New Star Trek Funko Pop! Vinyl Figures
By: T'Bonz on Nov 26

QMx Mini Phaser Ornament

Stewart as Neo-Nazi Skinhead

Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Welcome to the Trek BBS! > General Trek Discussion

General Trek Discussion Trek TV and cinema subjects not related to any specific series or movie.

Old October 15 2013, 03:02 AM   #151
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Homosexuals and Deltans

Here's a thought: Do the J'naii prohibit romantic love? They have outlawed gender, of course. But can two J'naii love each other anyway, without being ostracized? Somehow I got the inkling that they had done this, but I'm not sure.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 03:40 AM   #152
SpaceLover65
Lieutenant

Solbor's Blood wrote: View Post
Wow! You're a mighty deep thinker. You could out-think me right on the spot any day of the week.
Okay. I just rewatched the episode, Star Trek Phase 2: "Blood and Fire."
You do realize I was talking about the proposed TV series which was abandoned and replaced by TMP, the series for which Ilia was originally created?
Solbor...I had recently heard about a proposed new Star Trek. You seem to know a lot about it. Including that a Deltan was going to be a principal character. Tell me more about it...What station was it supposed to be on? How did you find out so much about it? Is "TMP" The Motion Picture? Or what? Hope you can help me out. Thanks!
SpaceLover65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 03:41 AM   #153
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

^ Yes, TMP is The Motion Picture.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 03:44 AM   #154
SpaceLover65
Lieutenant

Thanks Steinbrenner. But I'm curious about the series that Solbor was talking about. I've very interested in it. I'd seen rumors...but nothing definite. He seemed to know so much about it.
Old October 15 2013, 03:48 AM   #155
SpaceLover65
Lieutenant

Check out the two hotties!!! LOL

http://www.wolfgnards.com/media/blog...-shirtless.jpg

Last edited by Misfit Toy; October 18 2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Hotlinked image
Old October 15 2013, 04:04 AM   #156
SpaceLover65
Lieutenant

[QUOTE=The Umbrella Corporation;8763511]
teacock wrote: View Post
OR maybe you just want to see more of Travis without his shirt?
If I had to pick between either Travis or Major Malcolm Reed (aka Dominic Keating) I'd HAVE to pick Malcolm. I HAD read that Malcolm was supposed to be the first gay Star Trek character. And I was really let down when it didn't pan out. However, I think Malcolm is hands down sexier than Travis. But that's just my opinion. But everyone has to admit, Malcolm looks good shirtless...and his legs are a bit on the sexy side too! LOL!

http://images.wikia.com/lostinspace/..._shirtless.jpg

Last edited by Misfit Toy; October 18 2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old October 15 2013, 04:20 AM   #157
Bad Thoughts
Fleet Captain

@SpaceLover65: Star Trek: Phase II was the name given to a proposed revival of the original 1960s series. The concept was abandoned, but the work done on the series was parceled out and fertilized future Star Trek Projects, most visibly Star Trek: THe Motion Picture. Among the Phase II concepts were Decker and Ilia (themselves inspirations for Riker and Troi) and many scripts, some of which were reworked into Next Generation episodes. (Others have been filmed by Star Trek:New Voyages/Phas e II fan films.) Memory Alpha has a long article about the show.

My own comment was an extrapolation of how the Ilia character might play out in the long term had it been part of a Phase II series (and not slated to be killed off by V'ger).
Bad Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 04:31 AM   #158
SpaceLover65
Lieutenant

Ok Solbor. I think I NOW understand. You were speaking of the Phase Two Episodes the entire time. So...You're saying that Phase II was actually supposed to be aired? Wow...I didn't know that. Another poster told me that they were just fan-based episodes. I've seen a few of the Phase II and recall that you liked them. I liked a few of them...but many just didn't hold together well. Then there was the fact that they kept switching actors for characters. One of the Spocks was just SO ridiculous looking that it was incredible. Nothing against that actor...but he looked NOTHING even remotely like Spock...even with the black wig and fake ears. The Kirk character wasn't near as handsome as William Shatner was....but they gave him a makeover sometime in between episodes and he was much handsomer. But there were just too many inconsistencies within the show itself...mainly...the actor-change thing. It just became impossible to identify with a character when they were being played by somebody different the next time. Thanks for your info. I really wasn't aware that Phase II was supposed to be a television series. BUT, I recently heard that there was going to be a NEW tv series in the works soon...and it wasn't Phase II.
Old October 15 2013, 04:40 AM   #159
SpaceLover65
Lieutenant

Melakon wrote: View Post
But those are not "canon" examples, they're fan films.
That's what I had assumed too Melakon. But Solbor says that it PHASE II, was actually meant to be a series. Maybe that's why the filming and special effect are better than some of the so called "fan films." So..some of it could actually be considered 'cannon." I don't know...but I bet Solbor could tell us. Solbor seems to have a great deal of knowledge about the entire Star Trek Saga...he would know.

http://images.betterworldbooks.com/0...0671568399.jpg

Last edited by Misfit Toy; October 18 2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old October 15 2013, 06:44 AM   #160
Tiberius
Commodore

George Steinbrenner wrote: View Post
Here's a thought: Do the J'naii prohibit romantic love? They have outlawed gender, of course. But can two J'naii love each other anyway, without being ostracized? Somehow I got the inkling that they had done this, but I'm not sure.
I doubt it. Soren tells Riker that the procreative act is a long process which is very enjoyable for them.
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15 2013, 06:45 AM   #161
Tiberius
Commodore

Star Trek Phase II is a fan series.

There was going to be a "real" Star Trek Phase II series, but that got turned into Star Trek, the Motion Picture. There has never been a canon Star Trek Phase II.
Old October 15 2013, 07:05 AM   #162
SpaceLover65
Lieutenant

I think that I FINALLY understand now. I went to that site that Solbor mentioned above...and was completely overwhelmed by my ignorance. I just didn't know all about Phase II and how long ago it had been planned. That many of it's episodes were used for the Motion Picture as well as Next Generation. Then finally in the 2000's the fan series of Phase II began thanks to James Cawley.

Anyway, I saw a film short in Phase II when Kirk was young and new to the Enterprise. In it I saw a blonde Vulcan laughing. I recall a book I read YEARS ago. It was also based around this same time...and Captain Pike was still commanding, and Spock was onboard as well. However, there was a new character. He was Vulcan and was Spock's cousin. He rejected his Vulcan heritage and purposely showed his emotions. He went by the human name of "Steven" and he had blonde hair, which is extremely rare for Vulcans (as are blue eyes which we see with Stonn). Does anybody know if this blonde Vulcan that I saw was the same character as Steven?
Old October 15 2013, 07:45 AM   #163
Tiberius
Commodore

There was a writer's strike back in the early TNG days, and they had to hurriedly rewrite one of the Phase II scripts to become a TNG episode. That episode is "The Child". Originally, it was going to be Ilia having the baby, and Decker was going to play the part Riker ended up with.

Last edited by Tiberius; October 15 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old October 15 2013, 07:51 AM   #164
Melakon
Vice Admiral

"Devil's Due" is also one of the recycled scripts from Phase II, I believe.
Old October 15 2013, 01:12 PM   #165
Bad Thoughts
Fleet Captain

Tiberius wrote: View Post
Star Trek Phase II is a fan series.

There was going to be a "real" Star Trek Phase II series, but that got turned into Star Trek, the Motion Picture. There has never been a canon Star Trek Phase II.
I'm certainly not claiming the work done on the 1970s Phase II series is canonical. Nonetheless, it is more authoritative than novels. There was a chance that those stories would have been produced. Instead of a film in which Ilia was turned into a piece of bio-machinery, we would have been exposed to numerous episodes in which Ilia's sexuality was a constantly source of personal conflict. On the one hand, the Phase II development ideas, scripts et al, are the only indications about how themes related to Deltans would have developed: they have never been overwritten by future stories in any series. On the other, the scripts and other development material was never given a full vetting, meaning that those materials can only suggest where the production team intended to go with Ilia. It's not perfect, but given we have nothing else to go on with Deltans ...
Bad Thoughts is offline   Reply With Quote