TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 20 2014, 02:21 PM   #376
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Re: Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

Christopher wrote: View Post
Actually Feige sounds like he's not entirely sure about the rights to Kingpin. He says either they have him or they share him, but he also says he's not 100% sure, so I'm not sure how reliable that is.
Just to followup on this, Kevin Feige was asked about ROM and had an answer (no, they don't have the rights to ROM). He phrased it in the same way of "I think there's a legal issue," but the fact that he even had an answer shows he's not really speculating. He is hedging with his answers, no doubt, but he seems to have a good idea about all of the Marvel universe.
Old April 20 2014, 08:52 PM   #377
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

I have to imagine that any characters used in the Daredevil and Elektra movies would have reverted back to Marvel along with DD and Elektra themselves, but I don't pretend to understand the byzantine legal issues involved.
Old April 20 2014, 09:43 PM   #378
JD
Admiral

Any idea when we should start getting solid casting/character information about Daredevil and the other Netflix series? If they are being released next year, I would think they would need to get started soon.
Old April 20 2014, 10:11 PM   #379
Alidar Jarok

What'd they say, start in June or July? I'd imagine pretty soon - the next month or two.
Old April 21 2014, 01:24 AM   #380
AvBaur
Captain

View AvBaur's Twitter Profile

Maybe at Comic-Con?
Old April 21 2014, 03:07 AM   #381
Alidar Jarok

Maybe they'd present them then, but it'd be hard for rumors to not start flying well before that point. At comicon, you almost certainly want them on stage, which would be difficult to do secretly.
Old April 29 2014, 03:44 AM   #382
Alidar Jarok

According to this, the scripts are already coming in. Therefore, my window to influence Daredevil is closing rapidly (not that it was very wide to begin with). So, more for fun than anything else, he’s my ideas for a Daredevil season. It's not entirely complete, mostly because of a lack of creativity but also because I’m not sure if characters like The Owl, Typhoid Mary, etc. should be in this season. At least with Mary, it needs more time to truly handle it.

As I said before, my idea is to use Frank Miller’s The Man Without Fear series as inspiration for a set of flashbacks that’ll tie into the main episodes thematically. I think flashbacks elsewhere, combined with new material, will help make up for any shortcomings. Here goes. I’ve thought about the titles for the first two episodes. After that, I have a couple ripped straight from the comics, but not many.

Last edited by Alidar Jarok; April 29 2014 at 04:07 AM.
Alidar Jarok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2014, 06:46 AM   #383
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Daredevil's current writer in the comics, Mark Waid, says that he will be involved on some level with the Daredevil show.
Old May 20 2014, 11:21 AM   #384
Alidar Jarok

Interesting. That makes me wonder what tone it'll set. Joe Quesada was also involved in Daredevil, iirc, so that's two right there.

BTW, I'm trying to read more Daredevil comics (while also trying to minimize cost spent). Does anyone know if the Ann Nocenti run is worth it? So far, I've mostly read Miller, but I also read Bendis's Daredevil Hardcore (I have mixed feelings about it, truth be told).
Old May 20 2014, 11:24 AM   #385
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Nocenti's run had it's good points, but it's largely between mediocre and just OK.
Old May 20 2014, 02:03 PM   #386
Christopher
Writer

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Daredevil's current writer in the comics, Mark Waid, says that he will be involved on some level with the Daredevil show.
Good. I like Waid's approach to DD.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2014, 09:12 PM   #387
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Just to followup on this, Kevin Feige was asked about ROM and had an answer (no, they don't have the rights to ROM). He phrased it in the same way of "I think there's a legal issue," but the fact that he even had an answer shows he's not really speculating.
ROM? Talk about optimistic questions.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 05:02 AM   #388
JD
Admiral

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Cool. I've heard nothing but good things about Waid's DD.
Old May 21 2014, 02:41 PM   #389
Marsden
Captain

I would like to see Moon Knight or The Shroud, plus Shroud knows Heroes for Hire in the books, so there's that.

I will have to subscribe to netflix for these.

You're not allowed to record things from netflix, are you? I don't know, I still have a VCR, so I'm really behind on the tech.
We've taken care of everything, the words you hear the songs you sing, the pictures that give pleasure to your eyes. It's one for all and all for one, we work together common sons, never need to wonder how or why.
Marsden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2014, 03:09 PM   #390
Christopher
Writer

You can't record things from Netflix, but you can rewatch them anytime you want, as long as they remain available and your subscription remains active.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote