Fury" came from the staff. I do recall watching the episode and going "hmm, this seems familiar..."
Bad Atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 02:14 AM   #55
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

It's a variation of Endgame and Timeless.

Bitter geriatric travels back in time to do-over past regrets.
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 08:02 PM   #56
Lynx
Rear Admiral
 
Lynx's Avatar
 
Location: Lynx Empire
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Bad Atom wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
^^
Honestly, the story mentioned in the post above was as bad as "Fury". It wouldn't have made any difference. Maybe it "helped" to put some ideas in Braga's and Fuller's heads when they decided to show the finger to the Kes fans.

personally, I've never understood why some people want character destruction. I mean, I thought liking a show was about liking the characters as well.

My "Coming Home" story would have been a great two-parter for season 6, much better than the insulting, character-destroying crap called "Fury".
I never got to pitch that idea so the idea for "Fury" came from the staff. I do recall watching the episode and going "hmm, this seems familiar..."
Then there are only Braga, Fuller and Michael Taylor to blame.

I hope that you don't find me too unfriendly, it isn't my intention to be that way. But I must admit that I'm a bit sensitive to "Fury" and the character destruction in that episode.
__________________
Who'd let that cat in here?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at a new location soon!
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 08:07 PM   #57
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

If the episode was called Furry, it would be about Neelix losing his virginity.

(He's waiting for marriage like good boy.)
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 08:09 PM   #58
R. Star
Rear Admiral
 
R. Star's Avatar
 
Location: Shangri-La
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Neelix admitted he had women before Kes in one of his jealous rampages. "I used to look at women like that!"
__________________
"I was never a Star Trek fan." J.J. Abrams
R. Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 08:29 PM   #59
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral
 
Guy Gardener's Avatar
 
Location: In the lap of squalor I assure you.
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

In the 50s Eye-Rape used to be called "looking".

(Of course now I'm just thinking about that time on the Guild when Feleica Day skull fucked Will Wheaton.)
__________________
"Glitter is the herpes of arts and craft."

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5 2013, 03:00 AM   #60
Bad Atom
Commodore
 
Bad Atom's Avatar
 
Location: Ohio
View Bad Atom's Twitter Profile
Re: Could Fury have worked with a rewrite?

Lynx wrote: View Post
Bad Atom wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
^^
Honestly, the story mentioned in the post above was as bad as "Fury". It wouldn't have made any difference. Maybe it "helped" to put some ideas in Braga's and Fuller's heads when they decided to show the finger to the Kes fans.

personally, I've never understood why some people want character destruction. I mean, I thought liking a show was about liking the characters as well.

My "Coming Home" story would have been a great two-parter for season 6, much better than the insulting, character-destroying crap called "Fury".
I never got to pitch that idea so the idea for "Fury" came from the staff. I do recall watching the episode and going "hmm, this seems familiar..."
Then there are only Braga, Fuller and Michael Taylor to blame.

I hope that you don't find me too unfriendly, it isn't my intention to be that way. But I must admit that I'm a bit sensitive to "Fury" and the character destruction in that episode.
Not at all. I've always liked Kes, and I was surprised how badly she was handled in the episode. Even Jennifer Lien didn't seem into the story, she had no motivation, nothing to play. Better to pretend it didn't happen.
Bad Atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
kes

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.