Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old April 17 2014, 07:31 AM   #1006
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

LaxScrutiny wrote: View Post
Help!!!!

My feed failed at about the 45 minute point. Ollie was just circling the lab with the people getting fed Miracuru, and saw Roy. Cut to commercial, and I lost everything. Can someone give me a synopsis? Please?
Isabel and Slade show up and threaten Ollie not to interfere, or Roy could die. Ollie shoots the power supply, cutting off the feed. Isabel fires at Ollie repeatedly but misses. Ollie shoots a couple of arrows, which Slade deflects with his sword. The archer temporarily subdues Isabel but is thrown against a wall by his Aussie friend. He shoots a couple of arrows with explosives, which knock Slade down, and as he reaches to free Roy, Isabel recovers and aims her gun at Oliver. Before she can pull the trigger, Diggle shows up and fires a couple shots, planting bullets in her. Slade gets up, but Ollie frees Roy in time, and together they escape using a grappling arrow.

The ending reveals Slade's army fully awakened, while the vengeful madman stands next to Isabel's lifeless body lying on a table. He opens her darkened eyes. He clasps his hand in outrage.

CORRECTION:

Isabel isn't dead. I rewatched the recording, and it appears Slade did a blood transfusion on her. When he opened her eyes, she blinked.

Mea culpa. I took off my glasses the last five minutes and actually thought Isabel died.

Last edited by Gryffindorian; April 17 2014 at 07:55 AM.
Gryffindorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2014, 07:35 AM   #1007
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
^He's pulling your leg or he also failed to watch the entire episode.
I'm not. As per my earlier post, my feed cut out and will be grateful to anyone that can fill me in for the last 15 minutes.
"He" in my post being Gryffindorian not you.
Did I miss something?

ETA:

Okay, I did miss something.

Last edited by Gryffindorian; April 17 2014 at 07:55 AM.
Gryffindorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2014, 07:41 AM   #1008
cylkoth
Commodore

Help!!!!

My feed failed at about the 45 minute point. Ollie was just circling the lab with the people getting fed Miracuru, and saw Roy. Cut to commercial, and I lost everything. Can someone give me a synopsis? Please?
The episode should be posted at The CW online tomorrow, so you can catch the entire thing or just ff to the last 15 mins.

But if you wish to be spoiled before watching it again, here what I can recall...

Slade and Izzy tell Ollie that they found Roy at a shelter in The Glades. He didn't put up a fight and came willingly-so they claim, because of his disillusionment with Oliver. Slade tosses the Arrow across the room, and gets an exploding arrow in the chest and goes down...then Izzy goes hand to hand with him, matching him blow for blow. Ollie gets the upper hand but she picks up a gun and is about to shoot when, Diggle caps her from a walkway with at least 4 shots. Slade gets up ready to come back when Oliver shoots the blood transfuser power supply and shorts it out. He resues Roy and the trio leave.
Later at the mansion, Ollie tells Thea that dad knew about Malcolm, but she's not moved over learning he choose to be her father. Slade has laid Izzy's body on a table-her eyes are wide open, as his soldiers assemble around him.
Oliver resists Felicity's urgings to take Roy to a doctor, as he's concerned about the tests that would have to be done. He reveals there's a cure for the Miracle Cure, but didn't try using it to stop Slade back on the island,..and gets a visit from Laurel, who doesn't reveal she knows his seeecrit. Felicity takes a vile of what we assume is Roy's blood to Fitz and Simmons, asking for help.
Old April 17 2014, 07:43 AM   #1009
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
I'm not. As per my earlier post, my feed cut out and will be grateful to anyone that can fill me in for the last 15 minutes.
"He" in my post being Gryffindorian not you.
Did I miss something?
She opened her own eyes.
Old April 17 2014, 07:45 AM   #1010
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Hmmm.

The new police commissioner, Yindel, in Dark Knight Returns is hard core Ahabbing to hoist the Bat into a small dark box until Gordon's speech about "He's too big" really sunk in when Batman is the only thing holding the city together after the balloon goes up.

Does't that seem reminiscent of lance explaining the Arrow's necessity to his daughter?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2014, 08:01 AM   #1011
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

cylkoth wrote: View Post
Slade and Izzy tell Ollie that they found Roy at a shelter in The Glades. He didn't put up a fight and came willingly-so they claim, because of his disillusionment with Oliver. Slade tosses the Arrow across the room, and gets an exploding arrow in the chest and goes down...then Izzy goes hand to hand with him, matching him blow for blow. Ollie gets the upper hand but she picks up a gun and is about to shoot when, Diggle caps her from a walkway with at least 4 shots. Slade gets up ready to come back when Oliver shoots the blood transfuser power supply and shorts it out. He resues Roy and the trio leave.
Later at the mansion, Ollie tells Thea that dad knew about Malcolm, but she's not moved over learning he choose to be her father. Slade has laid Izzy's body on a table-her eyes are wide open, as his soldiers assemble around him.
Oliver resists Felicity's urgings to take Roy to a doctor, as he's concerned about the tests that would have to be done. He reveals there's a cure for the Miracle Cure, but didn't try using it to stop Slade back on the island,..and gets a visit from Laurel, who doesn't reveal she knows his seeecrit. Felicity takes a vile of what we assume is Roy's blood to Fitz and Simmons, asking for help.
Those two, Cisco and Caitlan, took their names from the DC comic book characters Killer Frost (V) and Vibe.

Killer Frost is a Firestorm villainess, and Vibe is D-list Hero from Justice League Detroit... Justice League Detroit was the lowest point in the history of the Justice League.

Izzy was brought back from the dead, or near death by Mirakuru.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17 2014, 12:25 PM   #1012
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Thanks everyone!!
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2014, 02:39 AM   #1013
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

The episode should be posted at The CW online tomorrow, so you can catch the entire thing or just ff to the last 15 mins.
Thanks for the heads up re: CW online. I've been watching Arrow on hulu.com which means I need to wait at least a week there to see a new ep, unless I want to pay the "plus".
Old April 18 2014, 02:52 AM   #1014
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I've never gotten The CW online to actually stream, though. It starts to load and then stops and I switch to Hitbliss.
Old April 18 2014, 05:10 AM   #1015
cylkoth
Commodore

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post

Thanks for the heads up re: CW online. I've been watching Arrow on hulu.com which means I need to wait at least a week there to see a new ep, unless I want to pay the "plus".
If you'd like, you can get a Hulu 2 month free trial (instead of the usual 7 days) using this offer. Use your Paypal account-if you've got one, instead of a credit card when signing up. Make sure you put a note in your MS Calender to cancel just before the 2 month period ends...
http://offers.bestbuymobile.com/
Old April 18 2014, 05:16 AM   #1016
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Or, you know, just watch it on cwonline for free.
Old April 18 2014, 05:23 AM   #1017
cylkoth
Commodore

Yeah...that too.
Old April 18 2014, 05:54 AM   #1018
Sketcher
Commander

If Team Arrow can get Sara to seduce Ra's al Ghul's lesbian daughter, they could have an instant army of master assassins to combat Slade's army.
Sketcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2014, 03:28 PM   #1019
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Those two, Cisco and Caitlan, took their names from the DC comic book characters Killer Frost (V) and Vibe.

Killer Frost is a Firestorm villainess, and Vibe is D-list Hero from Justice League Detroit... Justice League Detroit was the lowest point in the history of the Justice League.

There have been five Killer Frosts?

The lowest point of the JL franchise is Extreme Justice. Hell, just using "Extreme" in the title pretty guarantees that.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18 2014, 05:09 PM   #1020
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post

There have been five Killer Frosts?

The lowest point of the JL franchise is Extreme Justice. Hell, just using "Extreme" in the title pretty guarantees that.
Wikipedia only lists four Killer Frosts, two from before The New 52 and two since. I'm familiar with the first two, as I was a fan of the Firestorm books before The New 52.

My love for Firestorm caused me to pick up some issues of Extreme Justice, but I quickly learned that was a mistake. Though, Cry for Justice seems to be a rival for the title of "Lowest Point of the JL Franchise." Interesting that both portrayed off-shoot League teams trying to be proactive.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote