The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 29 2014, 03:55 AM   #1081
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

Adios Moira. Fantastic character, and that car crash was one of the most startling TV moments I can remember. I agree Ollie has to let Thea in now; no question. She could totally use a big sister surrogate in Felicity.

I thought Diggle was going to lose all his teeth, the way he got smacked in the face with that stanchion. Apparently not, eh.

Definitely did not see the twist of Sara leaving coming. As Marty would say, that was heavy.

Anyone else think Ollie may have to take a moderate dose of Mirakuru to heal his leg and defeat Slade? And then he could spend the whole off-season break sweating it out of his system...
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 04:44 AM   #1082
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

I don't think there's such a thing as a "moderate dose" of Mirakuru.

That's like saying someone is a "little bit pregnant".

I did wonder briefly, then thanked TPTB for not letting Ollie try the Mirakuru on his mom.

Imagine a superpowere Moira.

"The Horror"!
Old April 29 2014, 12:38 PM   #1083
Gaith
Rear Admiral

^ Well, "a little big pregnant" is possible, from a certain point of view... and maybe by mixing some Mirakuru with the cure, they might be able to create a "moderate Mirakuru" cocktail.

Of course, in the comics DCU, this'd be the part where Ollie texts Superman, who swoops in and kicks Slade's butt. Long past that part, actually.

I enjoyed the "he's strong... like comic book strong" line.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29 2014, 12:52 PM   #1084
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Gaith wrote: View Post
^ Well, "a little big pregnant" is possible, from a certain point of view... and maybe by mixing some Mirakuru with the cure, they might be able to create a "moderate Mirakuru" cocktail.

Of course, in the comics DCU, this'd be the part where Ollie texts Superman, who swoops in and kicks Slade's butt. Long past that part, actually.

I enjoyed the "he's strong... like comic book strong" line.
Sometimes that "phone a friend" option makes things too easy.

Of course, next season when Barry comes out of his coma, he'll have some super hero backup on speed dial.

Old April 29 2014, 01:04 PM   #1085
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

While I'm sure they'll figure out a way to prevent a cure for death (probably destroying the last of the Mirakuru), I will say that I don't think it literally cures dead people, only dying people. Once you bleed out, I think that's it.
Old April 29 2014, 01:43 PM   #1086
Avalon
Captain

^^^If Malcolm Merlyn ever really cared for Moira -- or still had a use for her, more likely -- he could whisk her away to Nanda Parbat, unbeknownst to Ollie or Thea...especially since they don't even know he's alive...
Old April 29 2014, 06:23 PM   #1087
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Adios Moira. Fantastic character, and that car crash was one of the most startling TV moments I can remember.
Unfortunately I've seen that so many times since the 4th season finale of Alias that it's all ho hum for me now.
Old May 1 2014, 04:06 AM   #1088
dansigal
Commander

My cable funked out a bit at the end. I saw that Arrow was fighting the dude in the mask who then was set to strangle him in the mask. Next thing he's running down the hall with Laurel. What happened? I assume she shows up and rescues him? And why didn't they blow the building?
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2014, 04:09 AM   #1089
sojourner
Admiral

Yeah, she hit Slade with a pipe, then they ran. I'm assuming it became too late to blow the building by that point.
Old May 1 2014, 04:21 AM   #1090
jbny67
Commander

sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, she hit Slade with a pipe, then they ran. I'm assuming it became too late to blow the building by that point.
That wasn't Slade. That was one of Blood's army.
Isabel took out Diggle before he could detonate the charges.

Last edited by jbny67; May 1 2014 at 05:19 AM.
jbny67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1 2014, 04:37 AM   #1091
sojourner
Admiral

Eh, they all look the same with the mask.
Old May 1 2014, 05:14 AM   #1092
SamhainLikeYou
Vice Admiral

Will the real Slade Wilson stand up?

More big revelations were made tonight. Now Laurel confirmed what Slade had told her about Oliver. She also found solid evidence of Blood's involvement in Moira's death. Ollie also revealed to Blood he was the Arrow. The last 5 minutes were very climactic and reminiscent of Bane taking over Gotham City in The Dark Knight Rises. The episode almost had a season finale feel to it.
Old May 1 2014, 05:42 AM   #1093
sojourner
Admiral

The "bug" Laurel planted was painfully obvious. In real life a big flashing light like that on someone's desk is going to be called out by the first person entering the room.
Old May 1 2014, 06:36 AM   #1094
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

Again, this is the DC universe where world-renowned investigators are so oblivious that they and other people who are intimately familiar with you in both your mild-mannered and superhero personas are fooled by a pair of glasses.

A flashing red light hidden under a desk is infinitely more disguised than that.
Old May 1 2014, 01:30 PM   #1095
dansigal
Commander

jbny67 wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
That wasn't Slade. That was one of Blood's army.
Isabel took out Diggle before he could detonate the charges.
Thanks, I caught everything but these two scenes. Since Oliver told Felicity to have Diggle blow it as soon as he was ready, I knew there must have been some kind of scene showing why it didn't happen.

Great second to last episode of the season. Should be pretty much straight up action for the last two right? Any way that Slade can be cured/redeemed or does he have to go? I'm also curious, the whole introduction of ARGUS and the suicide squad, is that leading somewhere in connection with the bigger plot of the show, or did they just want to introduce a new element that they can go back to now and then when the story calls for it?
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote