Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 22 2013, 07:02 PM   #91
Sto-Vo-Kory
Commander

Re: American Horror Story - Coven

^I had no idea he was real. That letter they reprint at the link is creepy as hell.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 07:46 PM   #92
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

It's a testament to the acting of Kathy Bates that I felt sorry for her being betrayed by Queenie and being turned over to Angela Bassett's character to be tortured. She's a horribly despicable person but I still felt for her. Still she's so was so vile she does deserve a little payback.
Old November 22 2013, 08:11 PM   #93
Galileo7
Fleet Captain

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
It's a testament to the acting of Kathy Bates that I felt sorry for her being betrayed by Queenie and being turned over to Angela Bassett's character to be tortured. She's a horribly despicable person but I still felt for her. Still she's so was so vile she does deserve a little payback.
Agree on all thoughts.
Galileo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2013, 08:15 PM   #94
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Sto-Vo-Kory wrote: View Post
Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
So what the hell is the Axeman? He said he's been watching over Fiona since she was a young girl. So that means there's something supernatural about him, and he's just too damned irresistible for Fiona.
My take on Axeman is that he was a serial killer that was killed by the coven in 1919(?) and has since been a ghost in the coven house. I think this ties into the first season idea that if you die in a house, the house becomes a prison for your ghost. After the girls tapped into his presence with the ouija board and promised him release, magical mumbo jumbo with the witches somehow cast him into a physical form.

And he certainly has been watching Fiona since she was a young girl...as a ghost voyeur that lends a hand on occasion, like him pushing the shelf over on the bully girl. Being irresistible to Fiona, I think, comes from him seeing beneath her sharp, manipulative exterior and seeing the woman in private moments and in younger (and in her mind, better) days.

Fiona's arc this season has been all about preserving her power, vitality and appearance -- at all cost. In the Axeman, she's found someone that doesn't judge her, remembers how she looked in her prime, and, most importantly, is just as big a monster as herself. He would be a difficult prospect for her to reject at his point in her life.
Thanks, this makes perfect sense to me now. As mentioned earlier, he was not literally the personification of the devil; he just referred to himself as that. But it didn't occur to me that his spirit was "trapped" at Ms. Robichaux's Academy all those decades until, of course, Zoe released him.
Old December 5 2013, 04:48 AM   #95
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Fringe's Lance Reddick to Raise Hell on American Horror Story
Old December 5 2013, 08:25 AM   #96
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Excellent episode tonight, though I remember reading massive spoilers about it in Entertainment Weekly (e.g., the Sacred Taking, La Laurie's head in a box, etc.).

The opening, including the first 15 minutes, felt like pages from a graphic novel. Queenie walking in a dark alley, Cordelia and her students plotting Fiona's fate, Misty's arrival. The dialogue, the lighting, everything was so catchy. Hmm, maybe it's always been like that.

But anyway, the plan to overthrow the reigning Supreme apparently failed, thanks to Spalding's ghost telling Fiona she had been duped. Jessica Lange deserves another Emmy for this season, said to be her final.
Old December 7 2013, 05:36 PM   #97
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Jessica Lange deserves another Emmy for this season, said to be her final.
She's doing one more season.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...eason-20131022

Great season so far. You can't go wrong with a 2/3 dead threesome, an Ajax enema, and Kathy Bates head in a box.

I'm hoping the final showdown will live up to expectations.
“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2013, 07:30 PM   #98
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

^ Thanks. I just remembered she did say one more season and that's it.

I didn't get the enema scene until the second viewing. I was too distracted by the guy's abs!
Old December 8 2013, 06:54 AM   #99

^ Thanks. I just remembered she did say one more season and that's it.

I didn't get the enema scene until the second viewing. I was too distracted by the guy's abs!
Heck, even I was distracted...

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
Old December 8 2013, 10:07 AM   #100
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

The Ajax enema made my ass hurt. That dude's mom is a psycho-bitch to the max.
Old December 9 2013, 12:37 AM   #101
Sto-Vo-Kory
Commander

Gryff Gryngle wrote: View Post
Excellent episode tonight, though I remember reading massive spoilers about it in Entertainment Weekly (e.g., the Sacred Taking, La Laurie's head in a box, etc.).
IN Entertainment Weekly? How about spoilers on the cover of EW?

As soon as the box appeared on the front stoop, I knew it was Kathy Bates' head just from seeing the cover of EW and not by reading the article inside. I'm not a super anti-spoiler person but that cover ruined a pretty great surprise ending for this week's episode, IMO.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2013, 02:52 AM   #102
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

^ So you've seen the EW issue too? From what I've read, the cast members seem to have a lot of fun and camaraderie. Like when Kathy Bates interjected at the end, "Help me!" Sara Paulson and Jessica Lange burst out laughing (off-camera, of course). Or when Frances Conroy delivered, "Can you imagine those poor Salem witches, traveling all the way down here in covered wagons without a proper charcuterie platter or bidet? Absolutely savage ...", all the other witches cracked up.

Old December 9 2013, 04:22 AM   #103

I read that article on an airplane last week. Great article but the spoiler kind of bummed me out. I should have known better.

And yes, it sounds like they all have a great time, which is what I would hope.
Old December 9 2013, 04:37 AM   #104
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

In the new issue of EW, they address the "spoiler" controversy. Basically, the editors' response is that, while they were aware that it was spoiler, it was just too great a cover image to resist . . . .
Old December 9 2013, 10:49 PM   #105
propita
Rear Admiral

I figured the decapitation was temporary. She’s still alive and we’ve already seen some unlikely resuscitations. Let’s see, there’s a girl whose throat was slit and was dead for a while, a woman who was burned to a crisp, and a guy who’s been assembled from dead parts from various people. Resuscitating a decapitated but living person seems a cinch.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote