Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 8 2014, 11:45 PM   #421
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

Re: Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

YAY! Crowley can torture people with that POS later.
Old May 9 2014, 12:12 AM   #422
Aragorn
Admiral

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
Aragorn wrote: View Post
In case you haven't heard, Supernatural: Bloodlines didn't make the cut and won't be joining the fall schedule.
Yay. Now I can skip the backdoor pilot episode and pretend that all of this was a very bad dream.
Or Dean and Sam can go back there next season and kill them all.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9 2014, 12:23 AM   #423
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

^Heh. I like that idea.
Old May 9 2014, 09:28 AM   #424
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Better yet, they can do a Men of Letters spinoff instead, and they can go slaughter them all.
Old May 10 2014, 02:46 AM   #425
Snaploud
Admiral

I prefer the idea of Sam and Dean killing them all in one episode. It can end with them getting deep dish pizza.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2014, 02:25 AM   #426
cylkoth
Commodore

I am sooooop tired of Angel War. 5 mins into tonight's finale, and I wanted to bail. I really hate what they've done to Metatron. Seems like they've taken Castiel's doofus juice and put it in MT's coffee. I just want him, and these silly angels gone. Permanently. ASAP. Now...Immediately. Post haste. Please, for the love of the Prophet Chuck, end this snorefest now.
Old May 14 2014, 02:51 AM   #427
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

So I haven't been regularly watching but caught up via binging.

Anyway - what the fuck show? Tessa's a Reaper, not an angel. Servant of and answers to Death and (in this show) an agent in the coolest supernatural hierarchy. What's with them screwing up such a basic fact of the mythos and turning her into a suicidal mook?
Old May 14 2014, 03:22 AM   #428
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

I enjoyed this episode a lot but was a bit confused by the Angel/Reaper thing. Are Reapers a type of angel now? I thought they were their own "species," as it were.
Old May 14 2014, 03:52 AM   #429
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

They are/were, in service to Death. But I can only assume consistency is out the window on the show now, as the Chicago episode clearly demonstrated.
Old May 14 2014, 06:20 AM   #430
SamhainLikeYou
Vice Admiral

Fun episode. Agents Spears and Aguilera, references to Lord of the Rings and The Last Crusade. Priceless!

I guess there's one more episode left. I don't like Dean going Rambo all the time because of the blade and Cain's mark. Then he tried to kill Gadreel who defected to them and who could help them defeat Metatron. Oh, well. It will all work out cuz the good guys always win.
Old May 14 2014, 05:54 PM   #431
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Hopefully Metaron gets ganked next week. Curtis Armstrong was annoying as hell in the final season of The Closer and he's just as annoying here. He actually started off ok but Metatron has been turned into a fool in his last few appearances. He's not a Big Bad but a Big Dumbasfuck.

Reapers were retconned into angels a few seasons ago. I don't think that the guys producing the show now care about continuity all that much.
Old May 14 2014, 06:25 PM   #432
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
But I can only assume consistency is out the window on the show now, as the Chicago episode clearly demonstrated.
Contradicting minor bits of lore is one thing, but this is completely changing a character who's made several appearances. It's just weird.

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Reapers were retconned into angels a few seasons ago. I don't think that the guys producing the show now care about continuity all that much.
They were? I can't find any indication of that... there's been rogue reapers but that's different. Now maybe, maybe they just left out a scene or even a few lines explaining that Tessa's gone rogue and decided to work for "Castiel" on account of all the suffering souls but it sure seemed like they were treating her as just another angel; I don't think the word "reaper" was ever even used.

Though, if you really think about it there's no way Death would allow the natural order to get fucked up this way with people's souls being stuck because of a pissing match between angels so... yeah, continuity out the window I guess.
Old May 14 2014, 07:12 PM   #433
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

^I would love to have Death show up, theme song and all, and reap Metatron. That would be awesome.
Old May 15 2014, 12:45 AM   #434
FreezeC77
Commodore

I'm glad it wasn't just me not understanding the Reaper/Angel thing. I'm watching the episode and when Tessa is mentioned I thought it was weird that a reaper was working with Angels and then when she had the carving into her I was wondering why angel nuke would work with a Reaper.

Looking up Reapers on the supernatural wiki it lists them as a subset of Angel with the citation being *THIS EPISODE* so basically they just threw out everything that previously existed about Reapers and now say they're Angels.

That's the problem with the show running so long and switching off showrunners so often. You get new people in who just want to conform it to their ideas. Happens in comics all the time.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2014, 02:11 AM   #435
Mr Light
Admiral

As someone who watches the show only once without paying close attention... I too was extremely confused by the 'Reapers are Angels' thing as well!

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote