Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 16 2013, 06:12 PM   #16
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

Big Boo wrote: View Post
^Ok, Punisher would not have taken that long to destroy that group. I saw Tom Jane's Punisher but I don't remember that scene (or Ron Perlman being in it). Was that a promo or something?
Thomas Jane basically made this as a labour of love, it was filmed after Punisher War Zone, by which time he'd been replaced by Ray Stevenson. It was made for conventions and the web for a bit of fun.
Old October 16 2013, 09:16 PM   #17
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Taking his time talking them apart like that was kinda the point. He was *punishing* them.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 09:17 PM   #18
MNM
Captain

Reverend wrote: View Post
Anyone remember the NYX comic mini series?
I do, and the only good thing in it was X-23.
MNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16 2013, 11:02 PM   #19
Pauln6
Commodore

I'd be more than happy if Captain America made it to the small screen even without the movie cast. It worked for Stargate. The special effects need be no fancier than on Agents of SHIELD and there are a host of low-powered heroic characters from the comics who would fit in just fine (Falcon, Nomad, Demolition Man, Sharon, Diamondback, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Red Skull & the Skeleton Crew, the Serpent Society etc). A four issue series while Cap takes on the Serpent Society could be great fun! As long as their snakey costumes are based on the proper snake's skins instead of primary colours...

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 12:15 AM   #20
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Jax wrote: View Post
The way Agents of Shield's ratings are dropping then I think Marvel may want to rethink this idea.
I know the drop from one to two, but what's the drop been since then?
Old October 17 2013, 01:27 AM   #21
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

^I don't know about last night's ratings, but last week beat NCIS in the most desired demographics.
Old October 17 2013, 04:35 AM   #22
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

NCIS beat SHIELD in the 18-49 demo this week

http://tvline.com/2013/10/16/ratings...-biggest-loser

CBS’ NCIS rebounded this Tuesday, besting Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the coveted 18-49 demo (rising three tenths to a 3.1 rating, per finals) as well as in, of course, total viewers (ticking up to 18.8 million).

ABC’s aforementioned S.H.I.E.L.D. this week did 7.9 mil and a 2.8, down just a tenth in the demo.
Old October 17 2013, 10:06 AM   #23
Freman
Fleet Captain

Cool. I want a Frog-Man show.
Old October 17 2013, 12:22 PM   #24
Reverend
Rear Admiral

MNM wrote: View Post
Anyone remember the NYX comic mini series?
I do, and the only good thing in it was X-23.
The plot was forgettable, but the characters and set-up are I think pretty viable fodder for a TV adaptation and the younger teen demographic may be appealing to the suits. Think a similar approach to how the Walking Dead was adapted. That took the basic premise, some of the key characters and events but just went their own way with it.
Old October 17 2013, 12:47 PM   #25
bbjeg
Rear Admiral

Taking his time talking them apart like that was kinda the point. He was *punishing* them.
So beating girls is ok but when you hit a kid you get punished?
Old October 17 2013, 01:06 PM   #26
Reverend
Rear Admiral

Big Boo wrote: View Post
So beating girls is ok but when you hit a kid you get punished?
I was talking about the actual fight. Clearly he took so long getting involved because he wasn't sure he wanted to. Ron Perlman's character basically says everything that'd been running through Castle's head upto that point. Indeed, his character couldn't be any more symbolic. I mean come on, he's a guy who has quite literally been paralysed into inaction!
Old November 7 2013, 04:02 PM   #27
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

Looks like there's a deal with Netflix to bring 4 series of at least 13 episodes for multiple years plus a mini-series, and an exclusivity deal for Disney's films starting 2016.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/disn...marvel-series/

The companies call this an “unprecedented deal” and “Marvel’s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.” Disney will provide Neflix with live action series and a miniseries featuring Marvel characters Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. Netflix will offer at least four, 13-episode series over “multiple years” with a miniseries, The Defenders, that they say “reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.” The arrangement grew out of the deal that will give Netflix exclusive rights to Disney films in the premium TV window beginning in 2016. It is “unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel’s brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling,” says Marvel Entertainment President Alan Fine. And Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos calls Marvel “a known and loved brand that travels.” Deadline broke the news last month that Marvel was shopping the package with Netflix, Amazon and WGN America seen as potential candidates.
Old November 7 2013, 04:33 PM   #28
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Looks interesting, if overly ambitious. It shows not only the faith Marvel has in their programming, but in the faith they have in Agent's of SHIELD. I'll probably get a Netflix account again for this. Daredevil is really the only one I care about, but I think the long-format will be better. It's a shame Hell's Kitchen isn't as shitty as it once was (OK, for the people living there, it probably isn't), but the Marvel Universe is slightly different from ours, so that's ok. I think the extra space will let them devote some time to Matt Murdock the attorney as well as Daredevil the character. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can come up with.

ETA: I know next to nothing about the Defenders. A quick wikipedia search says at least Iron Fist and Luke Cage are involved (and Jessica Jones has connections to Luke Cage), so that could work out. Daredevil doesn't seem to have real connections, but I'd have no problem with him joining with them to make this work out. It seems fun and a good way to use these characters. Although it does suggest no real Agents of SHIELD use of these characters (except perhaps in a tie-in/spinoff episode).
Old November 7 2013, 04:33 PM   #29
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

So when will Netflix raise the rates? No way they can continue to keep buying up original programming and movie deals on $8 per subscriber. Still a good deal at twice the price and by 2016 it might be there.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7 2013, 04:39 PM   #30
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

I don't know, you pay less than we do at £6 a month but you can say it's probably over $300m per month they're bringing in and more for every new subscriber these deals bring in.