RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,568
Posts: 5,514,276
Members: 25,148
Currently online: 409
Newest member: Brian R.W.

TrekToday headlines

Two New Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Dec 26

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 2 2013, 05:05 PM   #1
tmosler
Lieutenant Commander
 
Ideas for star trek 3

so there's a long wait till star trek 3 comes out and I was thinking of some ideas for the next movie. I think the film should open with a federation ship being destroyed by the Klingons begaing the war which was hinted in into darkness. Also I think that the enterprise should be already on its 5 year mission deep in space and they are beaming down to a planet only to find the race the organians have been wiped out by a new unknown enemy. Lastly I think the new villains should be original and maybe they could force the Klingons and the federation to work together to stop them. so please post your ideas for star trek 3 below.
tmosler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 06:11 PM   #2
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

Time travel to an altered-21st century where Khan won the Eugenics Wars and they have to take out a starship commander who introduced 23rd century tech and helped turn the tide towards a victory by the supermen.

Phaser fights in the streets of India. Khan's daughter as a freedom fighter trying to help Kirk and Spock acquire the materials to fix the Enterprise and make things right. Carol Marcus and Science Officer 0718 on a suicide mission.

Kirk vs. Khan: This time it's on Khan's turf.
__________________
"...the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is I do not know." - Lt. Commander Data, "Where Silence Has Lease"
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 06:43 PM   #3
GameOn
Lieutenant Commander
 
GameOn's Avatar
 
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

After the events of Into Darkness I'm in favour of a complete reboot of the franchise again but I know that's not going to happen. The last thing they should be do is anything that calls back to the original series or movies, they really need to do something new that stands on its own.
GameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 06:45 PM   #4
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

GameOn wrote: View Post
After the events of Into Darkness I'm in favour of a complete reboot of the franchise again but I know that's not going to happen. The last thing they should be do is anything that calls back to the original series or movies, they really need to do something new that stands on its own.
One of the fun things about doing a reboot is getting a new spin on the classics.
__________________
"...the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is I do not know." - Lt. Commander Data, "Where Silence Has Lease"
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 06:56 PM   #5
F. King Daniel
Admiral
 
F. King Daniel's Avatar
 
Location: King Daniel Into Darkness
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

I'd like to see the Borg given a big budget re-imagining. No more Uncle Fester make-up and rubber costumes, but CG used to replace body parts with steampunk-ish machinery. Perhaps the Federation is caught in the middle of an epic Klingon/Borg war?

BillJ wrote: View Post
GameOn wrote: View Post
After the events of Into Darkness I'm in favour of a complete reboot of the franchise again but I know that's not going to happen. The last thing they should be do is anything that calls back to the original series or movies, they really need to do something new that stands on its own.
One of the fun things about doing a reboot is getting a new spin on the classics.
Yep - just look at Man of Steel, which going by the "Into Darkness is a Wrath of Khan rip-off" mentality is pretty much a rip-off of Superman I and II.

Being Trek's 50th anniversary, callbacks are a guarantee.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3
F. King Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 06:58 PM   #6
Harbinger
Lieutenant Commander
 
Harbinger's Avatar
 
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

I want something that involves the theme of exploration and discovery. For example, having them across a new, but potentially threatening alien species. Make that species non-humanoid. Or, as I've stated in a thread I made earlier, have the Iconians involved. Lots of mystery along with the usual action. I know some people might say movies can't handle exploration and mystery, but that's not true. While it is Star Trek, take a que from Indiana Jones. Trek movies like TMP and FF (the latter, if done right) are good examples.

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
I'd like to see the Borg given a big budget re-imagining. No more Uncle Fester make-up and rubber costumes, but CG used to replace body parts with steampunk-ish machinery. Perhaps the Federation is caught in the middle of an epic Klingon/Borg war?
I really would not want the Borg again but if they did go that route, they could add some really cool varieties such as mech type Borgs, robotic drones that levitate, large armored Borg, etc. Keep the idea of the Borg but like you said, get rid of that Cenobite type of look.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Ovation
Vice Admiral
 
Location: La Belle Province or The Green Mountain State (depends on the day of the week)
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

I would like another "mid-mission" opening, like the Nibiru opening, and have that be the "nod" to the original series. Pick an original episode that has a reasonably action-filled ending, put a bit of twist on it for the new universe and them move on to something else. That something else should involve a self-contained threat or challenge--to the Enterprise and crew and not require a return to Earth. Other than that, I leave it to the professionals (and given I've thoroughly enjoyed what the current team has given me so far, I have few worries about what they're planning next).
Ovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 07:15 PM   #8
F. King Daniel
Admiral
 
F. King Daniel's Avatar
 
Location: King Daniel Into Darkness
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

I wish Into Darkness had a TOS-style ending, showing stills of the crew's 5-year-mission adventures while the credits played. They could have re-created loads of classic scenes with a few twists.
Harbinger wrote: View Post
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
I'd like to see the Borg given a big budget re-imagining. No more Uncle Fester make-up and rubber costumes, but CG used to replace body parts with steampunk-ish machinery. Perhaps the Federation is caught in the middle of an epic Klingon/Borg war?
I really would not want the Borg again but if they did go that route, they could add some really cool varieties such as mech type Borgs, robotic drones that levitate, large armored Borg, etc. Keep the idea of the Borg but like you said, get rid of that Cenobite type of look.
Yes, definitely. William Shatner's novel The Return had several nonhumanoid varieties of Borg.
__________________
Star Trek Imponderables, fun mashups of Trek's biggest continuity errors! Ep1, Ep2 and Ep3

Last edited by M'Sharak; November 2 2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: replaced missing quote tag
F. King Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 07:21 PM   #9
BigKrampus
Rear Admiral
 
BigKrampus's Avatar
 
Location: No matter where you go, there's BigJake.
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

My predictions:

- There will be an early subplot in which it has been discovered that Khan's blood eventually turns you evil, and in which Spock must risk everything and break regulations to save his best friend from himself.
- As Kirk is getting his blood changed, the Enterprise returns to Earth for his court-martial, and upon arrival discovers that some kind of mysterious subspace interference has stopped transwarp beaming from working everywhere in the galaxy.
- It all turns out to be part of a plot by the Klingons, who have built a huge warship that is on its way to attack Earth. All of Starfleet's other ships will either be elsewhere or will get blown up by the Klingon threat, leaving Kirk and his crew to save the day.
- BONUS Spock/Uhura Relationship Moment: We get a touching pre-battle interlude where they sort of do that Vulcan hand-sex thing.
- After a desperate space battle and a final act with Kirk and Spock in hand-to-batleth combat on the Golden Gate Bridge with the sinister Koloth (played by... Michael Jai White?), Enterprise will save the day and in a grand medal ceremony, Kirk will be cleared of all charges from that subplot at the beginning of the film and promoted to Admiral. But he'll turn down the promotion, because it's at the helm of the Enterprise that he can make a difference.

You heard it here first, folks.
__________________
Weasels rip BigJake's flesh!
"I wanna read more" - Dennis "I . . . agree with everything you said" - SPCTRE "I blame Cracked" - J. Allen "Take me off" - The Stig

Last edited by BigKrampus; November 2 2013 at 07:34 PM.
BigKrampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2 2013, 07:24 PM   #10
sonak
Vice Admiral
 
Location: in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

I'd like to see a quieter Star Trek movie where the stakes aren't about Earth, with the action toned down a little.

Something more like TSFS or Star Trek Insurrection, without Insurrection's crappiness dragging it down.
__________________
"why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?"
sonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 10:10 AM   #11
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

The next movie should open with the climax of The Omega Glory...guaranteed big box office!










































JK!
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 01:05 PM   #12
captainkirk
Commander
 
captainkirk's Avatar
 
Location: South Africa
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

tmosler wrote: View Post
so there's a long wait till star trek 3 comes out and I was thinking of some ideas for the next movie. I think the film should open with a federation ship being destroyed by the Klingons begaing the war which was hinted in into darkness. Also I think that the enterprise should be already on its 5 year mission deep in space and they are beaming down to a planet only to find the race the organians have been wiped out by a new unknown enemy. Lastly I think the new villains should be original and maybe they could force the Klingons and the federation to work together to stop them. so please post your ideas for star trek 3 below.
I had an idea of the prologue being the final battle of the Klingon war which they establish happens between movies. After Kirk wins the war they go on to some completely different story involving exploration.
__________________
My Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/adrparkinson
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2013, 01:22 PM   #13
iguana_tonante
Admiral
 
iguana_tonante's Avatar
 
Location: Italy, EU
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
I wish Into Darkness had a TOS-style ending, showing stills of the crew's 5-year-mission adventures while the credits played. They could have re-created loads of classic scenes with a few twists.
That would be fantastic.
__________________
Scientist. Gentleman. Teacher. Fighter. Lover. Father.
iguana_tonante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 12:26 AM   #14
Hythlodeus
Commander
 
Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

the movie should reflect the Arab Spring on one of the UFPs founder planets like Andoria and should deal with the question how the Federation reacts to a political climate change within
Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4 2013, 02:24 AM   #15
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.
 
M'Sharak's Avatar
 
Location: Terra Inlandia
Re: Ideas for star trek 3

Hythlodeus wrote: View Post
the movie should reflect the Arab Spring on one of the UFPs founder planets like Andoria and should deal with the question how the Federation reacts to a political climate change within
♪ Springtime
for Shran on
Andoria

Warmer
than last year,
you say? ♫
__________________
The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but
that the lightning ain't distributed right.
— Mark Twain
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.