Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 25 2014, 11:39 PM   #256
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Re: Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Skywalker wrote: View Post
I think this means Cain is the second demon ever created, unless there were some people running around outside the Garden of Eden that we don't know about.
Only if we get an 11th season.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 05:38 AM   #257
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

That was a rather disappointing episode. Garth turned out to have been bitten by a werewolf and became a member of a cult of lycanthropes. Garth's "stepmother-in-law" was the villain of the story, and the brothers Winchester hardly lifted a finger to defeat her. More brotherly drama ensued. Stay tuned for next week's episode ...
Old January 30 2014, 05:44 AM   #258
Aragorn
Admiral

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
That was a rather disappointing episode. Garth turned out to have been bitten by a werewolf and became a member of a cult of lycanthropes. Garth's "stepmother-in-law" was the villain of the story, and the brothers Winchester hardly lifted a finger to defeat her. More brotherly drama ensued. Stay tuned for next week's episode ...
You just described half the episodes of Supernatural.

If the Winchesters were such a threat, why wouldn't the monsters ever just kill them straight up? Don't push them against a wall (considering all these creatures can do, pushing humans against the wall is like their go to move), don't tie them up and talk to them for 10 minutes.

Although they should be braindead by now, with all the concussions they've gotten.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 05:53 AM   #259
JD
Admiral

It definitely wasn't one of their best, but it I didn't think it was that bad. I was kind of surprised that they actually left it with Garth still with his new family.
Old January 30 2014, 06:07 AM   #260
Skywalker
Admiral

I thought it was a decent enough episode. I'm still not a fan of the show's take on werewolves (at least not their physical depiction), but I like that they actually fleshed out werewolf, er, society a little bit. And I'm glad it didn't end up that all of Garth's new family were a bunch of psycho Fenris worshipers. To be honest, once the sheriff attacked the guys I was expecting it to turn out that the entire town was populated by werewolves and Sam and Dean would have to fight their way out.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 06:52 AM   #261
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

Meh. It was OK. I was just happy that Garth survived the episode.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 10:41 AM   #262
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Same here. I thought he was a goner and that the other Werewolves would turn out to be killers. I'm still afraid they might go back to it in a future episode and screw it up. Garth should go back to being the new Bobby, because they need somebody in that role. And, at this point, that somebody should be based at Men of Letters HQ.
Old January 30 2014, 10:43 AM   #263
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
It definitely wasn't one of their best, but it I didn't think it was that bad. I was kind of surprised that they actually left it with Garth still with his new family.
I wouldn't be surprised if the next tie we see Garth that they've been killed off. No one seems to get a happy ending with this show.
Old January 31 2014, 02:29 AM   #264
JD
Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Same here. I thought he was a goner and that the other Werewolves would turn out to be killers. I'm still afraid they might go back to it in a future episode and screw it up. Garth should go back to being the new Bobby, because they need somebody in that role. And, at this point, that somebody should be based at Men of Letters HQ.
Yeah, with Kevin dead, they really need to introduce at least one more recurring good guy. Right now it kind of feels like the only actual good guys around for more than one episode are the Winchesters and Castiel. For a couple minutes last week I thought maybe they were doing that Tara, but they appeared to kill her off, and then this week I thought they were bringing Garth back into the fold, but the end made that look unlikely.
Old January 31 2014, 10:25 AM   #265
RJDiogenes

I'd really like to see the MOL HQ become a bustling beehive of activity over the next couple of years. Garth, Charlie, and the kid with the Golem would be good to have around. And they could introduce some new characters who don't die.
Old January 31 2014, 08:17 PM   #266
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

^Heh. The Supernatural Superfriends.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2014, 10:36 AM   #267
RJDiogenes

There you go. Sounds better than Tribes.
Old February 1 2014, 07:59 PM   #268
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

I'd really like to see the MOL HQ become a bustling beehive of activity over the next couple of years. Garth, Charlie, and the kid with the Golem would be good to have around. And they could introduce some new characters who don't die.
That's what I'm hoping they're building towards for the end of the series. The series can end with the deaths of Sam and Dean, but with a fully rebuilt Men of Letters. Throughout the entire series we've seen the horrible and lonely lives that hunters are forced to lead in order to protect the world, but the Winchesters' will leave behind a legacy of a better life for the next generation of hunters.

Of course, if they keep killing off people like Kevin and Tara that's not going to happen.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2 2014, 01:50 AM   #269
JD
Admiral

I like that idea.
Old February 2 2014, 03:08 AM   #270
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

auntiehill wrote: View Post
^Heh. The Supernatural Superfriends.
That's what I thought during the episode. One more team member for The Supernatural Avengers.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote