To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 23 2013, 07:16 AM   #46
Snick27
Captain

Re: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland

Finally got to watch this and starting to warm up to it. Really starting to like Alice cause the first episode didn't do much for me.

Jafar is finally coming off pretty well. Felt he was pretty flat in the first episode along with the Red Queen whom im dieing to find out the back story.
Though hope this gets wrapped up soon though cause it seems the ratings are sinking and i'm the only one that seems to like this show.
Old October 23 2013, 07:20 AM   #47
Snick27
Captain

On ABC, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland earned a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating down 29 percent from a 1.7 for last week’s premiere.

How long before its cancelled?
Old October 23 2013, 10:40 AM   #48
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I've already given up on it. First episode did little for me and the second did even less. Normally I give a show more of a chance, but I honestly can't see this going in a direction I'm likely to find interesting.
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 05:42 AM   #49
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

As soon as I saw the woman in Will Scarlet's bed and they never showed her face I knew she'd turn out to be the future Red Queen.

And the Sarlaac from Star Wars exists in Wonderland.
Old October 25 2013, 06:10 AM   #50
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Snick27 wrote: View Post
On ABC, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland earned a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating down 29 percent from a 1.7 for last week’s premiere.

How long before its cancelled?
Betrayal is doing even worse, but ABC has said that they're not cancelling that show, so I don't personally think this show is going to be cancelled either.

What I think will happen is that it will air its full, already-ordered compliment of episodes but won't be renewed for a second season, which is fine given that it's a complete, standalone story with a built-in beginning, middle, and end and things will have been totally wrapped up by the end of the finale.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 06:20 AM   #51
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Queenie looks better as her alter ego, a twist I didn't see coming because I must be stupid. Jafar needs a mustache he could twirl, he cracks me up with how hammily(is that a word?) he relishes his evil.

What's the episode order, 13? Might has well see it through.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 06:29 AM   #52
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
What's the episode order?
More than 13, but less than 22 (as per this announcement from earlier this year: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/28/on...more-episodes/)

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 03:43 PM   #53
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

A Sarlacc?

Digesting in his belly for a millennium?

Lucas is going to sue.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 05:13 PM   #54
Anwar
Vice Admiral

ABC is owned by Disney, which now also owns Star Wars. It's them showing off their new copyright powers.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 09:50 PM   #55
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

And here I was thinking that I was wrong because Lewis Carol must have invented the Sarlacc first and Lucus stole it off him 30 years ago... So this was just them Jerking off in the safety of their own playpen?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; October 26 2013 at 02:24 AM.
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 11:07 PM   #56
Jolaris
Commander

So... Any guesses to who will play Han Solo, or do we need more of the swashbuckling thieves with hearts of gold? How many are they now, Knaves, Robin and Hook?

To get to the other side of course!
Jolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2013, 11:17 PM   #57
JD
Admiral

Hahaha, Sarlacc! I thought this one was pretty interesting. Even before the Sarlacc putting Star Wars into my head I was getting kind of a Jabba vibe from The Caterpillar. I like finally learning Will/The Knave's backstory. I knew as soon they didn't show the Anastasia's face that she would be The Red Queen. I am curious to see exactly how that transition took place. She apparently already know about Wonderland, so was becoming a Queen the whole reason she wanted to go there?
According to TVLine, Whoopi Goldberg will be voicing Mrs. Rabbit, who will appear in both the present and in flashbacks. I've been wondering if The Red Queen is holding her and/or their kids, if they have any, hostage.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2013, 12:55 AM   #58
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
Hahaha, Sarlacc! I thought this one was pretty interesting. Even before the Sarlacc putting Star Wars into my head I was getting kind of a Jabba vibe from The Caterpillar. I like finally learning Will/The Knave's backstory. I knew as soon they didn't show the Anastasia's face that she would be The Red Queen. I am curious to see exactly how that transition took place. She apparently already know about Wonderland, so was becoming a Queen the whole reason she wanted to go there?
According to TVLine, Whoopi Goldberg will be voicing Mrs. Rabbit, who will appear in both the present and in flashbacks. I've been wondering if The Red Queen is holding her and/or their kids, if they have any, hostage.
Her name is Anastasia, she's probably the rightful heir and last survivor of her murdered family.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2013, 02:51 PM   #59
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Geoff Peterson wrote: View Post
Her name is Anastasia, she's probably the rightful heir and last survivor of her murdered family.
Forced into exile when Cora (The Queen of Hearts) arrived and somehow took over?
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2013, 05:28 PM   #60
FreezeC77
Commodore

Vendikarr wrote: View Post
Geoff Peterson wrote: View Post
Forced into exile when Cora (The Queen of Hearts) arrived and somehow took over?
Maybe because the Anastasia animated movie from the 90s looked so much like a Disney movie in style and plot that Disney actually thinks it was one?

In which case we'd need a Rasputin.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote