Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old April 27 2014, 11:53 PM   #16
Potemkin_Prod
Commodore

Re: ''The Holiest Thing'' (Star Trek Phase 2)

Bixby, it was the version shown in Michigan, and it was shown Saturday night at 5:30pm. It was also on the schedule for today, but we left before that showing.
http://www.projectpotemkin.com
Potemkin_Prod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2014, 07:17 AM   #17
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

I missed the TrekTrax showing, sadly. But a gentleman who I'm told appears in the episode was there in full costume and make-up... and he looked AMAZING! (No spoilers- but I'm looking forward to seeing him onscreen!)
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5 2014, 07:35 PM   #18
DCR
Lieutenant Commander

I just saw on Facebook that the release has been delayed due to the move and the June shoot for Mindsifter. No news on when they will be finishing Holiest Thing.
DCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6 2014, 12:17 AM   #19
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer

DCR wrote: View Post
I just saw on Facebook that the release has been delayed due to the move and the June shoot for Mindsifter. No news on when they will be finishing Holiest Thing.
Yes, no real changes since I posted early last month: "The Holiest Thing" bumped back while we finish moving into our new studio facility and then shoot "Mind-Sifter" in mid-June.

More info here:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showpost.php?...47&postcount=8
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 03:25 PM   #20
Froissart
Ensign

Im a little upset with Phase 2 atm,i love their shows and i think they do a great job but with the delay of the new episode and the lack of info they put out was a little much,for me its been hitting their site everyday trying to get more info and i bet others have been doing the same,i do realize that the more hits they get on their site the more money they make.(and they know this aswell)It would have been nice if they gave us all the info upfront and then ask for us to hit their site to help them make money for the show i would hit it 50 times a day for them...just be honest about it.There is no reason why the update that was just released a few days ago coundnt be released months ago,instead we got next to nothing....but if they said here is whats wrong,this is how long its going to take oh and ya we are in the middle of a move so it going to be awhile for a new update, thne we would know whats going on and not have to keep checking their site every day for an update...yup sry folks just my rant of the day..
Froissart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 03:28 PM   #21
USS Intrepid
Commodore

Y'know I remember people saying the same about Exeter not that long ago. Sometimes there's just nothing else to say.
Old May 9 2014, 03:37 PM   #22
Froissart
Ensign

I agree that some times there is nothing more to say,,,but in this case there was,and i understand the delays and its not the delay that bugs me it was just the info that they gave us...they knew they were moving,they have an idea how long it will take to fix the episode itself,so why not tell us upfront on day 1 ..sry fans but its going to be a few months.the post that they had at first to explain the issue left the impression that it may be a few days or a few weeks...not months.
Old May 9 2014, 04:03 PM   #23
USS Intrepid
Commodore

At the time, they may have thought that was the case. I can understand the disappointment, I really can, but I don't believe anyone's trying to mislead people, or withhold information.
Old May 9 2014, 04:16 PM   #24
Froissart
Ensign

Well Intrepid i really hope your right and im wrong because i love what they gave us and look forward to many more.I do really appreciate what Phase 2 and all the others have done for us trek fans would just hate to see it turn into a money grab.

Nemo me impune lacessit
Old May 9 2014, 04:27 PM   #25
USS Intrepid
Commodore

There's no money to grab.
Old May 9 2014, 04:31 PM   #26
PattyW
Commander

Send a message via AIM to PattyW

Froissart wrote: View Post
for me its been hitting their site everyday trying to get more info and i bet others have been doing the same,i do realize that the more hits they get on their site the more money they make.(and they know this aswell)
I'm thinking you don't really grasp the "fanfilms can make no money" aspect....
Old May 9 2014, 04:42 PM   #27
MikeH92467
Vice Admiral

View MikeH92467's Twitter Profile

andriech wrote: View Post
for me its been hitting their site everyday trying to get more info and i bet others have been doing the same,i do realize that the more hits they get on their site the more money they make.(and they know this aswell)
I'm thinking you don't really grasp the "fanfilms can make no money" aspect....
Whatever else anyone wants to say about them they are not "moneygrabbers". That's a thought you can safely put to rest.
MikeH92467 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 04:43 PM   #28
Pingfaaaaarrrrgh
Admiral

Im a little upset with Phase 2 atm,i love their shows and i think they do a great job but with the delay of the new episode and the lack of info they put out was a little much,for me its been hitting their site everyday trying to get more info and i bet others have been doing the same,i do realize that the more hits they get on their site the more money they make.(and they know this aswell)It would have been nice if they gave us all the info upfront and then ask for us to hit their site to help them make money for the show i would hit it 50 times a day for them...just be honest about it.There is no reason why the update that was just released a few days ago coundnt be released months ago,instead we got next to nothing....but if they said here is whats wrong,this is how long its going to take oh and ya we are in the middle of a move so it going to be awhile for a new update, thne we would know whats going on and not have to keep checking their site every day for an update...yup sry folks just my rant of the day..
There's no ad banners on their website, so who do you think is paying Phase II every time somebody visits it?
Old May 9 2014, 05:17 PM   #29
Froissart
Ensign

Well sir i do understand that fanfilms "can make no money" but i also understand that there is more then 1 way to skin a tribble.For example http://www.startrekphase2.de/en/ this site is owned by Phase 2 i would guess because they use the name and i see adverts on this site,now i could be wrong because i really DONT know much about it, but adverts on a site = revenue??This my help http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/makemoney.shtml

Oh and im not saying anyone is money grabbing i did say "i would hate to see this turn into a money grab"
i also dont mean to bash Phase 2 i love their work and im a huge fan,this was just a few observations i made that made me think "Hmmmm this COULD be a reason".
Old May 9 2014, 05:51 PM   #30
doubleohfive
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to doubleohfive

Personally, I find it much more frustrating that the Phase II message board has been "down for maintenance" and that the site is "currently offline."

Not really sure what's going on with all that, as it's been like this since Monday. More frustrating is the lack of any kind of acknowlegement when I asked about it on the Phase II Facebook page. I don't expect people to respond immediately, but the continued silence has been curious, to say the least.

EDIT: Never mind. It appears they did reply this morning, citing stability issues and further complications from their overall move.
doubleohfive is offline   Reply With Quote