Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 10 2013, 05:29 AM   #211
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Re: Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Strange, I just went back and listend again, and Metatron is strangely using three syllables. Soon thereafter in the same video, Muriel's name is pronounced the exact same way.

I dunno, maybe Metratron just speaks too quickly and fluidly for you?
Old December 10 2013, 08:00 AM   #212
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I dunno. Maybe we're watching two different versions of the show. I live in California, FWIW.
Old December 23 2013, 06:58 PM   #213
Skywalker
Admiral

At first I thought it was Gadriel, too, but after doing a bit of searching I found this, from Chapter 69 of the Book of Enoch:

And the third was named Gadreel: he it is who showed the children of men all the blows of death, and he led astray Eve, and showed [the weapons of death to the sons of men] the shield and the coat of mail, and the sword for battle, and all the weapons of death to the children of men.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2013, 10:42 AM   #214
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

He seemed a little hung up on the weapons of death. Good research. If he's the third, who were the first two?
Old January 15 2014, 04:31 AM   #215
Snick27
Captain

Welcome back Supernatural as this was a great start to 2nd part of season 9. Loved Crowley and cant wait for next week.
Old January 15 2014, 07:21 AM   #216
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Crap...forgot this was on tonight...have to catch it later...damn.
Old January 15 2014, 08:05 AM   #217
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Snick27 wrote: View Post
Welcome back Supernatural as this was a great start to 2nd part of season 9. Loved Crowley and cant wait for next week.
Aye. Thanks to Crowley for helping to kick Gadreel out of Sam's head (in exchange for Crowley's freedom).

As for Kevin, I still can't believe he's really gone.
Old January 15 2014, 05:38 PM   #218
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral

I enjoyed that episode--loved Crowley, of course--and I liked how it ended between the brothers; really couldn't happen any other way.
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2014, 04:27 AM   #219
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Also enjoyed the episode, glad the whole Sam possession thing is behind us, I didn't want this to drag out the entire season. Interesting bit of dual possession inside Sam. Cool seeing that.

Got some more answers about why God possibly left, he was so upset at Gadriel, he left. That was a long time ago, so wow. If that's the reason of course, but that's what Castiel said.

Crowley doesn't seem so evil anymore, in fact, it looks like they are setting him up to be on the good team, at least, as long as it suits his interests. (watch the preview for next episode) He obviously will want to get rid of Abadon, so while the boys and him share that goal, he'll help help. After that, will be interesting.

I love the "Three Amigos" Dean, Crowley and Castiel

Poor Kevin, I also can't believe they actually killed him, and apparently Metatron "flipped a switch" in heaven, so no more prophets

So Dean is on a mission, kill Gadriel. I have a feeling Gadriel will end up turning on Metatron though. We will see.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16 2014, 10:35 AM   #220
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Even though they haven't mentioned that "purge" from last season in a while, there still seems to be a definite change in Crowley. I don't think that will prevent Abbadon from getting her ass kicked, though.

Cass's intense anger toward Gadreel was interesting, as was the revelation that he was the reason God left. I was a bit disappointed that Gadreel killed his old friend. With that, he crosses the line from manipulated Simple Simon to evil punk who has to die.
Old January 17 2014, 01:10 AM   #221
Snaploud
Admiral

I enjoyed this episode. Crowley may be rivaling Castiel as the show's best side-kick for Dean.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 05:07 AM   #222
Sto-Vo-Kory
Commander

I wonder if we'll be getting alternating teams on episodes for the near future: Dean/Crowley one week, Castiel/Sam the next. Play with the character dynamics a bit.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 05:57 AM   #223
JD
Admiral

This was a good one. Of course Crowley was fun like always, and I was glad to see them already resolving the Sam possession storyline. I do agree with the other people who liked learning more about Gadreel, apparently that is how you spell it, I've seen it like that in a couple different places now. I'm curious to see exactly where they are taking his storyline. I do agree with RJDiogenes that he did kind of cross from well intentioned but kind of misguided to a full on bad guy now. I still could see him possibly turning on Metatron before the end though.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 06:51 AM   #224
Skywalker
Admiral

Sto-Vo-Kory wrote: View Post
I wonder if we'll be getting alternating teams on episodes for the near future: Dean/Crowley one week, Castiel/Sam the next. Play with the character dynamics a bit.
That's actually a really good idea, and something I'd like to see happen. We don't really get a lot of Sam and Castiel interacting alone, usually it's Dean and Castiel.

But I don't think it'll happen, or if it does, not for very long. The fanbase gets cranky if TPTB mess with their Dean & Sam too much.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18 2014, 07:06 AM   #225
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I expect to see Kevin again.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote