Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 23 2014, 02:42 PM   #121
Q2UnME
Commodore

Re: American Horror Story - Coven

Last nights episode was probably the most disturbing, intresting & entertaining episode of this season. The gore, blood and violence would make Quentin Tarantino proud.

Looking forward to next weeks season finally!

Q2

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Q2UnME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2014, 08:53 PM   #122
Janus VI
Captain

Did anyone catch what all the test of the seven wonders entailed? It would be cool if we put together a scorecard to see what characters have already preformed certain wonders.
Janus VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23 2014, 09:46 PM   #123
Q2UnME
Commodore

^ I don't remember them all, but the were shown in the "vintage witch guide/safety video" at the very start of the episode. What I remember (no particular order)

* Moving crap with you mind
* Fire starting mentally
* Spirt (Soul) Travel (heaven/hell and return to one's body)
* Mind Control of another
* Healing ability of others (Dead or Alive) - Life Force Balancing
* Teleportation
* Mind Reading ???? Not sure on this one

I'm sure someone will be able to correct me and provide more detail.

Q2

Old January 23 2014, 10:38 PM   #124
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I wonder if Fiona is really dead. I have a hard time believing that they'd kill of Jessica Lange's character in the penultimate episode. I'd like to see Fiona return and get rid of the young witches who haven't been all that interesting to me except for Misty. Besides I'd like to see Fiona come out on top at the end of the season.
Old January 23 2014, 11:53 PM   #125
Janus VI
Captain

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I wonder if Fiona is really dead.
Dying on this show is a remarkably easy matter, however staying dead is something entirely different and far more difficult to accomplish. I wouldn't put Fiona down for the count just yet–for that matter it wouldn't surprise me if Marie & Delphine made a return from the dead too!

Ok so these I believe are the 7 wonders listed in the episode
Telekinesis
Concilium (controlling another persons will/actions)
Transmutation (like teleportation)
Divination
Vitalis Vitalum (balancing the scales of life and death)
Descensum (traveling to the afterlife and returning)
Pyro-kinesis a witch that preforms this final wonder must set herself aflame and only if she emerges unharmed can she be called Supreme.

now to figure out which witches have done what so far.
Janus VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24 2014, 04:14 AM   #126
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

The writers did say that no one on the show was exempt from being killed off. So I wouldn't be surprised if Fiona is gone. But then again, they brought back Queenie, and some characters were definitely resurrected.
Old January 24 2014, 08:23 PM   #127
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I saw it on my DVR last night ... OK, that was a bloody episode. There was so much mayhem, but at least the scenes weren't completely unsettling.

Now both Marie Laveau and Madam LaLaurie are dead and spending eternity in hell with Papa Legba. I was surprised LaLaurie was able to subdue and butcher Marie that easily (well, with the butler's help from previous episode, of course).

I was pleased to see Cordelia show her inner strength again when her "sight" began to manifest. She's a pushover and one of the weakest characters on the show, but that seemed to change last night, especially when she went to see the Axeman and exposed Fiona for the manipulative user that she was. It was almost sad to see Fiona get axed. Cordie also rescued Misty from the tomb with Queenie's help, though I was surprised Misty Day didn't just use her powers to get out of the coffin by herself!

The "transmutation" power didn't make much sense to me. It was similar to teleportation; why didn't they just call it that? Descencium was obviously an out-of-body experience. This season just seemed to fly by so fast; I'm thrilled for the finale next week.
Old January 26 2014, 04:13 PM   #128
Serial thread killer
Rear Admiral

View Serial thread killer's Twitter Profile

Just because she dead does not mean we will not see her again.
We might see what her version of hell is next week.
Malcolm on Star Wars: "The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin. His father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his sister. Lego. They're all made of fucking lego."
Serial thread killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 01:52 AM   #129
propita
Rear Admiral

Is it at all possible Cordelia is the next Supreme?

I don't think so, since Fiona was getting weaker and Delia wasn't really showing any increased strength.

Myrtle?

I don't see that, either. Unless the four younguns kill themselves off trying--but then there's no more coven.

That leaves Zoe, Madison, Queenie, and Misty, right?
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 06:10 AM   #130
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Does the Coven even need a supreme at this point? It consists of only six witches, if they want to secure the coven's future they should be more concerned with getting pregnant instead of setting themselves on fire for the supreme test.
Would it be possible for them to merge with another coven and would that coven's supreme become their supreme too, meaning no one will rise after Fiona?

I'm disappointed we never saw another coven or more male witches. They should have made Evan Peters a witch too, he was wasted this season, could have been interesting to see the lone male witch among a bunch of girls, dealing with the fact that he's now stuck at a girl's school (how do you explain that to your jock friends back home? LOL).
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28 2014, 01:00 AM   #131
propita
Rear Admiral

Aside from the one male witch we saw (great character actor, btw), was there a mention of any others? Do male witches have to be gay?
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 06:18 AM   #132
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Season Finale airs tonight ...

As for the male witches, they should be referred to as warlocks rather than wizards. Wizard sounds too Hogwarts, imho.
Old January 30 2014, 09:03 AM   #133
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

The season finale didn't quite wrap up with a bang, but I notice that's always been the case with AHS. There's the usual denouement, foregoing any suspense or twist ending, and all's well that ends well.

Cordelia, with encouragement and support from Myrtle, became the coven's Supreme, having passed all of the seven trials. She finally opened the doors of the academy for all the world to see and to welcome young witches. I didn't really picture her character to be Fiona's successor because she was portrayed as weak willed. So I was rooting for Misty Day, who failed her Descentium trial and died in the process. Madison was just an insufferable bitch until the very end, and her death at the hands of Kyle didn't elicit any sympathy. Zoe was brought back to life, but she didn't have what it took to really assume leadership, and neither did Queenie.

Fiona returned to the academy in such a fragile state, only to die there, and finally ended up in her version of hell with the Axeman.

To me, one of the show's strongest characters has been Myrtle Snow, and Frances Conroy deserves an Emmy for her performance. She was Delia's surrogate mother and guiding light, and she even made the final sacrifice to let Delia fulfill her duty as a Supreme.

Season Finale Rating: B-
Overall Season Rating: A-
Old January 30 2014, 10:48 AM   #134
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Ugh, Misty got a bad ending...poor girl. She was my favorite young witch and this made me sad. Everyone else got what they deserved though.
Old January 30 2014, 02:20 PM   #135
Q2UnME
Commodore

^ I agree, Misty's character was the most endearing. Her version of hell fit her character, she was about healing and not killing. For Misty to be stuck in biology class forever disecting a live frog and then healing it, over and over is truely hell for her.

As for the rest, the final episode was pretty "meh" for me. Didn't really have the "big punch" I was hoping for.

Q2