Shatner Starts New Website
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Rumor Mill: Star Trek III Title
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Siddig: Getting And Playing The Role Of Martell
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Mulgrew: Why Born With Teeth
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old October 24 2013, 02:42 AM   #106
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

I didn't realize this show was so kinky. Tubes of white liquid being forced into tied women's mouths turning them into dolls, oh my....
Mr. Adventure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 02:58 AM   #107
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

Strong episode overall: the A plot was engaging, they moved the prison stuff along nicely, Roy and the Canary were handled well (Ra's!!), and the comic Easter eggs were substantial (Metamorpho Chemical, attorneys Tony Daniel & Jean Loring, Canary & Sin holed up in a clock tower, and -- strangest of all -- Ollie sailing away on the good ship AMAZO?!?).

It's also worth noting that the island segments were beautifully shot, particularly the mountaintop scenes. Now if they could just do something about all those Canadian evergreens conflicting with their tropical vista.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 03:34 AM   #108
sojourner
Admiral

An island off the coast of China is not a tropical vista.

Good episode, tho I found the buddy cop bit between Lance and Arrow (ooo, good name for a comic book!) odd.

The name dropping was well done. I did cringe at the first site of the interior of the clock tower, it flashed me back to Smallville.

Interesting that they seemed to be setting up Slade for burn scars. My memory of him from the comics was only minimal scarring and the missing eye.
Old October 24 2013, 03:45 AM   #109
Agent Richard07
Admiral

That's an awfully big island.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 05:08 AM   #110
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Moira's attorney looked like Janet from Three's Company. Was that Joyce DeWitt?

In the past season, Laurel worked with the archer while her father hunted him down. Then the role was reversed. I'm glad Laurel came to her senses and realized her hatred for Ollie was misplaced.

So Black Canary used to work for Ra's and is now doing a solo gig as a vigilante.
Old October 24 2013, 05:49 AM   #111
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Have they mentioned Lance's middle name was Larry before? In the comics Larry Lance quit the force and be came a PI. I wonder if Quentin will do the same?
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 06:38 AM   #112
cylkoth
Commodore

Avada Kedavra wrote: View Post
Moira's attorney looked like Janet from Three's Company. Was that Joyce DeWitt?
Wrong Janet. That was Stargate SG-1's Dr Janet Fraizer, aka Teryl Rothery.
Old October 24 2013, 06:49 AM   #113
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Great episode. Loved the Ra's name drop. Hopefully, it's a sign the DCW will dive deeper into the mythos than shows of the past did.

Which brings up another point I've been thinking about: with the success SHIELD is having, I'm hoping the folks over at WB will get with the program soon.

Throw Arrow and all future DCW shows, the Batman/Superman films, and Gotham Central all into the same universe. Aside from being the most conceptually sound way to approach a future live-action DCU, it also solves all the logistical problems that come up whenever live action and Justice League gets mentioned in the same sentence.

There may have been arguments of doing something like that, but with Arrow as popular as it's becoming, and SHIELD paving the road, it kind of seems like a no-brainier now.

There doesn't after to much much (if any) real cross-over. Obviously, they're not going to get Affleck on the show, but someone like Rick Schiff would not be too hard to bring on for a few appearances.

Transversely, if they continue on with a Ra's storyline, I'm sure there are plenty of guys they could get on the show with enough name recognition to carry to film.

Scaredface wrote: View Post
- I find it odd that they have Felicity working as Ollie's assistant as well as the Arrow and have Officer Lance not putting two and two together.
Not only that, when they were chasing after Felicity, Dig was right behind Lance. That whole scenario seemed a bit odd to me, if not a gaping plot hole.
Old October 24 2013, 04:48 PM   #114
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

I liked the Ras reference. I was also surprised by it. I would have expected ALL Batman stuff to be off limits.
Old October 24 2013, 05:19 PM   #115
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post

Scaredface wrote: View Post
- I find it odd that they have Felicity working as Ollie's assistant as well as the Arrow and have Officer Lance not putting two and two together.
Not only that, when they were chasing after Felicity, Dig was right behind Lance. That whole scenario seemed a bit odd to me, if not a gaping plot hole.
I found both those things odd as well. Overall I enjoyed the episode though.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 05:20 PM   #116
Sto-Vo-Kory
Captain

sojourner wrote: View Post
An island off the coast of China is not a tropical vista.
I must have missed the episode where they addressed the location of the island as being off the coast of China. My assumption was that the island rested somewhere in the South Pacific, near the Island from Lost.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 06:06 PM   #117
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

That was awesome, although there were still some really cheesy moments "There are only two ways off this island, by sea and by air" thanks for that Captain Obvious.

But it was a really cool episode, the villain was really creepy, I thought it was well-directed. I liked how Laurel faced the truth about her crusade against Arrow rather than it being dragged out for ages. and I liked that somebody actually called him Arrow!

Black Canary is cool, and it was neat how they had her use the sonic device rather than a scream. And the Ra's mention...wow I did NOT expect that. The costume that guy was wearing looked a little bit like Merlyn's, is it going to turn out that he was trained by Ra's?

Did the show mention the number 52 this much last season? It's getting more mentions than 47 in Star Trek.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 06:36 PM   #118
kirk55555
Commodore

The latest episode was great. This BC is interesting, and the Ra’s name drop was awesome. I’m not a huge fan of BC being a killer (since I like the comic character) but it works right now in Arrow, even if I’d prefer a more comic like version of BC. I don’t know why she seems to have a random sidekick. Seriously, this random woman shows up, Roy chases her (and I must have gotten distracted for a second because I have no idea why Roy was chasing her) and suddenly he’s being confronted by BC. I don't really care too much about the sidekick, I wouldn't want her taking screentime away from BC, but I do hope we get some explanation for her.

The island parts weren’t very strong this episode. I don’t really care about Ollie/Shado, and having Slade constantly whine at Ollie about it got on my nerves, to the point where I just kind of tuned it out (so I was really confused when the island part ended with Ollie captured on the ship him and slade were watching). I could honestly take or leave the island parts anyway, even though I like Slade and Shado as characters. For the main story, the villain was cool, and I’m glad Laurel’s irrational hatred of the vigilante looks like its been resolved. Overall, this was another great episode from Arrow, and I’m still excited to see what happens next.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24 2013, 07:11 PM   #119
sojourner
Admiral

Sin/Cindy is from the comics. She's Black Canary's foster daughter. So, yeah, huge fan.
Old October 24 2013, 07:24 PM   #120
RAMA
Vice Admiral

This continues to be the best superhero show. DC has outdone Marvel on the screen (Man of Steel) and on tv (Arrow) this year, despite what the media says.

RAMA
It's part of nature too
RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote