TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old May 9 2014, 06:02 PM   #31
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Re: ''The Holiest Thing'' (Star Trek Phase 2)

Phase II do not, as far as I'm aware, own the German mirror site.
Old May 9 2014, 06:13 PM   #32
Froissart
Ensign

Well USS Intrepid you may be right they may not own the site but they are a "direct affiliate" .
Froissart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 06:18 PM   #33
USS Intrepid
Commodore

And your point is? The site is not, to the best of my knowledge, managed by or owned by Phase II.
Old May 9 2014, 06:26 PM   #34
Froissart
Ensign

Sir my point is they dont need to own the site to make $$$ from it.http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/makemoney.shtml
Old May 9 2014, 06:45 PM   #35
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

So what? This strikes me as a conversation you could bring up with Phase II themselves and not here. We're all spectators, really. What's the point you're trying to make, ultimately? Why do you care?
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 06:56 PM   #36
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Froissart wrote: View Post
Sir my point is they dont need to own the site to make $$$ from it.http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/makemoney.shtml
That's what I thought. So basically your point is to imply impropriety on their part. Which I think is very, very unfair.
Old May 9 2014, 07:00 PM   #37
mos6507
Captain

I think it's natural to compare and contrast what's happening in camp Phase II vs. camp Continues and what you see is Continues churning out new episodes like clockwork and Phase II looking disorganized. So it's probably not fair to assume that anyone doing a show like this must run into false-starts and delays. Continues is obviously doing something better than Phase II. For whatever flaws Vic may have on an interpersonal level (and I know some people here love to beat that drum) he seems to be a better producer who is able to get the right people to work for him and get things in the can.
Old May 9 2014, 07:09 PM   #38
Froissart
Ensign

Ok first off i just want to say im sorry if i offended anyone but if you read my posts i did say many times" i could be wrong" .really not trying to make a point it was just a theory, a possible reason for the hush hush about the delay,but whats surprises me is i expected some logical reasons why i am wrong or why i could be right not anger at my idea,this is a trek forum i figured everyone here would be above that.Again im NOT saying anyone is doing anything......Tis just a theory
Old May 9 2014, 07:16 PM   #39
USS Intrepid
Commodore

As I said, I can understand the disappointment. I don't understand why it's necessary to make malicious speculations. These sort of 'theories' basically just stir up trouble for people. If you have a concern about what Phase II is doing, I strongly suggest you address it to the people working on Phase II. It's a more constructive and less hurtful approach.

Anger? Not at all, just reasonable concern about the message you're sending with your theories.
Old May 9 2014, 07:29 PM   #40
Froissart
Ensign

Can you not hear what your saying.(Anger? Not at all, just reasonable concern about the message you're sending with your theories.)So what your saying is if you dont like my theories i should keep them to myself?Im not here to start anything i just hate a mystery and well Phase 2 left me with one.Sir i respect everyones ideas and opinions,but this is how you solve a mystery with ideas and theories.
Old May 9 2014, 07:45 PM   #41
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Actually I'm being quite polite with you. As I said, if you have concerns, I'd suggest the wisest course of action is to address it to the people in question, not start malicious rumours on a discussion board. That has nothing to do with my likes or dislikes, and everything to do with common courtesy.

As others have pointed out already, there is no mystery, there is no conspiracy, and there is no money. Now relax, and go watch something else while you wait.
Old May 9 2014, 07:49 PM   #42
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

I have no contact with Phase II, but I am going to reply to a few things here:
1) They are moving their sets. When doing other things, their website is often neglected and goes down. It also happens during shoots.
2) They almost closed down a few years ago because they are strict about making not even expenses and were broke. I personally begged that the seek donations before they closed, and that seems to have worked. Nobody who works in Phase II is a multi-millionaire who easily can lay out thousands.
3) They are in a remote area. It's actually a few hours drive from either Albany, NY to the south or from Montreal, Canada to the north. The area is truly rural bordering on wilderness. They lose power from time to time, too.
4) They posted a rather complete explanation about the delay about The Holiest Thing on Facebook. In essence, they had a problem in the original transfer which put them back to square one. There is going to be a long delay.

All the above is not recent OR it's not personal stuff I got, only stuff I read.

Finally, a personal note. I realize some of you are atheists, and most faiths don't consider speculating nasty things to be a sin, but mine does. It's called (translating) 'speaking evil'... most gossip falls under this roof. I don't believe what you say is true, but you wouldn't be writing it if you weren't hoping people would think badly of Phase II. If you had another reason, you'd have addressed your comments to them. As far as I'm concerned, you have the RIGHT to speak evil, but it's a sin.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 08:06 PM   #43
Froissart
Ensign

Ideas and theories do not = rumours People who come in here and dont take the time to read the entire post and twist my words and spread it around thats rumours.No mystery..almost 2 months of no info to me is a mystery.Im sorry if my way of thinking is not the same as yours.Patience , tolerance , understanding and acceptance is what makes humanity great.The world would be a much better place if this was practiced more.
Old May 9 2014, 08:15 PM   #44
USS Intrepid
Commodore

You're not posting theories you're posting wild speculation, despite the fact that people have actually answered your questions and pointed out that you are mistaken. You may not think that's harmful or hurtful to the people working on Phase II, but as someone who has worked with these people, I am telling you it is.

I have been extremely patient, tolerant and polite with you. So you may wish to turn that mirror on yourself. And on that note I will bid you a good day.
Old May 9 2014, 08:31 PM   #45
Froissart
Ensign

Sir to let you know i have spent 23 years taking facts and coming up with as many ideas as i can with them,it my job its what i do,i didnt mean to hurt anyone and i did state how great i think Phase 2 and crew are.Now with that aside there is 1 fact for sure that came from this,that the people at Newvoyages.de are making money form the hard work of the phase 2 team.Maybe someone should pass this info along.