Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 18 2014, 01:24 PM   #1201
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
I never realized "who" the actress playing Amanda was until I saw her name in the credits. NAEVIA! Three people from Spartacus ended up on Arrow this season, Slade Wilson, Nyssa heir to the Demon & Amanda Waller.

Maybe we'll see Asher as ARGUS/Amanda's nemesis in season 3.
He was on Believe this season playing a scummy assassin (shocking!), but it got cancelled, so he's free.

I was bummed that Slade and Amanda never got a scene together, just so they could have a little reunion.
Its funny, it must be how they "shoot" Arrow but Amanda seems so tall, imposing while Naevia seemed so small that to be imposing she needed a sword half her size.

The reverse is true for Katrina Law. She seemed taller in Spartacus than in Arrow.

As for Manu... putting him into a suit made him look dapper but you had no doubt that Crixus could tear him apart. But put him in his deathstroke (minus mask) outfit and you realized this was a big guy, so stay on your side of the street!

Last edited by JanewayRulz!; May 18 2014 at 06:02 PM.
JanewayRulz! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2014, 02:02 PM   #1202
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Timelord Victorious wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
Glad that whole Oliver/Felicity thing was a fake-out. I was so ready to call bullshit on that. No way could he have fallen for Smoke. I mean there has to be at least *one* female character he hasn't slept with who isn't his mother or sister, right?
He hasn't slept with Amanda Waller (that we know of) and Diggle's wife.
I suspect he has slept with Amanda.
Old May 18 2014, 09:03 PM   #1203
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She did it to control him.

He did it because his penis ordered him to.

Pretty standard really.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2014, 11:25 PM   #1204
Gaith
Rear Admiral

I'd like to see Ollie end up with Felicity, but it's gotta be earned, and he's gotta retire from crime-fighting in the process. Also, I'd like it if the series ended with him doing both those things. I didn't give a damn whether Bruce Wayne lived or retired or died in TDKR, because Nolan never made me care for him as a character, but I do like ol Ollie Q.

Now, can the gang get a dang dog already?!
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2014, 11:47 PM   #1205
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

No, because they'll name him Quiver.

Old May 19 2014, 02:31 AM   #1206
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Felicity deserves a German Shepherd, dammit! Especially since Digg's fatherly duties will reduce his ability to guard over her.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2014, 02:51 AM   #1207
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Felicity and Diggle are now unemployed?

Diggle's baby is going to need a nanny who is also a trained CIA assassin, before mum and dad feel like going to work.

Of course, it is now that I am wondering if Oliver has been on ARGUS's payroll the whole time, not that they have been giving him missions, but he is probably on contingency so that means that there's a numbered bank account somewhere collecting massive monthly cheques.

Old May 19 2014, 11:42 AM   #1208
Alidar Jarok

Both are far more employable than Oliver, I would think. Although I'm a little confused because he still seems to be majority owner in a company whose stock just rose.
Old June 1 2014, 10:45 PM   #1209
Mage
Commodore

Very enjoyable season finale. Glad we rid of Isabelle. I like Summer Glau, even though she isn't a stellar actrice. But in Arrow, she just got on my nerves.

Some good closures, some good openings for season 3. I liked how things became full circle and Slade is basicly marooned on the island again. Glad he's still alive though, because I really love Deathstroke.

Oliver/Felicity..... I don't ship, I never got the point. But I can see the attraction for both of them, why they could love eachother. Thing is, I think Ollie just isn't capable of actual love anymore. Him and Sara.... It was both a blowoff valve for both, and a reminder of things they were once capable off, and maybe one day could again. But not with eachother. It was a way of feeling alive during a time when they couldn't find something like that with anyone else.

Det. Lance.... Can't wait to see what might happen there. Is Lance part of the comics? Does he have something in his future that I, as a non-comic reader might not know?

As for Ollie and ARGUS.... I don't think Ollie was part of ARGUS all along. I think that for whatever reason they took him off the island, it ultimatly didn't work and they marooned him there again. Perhaps even in the very same jail they left Slade in, and that's how Ollie knew about it. I also somehow can't shake the feeling that Ollie ending up on the island wasn't a coincidence in the first place and that his father might have something to do with ARGUS.

Sara.... I need Sara back. I can't stand Laurel. At first, I thought it was the actress, but my girlfriend is into Supernatural and swears the actress was so much better in that show. So it's probably just a very poorly written character. Here's to hoping they do something more with her in season 3, something actually interesting.

Speaking of.... I like Thea, I really do. And I can understand how and why she felt betrayed by everyone for the last 6 episodes or so. But right now, I need some more development for her as well. So again, hoping they do something interesting with her for season 3.

All in all, for a series that I thought was going to suck quite a lot, Arrow has proven to be one of the most entertaining shows I've seen in a while, with characters I really like and a plot that makes me want more. I really hope season 3 will keep me hooked as much I have been sofar, because serialised TV has gone down the drain in the last few years.
Old June 1 2014, 11:09 PM   #1210
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Mage wrote: View Post

Det. Lance.... Can't wait to see what might happen there. Is Lance part of the comics? Does he have something in his future that I, as a non-comic reader might not know?
Not directly but the first time he was arrested, his full name was given as Quentin Lawrence Lance and it was suggested in here that it could be a reference to the character "Larry Lance" who appears in the comics.

Just taking a quick look at wiki entry for the series and it says that Lance is based on the comic book character.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2014, 12:33 AM   #1211
Caretaker
Commodore

View Caretaker's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Caretaker Send a message via AIM to Caretaker

Timelord Victorious wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
How long was he on the island?

3 or 4 months is generous.

4 and a half years to sleep with Amanda Waller.
I think he mentioned being a year there to Sarah sometime during season 2. Could be wrong, though.

That would mean, time on the island passes more or less in real time (unlike that other show )
I remember him saying a year sometimes in the first few episodes of the season, but thought it had been in the context of him having been on the island for a year by that point in the flashbacks. That never sit right for me because it certainly didn't feel like he had been on the island for year when the Amazo showed up.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2014, 02:19 AM   #1212
Alidar Jarok

I think there was a potential pause after Fyers was defeated, but I could be wrong. That being said, I got the impression of six months, not a year. Although, if the plan is a five season show, it would make sense to do a year on the island per season.
Old June 2 2014, 02:35 AM   #1213
Agent Richard07
Retired

I wonder what they'll do after season 5 when they can't use island flashbacks anymore.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2 2014, 02:49 AM   #1214
Alidar Jarok

Don't they have a planned end date? If not, I'm sure they'll slow down the pace of flashbacks to spread it out.
Old June 2 2014, 03:15 AM   #1215
Fist McStrongpunch
Rear Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
I wonder what they'll do after season 5 when they can't use island flashbacks anymore.
Flashforwards to the future where he's got a full-on goatee and a Robin Hood hat and is a member of the Justice League with Superman and Batman.