RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,720
Members: 26,184
Currently online: 387
Newest member: jauncampos

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old May 15 2014, 01:33 PM   #1171
ElimParra
Fleet Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

Felt the first half of it was rather slow, but once the fight started - there was some improvement. Nice to see this arc has finished.
ElimParra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2014, 01:50 PM   #1172
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

I have a feeling that with Malcolms hidden backing, Thea will be running Queen consolidated next year.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2014, 02:39 PM   #1173
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
...I'm not sure how Slade is going to eat.
Those were my first thoughts. Maybe someone drops by every now and then and leaves a crate of power bars and bottled water in their cell like Dexter did one time.

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
I wouldn't mind if Ollie had killed him, but it was more poetic to keep him alive.
Killing the bad guy doesn't provide for good drama. You have to keep them alive to reflect on their failure or what they've done. And in this case, we get to see Slade again. I thought he'd be done after this season.

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
The whole charade with Felicity had me completely fooled.
I was totally fooled too. It reminded me of the British show Hustle. If you haven't seen it, then think Ocean's Eleven. For me it didn't come out of nowhere, it seemed like the genuine culmination of 2 seasons worth of build-up.

TayLaLaLa wrote: View Post
Wanda Sykes as Waller would have been epic!
Indeed it would.

Icemizer wrote: View Post
I have a feeling that with Malcolms hidden backing, Thea will be running Queen consolidated next year.
As mentioned, she'll go to Nanda Parbat and come back a ninja. And yeah, maybe she'll be next season's Summer Glau. They can finally do something with the character.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2014, 03:37 PM   #1174
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Icemizer wrote: View Post
Well handled season ender. The editing in the Ollie/Slade fight was exceptional and covered the fact the fight itself was average. Great that Thea left all the people that lied to her. Could have done without Det. Lance dropping at the end, no real need for it. Slade captured on the island and Ollie is creating his own prison but will Waller let him stay there if she needs him? Glad we have left the island and can get on woth more of Ollies training. Opens it up for many more guest appearances if Ollie travels the globe. And loved the Flash teaser.
It's not actully Ollie creating purely his own prison. On the door as he closed it was written A.R.G.U.S so he's getting some help.

Could be an interesting fight for control of Queen Consolidated. Oliver has the major of shares (though financially they aren't worth squat financially), Moira's dead, Thea's gone walk about) and Slade's little chickie is dead.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2014, 03:42 PM   #1175
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

I liked that towards the end of the Oliver/Slade fight it was evident that both were somewhat gassed and pretty futzed up.
Old May 15 2014, 05:28 PM   #1176
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Old May 15 2014, 05:40 PM   #1177
sojourner
Admiral

Old May 15 2014, 09:24 PM   #1178
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Old May 16 2014, 02:19 AM   #1179
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I really liked Susanna Thompson. I still hope to see her in future episodes.
Old May 16 2014, 03:02 AM   #1180
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

You say flashback, and I say time travel.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2014, 03:49 AM   #1181
JD
Admiral

REally enjoyed this. I thought we got some great action scenes with the post-cure Slade/Oliver fight and the tunnel fight being the standouts.
I was also totally fooled by Ollie plan with Felicity, I thought given everything they've been through it would have been perfectly in character for him to have meant it.
I was shocked that both Laurel and Sara survived, I honestly kept expecting one of them to be dead by the end of the episode.
I'm not a big fan of Det. Lance collapsing, but I'm don't totally hate it. I just hope they don't kill him, I like the character.
I did get a kick out of Sara giving Laurel the jacket, I'm wondering if this is the start of her journey to taking over as The Canary. Even if she does I still hope Sara comes back, I really like the character.
I do agree that Thea leaving with Malcolm was a big WTF moment, it would have made more sense if we at least saw her starting to soften toward him some before she walked away from him.
I wonder if we might see Slade eventually join up with the Suicide Squad, or a heading up a new one. I loved the symmetry of A.R.G.U.S. and Oliver locking him up on Lian Yu.
I thought the reveal of Oliver being in Hong Kong was pretty cool. It will be interesting to see what exactly they do with the flashbacks now.
Old May 16 2014, 04:02 AM   #1182
Taylirious
Rear Admiral

View Taylirious's Twitter Profile

My favorite part of the EP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtBy-GqW3I0

LOLOLOL!

LUV Felicity!
Taylirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2014, 04:16 AM   #1183
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Loved the finale & the Felicity fake out.

Am still shocked to find that Detective Lance still doesn't know who the Arrow is.

Oh, and a word to Mr Adventure... the cops had guns and it didn't help one damn bit.

Taylala is right.

"Felicity Smoak, MIT class of '09" was a classic Felicity-ism.

Sarah better visit next year.

Lance better not die.

Is Thea really "going bad"

Will Ollie let her?

Stay tuned.
Old May 16 2014, 06:59 AM   #1184
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Ah, I forgot about what's her face's character. When she was busy telling Oliver how he had lost, Nyssa just snapped her neck. I thought, thank you and good riddance!
Old May 16 2014, 09:35 AM   #1185
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

I liked that finale a lot, wrapped this season's storylines up nicely while setting things up for next season.

- I was foold by Ollie confessing his love for Felicity as well, but I think something will definitely happen between them at some point.

- I wonder when the prison on the island was actually built.

- Ollie seemed pleased that he managed to get through the night without killing anyone, but Isabelle got killed by Nyssa. Does that not count because Nyssa was a wild card?

- Glad Sara didn't die, as I know most of us had her pegged for death.

- Nyssa - "I'd give my life for your daughter."
Det. Lance -"Here's hoping."

I thought him collapsing was a bit unnecessary, and it just seemed to come out of nowhere.

- I liked seeing the suicide squad thing again but did I miss something about the bombs in their heads? Digg's ex said to trust her, but then they just turned up at Argus and the bombs weren't mentioned.

- So Digg is going to be a father. I wonder if this means he'll be taking a reduced role with Team Arrow.

- Liked the bit when Roy woke up and went to attack the soldier, then instantly winced in pain. Also, he seems to have gotten much better with the bow!

- I wish Thea didn't go with Malcolm. I'd have preferred it if she just left on her own.

- Loved the editing of the fight at the end.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote