Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old October 17 2013, 07:02 PM   #46
Shane Houston
Commander

View Shane Houston's Twitter Profile
Re: James Cawley returns to NV as Kirk!

wtriker1701 wrote: View Post
I'm with Maurice on this. Being a stage actor myself I'd assume, Mr. Cawley knows how to handle a live audience. Of course, there's almost never a boo amongst them - more some kind of less applause. The negative critics voice themselves afterwards - or in advance - through the media, as always. So nothing new there for each of us.

I would ask you, Mr. Cawley, or better, urge you to do YOUR thing. If you wish to have fun with your friends during shooting days - and in a role YOU defined for NV/P2 - why should you listen to ANYONE? Do it, have fun, we'll watch! Don't let your dreams or wishes be destroyed by one or two negative voices out here, in the forum djungle? You KNOW, 99% of your viewers like or LOVE what you do for us. So - be it!

And why there even is a discussion about about "Competition" looses me completely. IDIC on fan film levels. Some like it, some don't. That there have been made mistakes regarding getting along with each other is something that has happened before, might happen again in the future - that's human nature!

When there's a forum, there'll always be a troll!

Do it, James! You're not done playing Captain Kirk, yet! I believe in you as you should believe in your dream!

Greetings from Platjenwerbe, Germany!
Per Krutke
Well said.
"I excel at following the important ones." Admiral Kathryn Janeway answering Counselor Cambridge's questioning her whether she excels at following orders. Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by New York Times Bestselling authorKirsten "Mother F**ng" Beyer
Shane Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 11:17 PM   #47
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

andriech wrote: View Post
He's decided against doing this episode now.

Thanks.
Since James himself was angered by the thread even being here in the first place, thank yourself.
Old October 18 2013, 01:12 AM   #48
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

Melakon wrote: View Post
andriech wrote: View Post
He's decided against doing this episode now.

Thanks.
Since James himself was angered by the thread even being here in the first place, thank yourself.
Bingo.
—Glen Larson, 2010
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 01:59 AM   #49
Boo! Did I Scare Ya?
Admiral

I too had a look at this thread because of the title and like others, I would like to see Mr. Cawley reprise the Kirk role. There is certainly more than enough room for more stories and having a little fun isn't a bad thing, either.
Boo! Did I Scare Ya? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 04:25 AM   #50
PattyW
Commander

Send a message via AIM to PattyW

Melakon wrote: View Post
Judging from the OP's signature, I suspect James is now looking for a new assistant.
NOPE!
Old October 18 2013, 06:20 AM   #51
Shane Houston
Commander

View Shane Houston's Twitter Profile

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but this thread has turned into an episode of The Real Housewives Of Trek BBS. Geesh. I don't understand why Star Trek fans get so nasty with each other all the time.
"I excel at following the important ones." Admiral Kathryn Janeway answering Counselor Cambridge's questioning her whether she excels at following orders. Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by New York Times Bestselling authorKirsten "Mother F**ng" Beyer
Shane Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 07:14 AM   #52
JT Perfecthair
Lieutenant

I'd be happy to hear he was returning to the roll full time, but just a special would be great too! Nothing against the new guy, I just liked Cawley's way of playing the character.
JT Perfecthair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 07:17 AM   #53
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

Charmed One wrote: View Post
I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but this thread has turned into an episode of The Real Housewives Of Trek BBS. Geesh. I don't understand why Star Trek fans get so nasty with each other all the time.
The Real Housewives of Trek BBS? First laugh I had today. I have never watched any of those 'Real Housewives' programs (I couldn't stand Desperate Housewives although I tried to watch it for a while). So I have no idea how good the comparison was, but the comment was still funny.
Barbreader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 02:42 PM   #54
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom

The thread itself shouldn't be a problem, should it? Just the animosity...
Peach Wookiee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 06:08 PM   #55
JT Perfecthair
Lieutenant

I imagine there were similar outcries when people who had become used to whoever their favorite Sherlock Homes, Dr Who, Tarzan, or James Bond was found one day they had been replaced by "another". Eventually enough people will have played Kirk that Shatner and Cawley will be names on a list, hopefully with the effort and passion remembered without the vitriol.
JT Perfecthair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 06:38 PM   #56
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

Public and critical reaction to George Lazenby as Bond after Connery was relentless.
Old October 19 2013, 05:57 PM   #57
Zeppster
Commodore

Smoked Salmon wrote: View Post
jamesmc wrote: View Post
First off, this thread should not even be here. But, since it is about me I will add my two cents. Me doing this role one more time is about me getting to share some time with some cherished friends and nothing more. There is no drive or competition between myself and anyone else. As to what anyone else is doing with their, time, money and talents, I don't give a s#%T! I have had my fill of this type of thing on Trek boards. Sniping at others for doing something they like to do is just plain RIDICULOUS! AND PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED.
If it's just for your own enjoyment, why bother releasing it to an audience?
I think I'll quote a Rush song that is apt here.

Well, I know they've always told you
Selfishness was wrong
Yet it was for me, not you, I
Came to write this song

In an art form like this particularly when James and company aren't really allowed to make money off of it. There has to be passion about it to do something like this. These are fan productions. If James wants to play the role more in various ways, let him. Or if he wants to play another role in the fan series he more or less created, who are we to complain? I respect whatever decision James makes in this type of stuff. If he changed his mind, fine, but don't let idiots here dictate that.