Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This was a really good episode. With the introduction of Cain, along with the revelation that Gadreel was responsible for letting the serpent into Eden, I wonder if they will be exploring the mythology of the Old Testament in greater detail. Perhaps we'll meet Abel, or Adam and Eve. They might be planting the seeds for the return of God in the series finale.

Funny you should say that. I was thinking along those lines back around season two, but then things seemed to change when they started getting extra seasons.

2. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They've already met Eve. And killed her.

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^That was a different Eve. She was the Mother of All Monsters, so Eve to them but not the "Garden of Eden" Eve.

4. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Who says they're not the same person?

5. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How does Lilith fit into all of this? "Lilith is a white-eyed demon who was at one point human. She is the first demon to ever be created, her soul having been twisted by Lucifer as an act of spite against God after he was expelled from Heaven."

So whom was first Lilith or Cain?

6. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Adam boning two women in Paradise at some point? I don't remember my Bible stories. Since the brothers were Adam and Eve's children, I would say Lilith was created first.

7. RJDiogenes

According to myth, Lilith was Adam's first wife, so she came long before Cain and Abel. Abel was the first murderer, at least according to Supernatural lore.

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I think you meant to say Cain was the first murderer, not Abel. ;)

I thought this was a great episode. I love how they've really been digging deep into Judeo-Christian lore these past couple of seasons. It's been a nice callback to the first few seasons after Season Six and Seven's "we need bigger and badder enemies!" feel. I can't wait to see where this is all leading. And yeah, I also noticed the way they've turned both of the brothers around. Fantastic stuff.

As for Lilith, I'm pretty sure it was stated in the show that she was the original demon. Lilith was Adam's first wife, created together with Adam rather than from Adam like Eve was. I think this means Cain is the second demon ever created, unless there were some people running around outside the Garden of Eden that we don't know about.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I loved when Crowley crossed himself and Dean reacts: "Now? Really?"

10. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great episode.

Bummed that Tara won't be a recurring character. I loved the knee twinge whenever demons were around and her taste in comics (Locke & Key!!).

What a phenomenal version of Cain. An interesting take on the story that also mirrors the Winchester brothers. Reminds me of how Sam and Dean reflected Michael and Lucifer in earlier seasons.

11. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

All demons in Supernatural are created, just with the assumption that it's done in Hell with lots and lots of torture and other evilness (Dean was well on the way to becoming one before Castiel rescued him). Since it was Lucifer who turned Lilith into a demon, she was probably the first "real" demon.

This differs from Cain who was transformed by God himself as punishment for what he did. There was no middle-man in the process; he was simply flat-out cursed. Sort of like Lucifer himself (who, technically, should be the first demon if anyone is).

That, or they just meant he was the first Knight of Hell rather than the first demon. I 'unno. I just know I really like Cain. :)

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

These last couple of episodes have been really strong. I was really interested in Cain's story and the actor was quite good too. And I always love it when they work alongside Crowley.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

They have to be careful not to defang Crowley too much though I can't blame them for wanting to go to that well too often.

Yeah, I liked that character as brief as it was and wouldn't have minded seeing her again. I was thinking they were maybe building up another of Sam and Dean's occasional female help but alas not to be.

14. RJDiogenes

^^ Well, we didn't see a body.

Indeed I did. Oops. :rommie:

15. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Those would of been the Aliens and cavemen lol.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Only if we get an 11th season.

17. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a rather disappointing episode. Garth turned out to have been bitten by a werewolf and became a member of a cult of lycanthropes. Garth's "stepmother-in-law" was the villain of the story, and the brothers Winchester hardly lifted a finger to defeat her. More brotherly drama ensued. Stay tuned for next week's episode ...

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You just described half the episodes of Supernatural. :p

If the Winchesters were such a threat, why wouldn't the monsters ever just kill them straight up? Don't push them against a wall (considering all these creatures can do, pushing humans against the wall is like their go to move), don't tie them up and talk to them for 10 minutes.

Although they should be braindead by now, with all the concussions they've gotten. :lol:

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It definitely wasn't one of their best, but it I didn't think it was that bad. I was kind of surprised that they actually left it with Garth still with his new family.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a decent enough episode. I'm still not a fan of the show's take on werewolves (at least not their physical depiction), but I like that they actually fleshed out werewolf, er, society a little bit. And I'm glad it didn't end up that all of Garth's new family were a bunch of psycho Fenris worshipers. To be honest, once the sheriff attacked the guys I was expecting it to turn out that the entire town was populated by werewolves and Sam and Dean would have to fight their way out.