Red Shirt Diaries Returns Next Month
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

ISS Astronaut May Join Trek Fan Film

Quinto Sports New Trek Uniform

Star Trek: Renegades Released Early
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old April 2 2014, 09:39 PM   #166
Nociod
Fleet Captain

Re: The Blacklist

I love how they keep showing actors from the Wire

Too bad they all die though (or about to die). "Senator Clay Davis" as the terminal ill assassin they stopped, "lieutenant Daniels" the mantracker with the cowboy hat that Tom killed, and "Wee-Bey" that got killed by that Japanese guy a couple of episodes ago. Those are the three I've noticed, wonder if there's any more
Nociod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3 2014, 12:24 PM   #167
Mr Light
Admiral

View Mr Light's Twitter Profile

This show is really growing on me. It went from an idle curiosity to something I actually look forward to. And now that we know the husband is evil it's really interesting. I just feel like this burning fascination has a very short shelf date, though. Once the husband is officially and exposed and outed, presumably in the end of the season, where does the show go from there? What could possibly top that on a personal level for the main character?
Old April 3 2014, 04:20 PM   #168
sojourner
Admiral

She could grow a brain and realize that Red is her dad. Seriously, "what relation are you to me?", just makes her look the idiot.
Old April 3 2014, 04:27 PM   #169
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
She could grow a brain and realize that Red is her dad. Seriously, "what relation are you to me?", just makes her look the idiot.
To be fair, she did ask him earlier in the season if he was her dad and he told her no. But, the fact that he took a 39458 second pause before saying no should clue her in that he may not have been telling the truth. And the fact that he probably wouldn't tell her the truth anyway.

Maybe she still thinks he's just an old friend of her dad's. Who knows what she's thinking. She refused to believe her husband was lying to her even though she found all his passports and guns.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 12:04 AM   #170
Aldo
Admiral

I really enjoyed this episode. I've been saying all along that during the course of this show Red is going to pull Liz further and further into the grey area. I was actually kind of hoping Liz would be around when Red killed her "brother-in-Law." She was around when he jumped, but that wasn't quite the same. I also enjoy the cat and mouse game she's now playing with Tom, she knows he's not who he says he is, and he suspects she may know he's not who he says he is, so it will be interesting watching them try to get the other one to flinch.

The Blacklister part of the episode was as interesting as they've always been, but I found Liz's investigation into who her husband is much more fascinating.
Old April 4 2014, 02:47 AM   #171
Mr Light
Admiral

View Mr Light's Twitter Profile

I hope Red isn't her father. It's so obvious. I think it's more complicated than that. We know that he had a daughter who was brutally murdered and that her father was his friend. I think he just imprinted on her to replace his lost daughter.
Old April 4 2014, 04:46 AM   #172
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I wonder if Red is responsible for her biological parents' deaths; maybe that's why he was so close to her adoptive father? He felt some sort of guilt or responsibility for her?

Or maybe he just lied and really is her dad.
Old April 4 2014, 06:12 AM   #173
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Jim is 54.

Meg is 30.

15 year old Red has a child, and that child has Liz at 15.

It's not easy, but Red could be her grandfather if Red is older than Jim, and Meg is younger than Liz.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 06:38 AM   #174
Aragorn
Admiral

auntiehill wrote: View Post
I wonder if Red is responsible for her biological parents' deaths; maybe that's why he was so close to her adoptive father? He felt some sort of guilt or responsibility for her?

Or maybe he just lied and really is her dad.
I want her biological father to be No. 1 on Red's blacklist. That would be the most interesting direction, in my opinion.

Not sure why the FBI never got a DNA test done after Red specifically asked to work with a young unknown FBI agent who is just starting her new job within the agency who also happens to be adopted.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4 2014, 08:16 AM   #175
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Because they need a warrant or his permission, or they're facing jail time.

Old April 4 2014, 01:55 PM   #176
Photoman15
Fleet Captain

They don't need a warrant or permission unless they plan on using the information in court. If they just did it for their own information, hey are not going to jail.
Old April 5 2014, 02:11 AM   #177
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

In which case they would need a private lab or a black budget with fake case numbers so that an audit on the lab doesn't get some one in hot water down the road.

Seeing the stink about Touch DNA, I can see criminals farming (dandruf maybe? A mob run hair salon?) DNA to spray over crime scenes before they, leave. Hell maybe homeless people can sell a layer of skin every couple months to pay for their drinking?

Old April 23 2014, 05:42 PM   #178
Nociod
Fleet Captain

Wow... Elizabeth sure takes incompetence to a new level... Just wow...

I liked that Reddington knew how incompetent she was, and made sure someone was there to follow him.

"I'm one of the good guys", haha. Wouldn't be too surprises if the show came up with a character arc that shows that Tom is really a good guy, but I don't buy it. His actions speak otherwise, no matter how they might try to justify them
Nociod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 05:45 PM   #179
Tom Hendricks
King of the Wicker People

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile

You know the picture from the safety deposit box is of Red smothering her father.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23 2014, 06:39 PM   #180
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^I would imagine so, yes, or something very similar to that.

Any WHY, for fuck's sake, would you break someone's thumb when you have them in handcuffs? If you want to torture them, go for the toes. At least then they wouldn't be able to run away.

And it's really getting on my nerves how, whenever there's some powerful, deadly enemy, they send two FBI agents after them to go charging in. TWO. There's never any backup, at least not until the very last scene for the big shoot-out. Even an idiot like me knows that law enforcement doesn't send just one or two people in after a gang or a terrorist group. But it happens every episode. It just makes them look so incompetent.