Three New Star Trek Beyond Set Shots
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31

Retro Review: Elogium
By: Michelle Erica Green on Aug 28

Trek Swype Keyboard
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Meaney In Talks For McGuinness Role
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old March 28 2014, 05:44 PM   #901
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

Marc wrote: View Post
LaxScrutiny wrote: View Post

It doesn't surprise me at all that Lance doesn't recognise Ollie, because his suspicion was based on Ollie and The Vigilante appearing in the city at the same time, not on appearance. I think it is being pushed to the edge of believability now because Ollie is connected to both Sara and Felicity, but Lance had to break his commitment to the idea and rationalize his "error." Now he has a commitment to the new idea.
But if Lance knew that Oliver is the Arrow would he feel compelled to arrest him?

Or has the fact that he's even called the arrow and knows that he's working with Sarah taken him beyond that point?
The fact that he has been working with him for most of season 2 seems to indicate he has gotten over his hatred of the Arrow.
Old March 28 2014, 06:09 PM   #902
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Marc wrote: View Post
But if Lance knew that Oliver is the Arrow would he feel compelled to arrest him?

Or has the fact that he's even called the arrow and knows that he's working with Sarah taken him beyond that point?
I think this last episode for sure puts Lance on the side of Team Arrow, if we weren't sure before.

Lance totally broke protocol taking Bertinelli in the van with Arrow and Canary to trade for Laurel. That isn't the first "grey" decision he's made, but it's the clearest. I don't see how he could arrest Ollie now, unless Ollie did something way over the top.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2014, 07:15 PM   #903
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Yeah, really. He knows his daughter is the Canary, and is running around fighting crime with the Arrow. He also knows she's dating Oliver, whom he has suspected before, is the same height and build, and whose friggin phone rang right when he was calling the Arrow.

Laurel not recognizing Sara right in front of her was pretty ridiculous, too. Lampshading that was about the one thing I liked about the Green Lantern movie. "Hal, I've seen you naked. You don't think I would recognize you because I can't see your cheek bones?"
It's the bad wig. It totally changes what Sara looks like. And will probably be Sara's legacy to Laurel.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2014, 07:23 PM   #904
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
Lampshading that was about the one thing I liked about the Green Lantern movie. "Hal, I've seen you naked. You don't think I would recognize you because I can't see your cheek bones?"
Well, I haven't seen any of my siblings naked since we were about 5 years old, so that example doesn't sway me.
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
It's the bad wig. It totally changes what Sara looks like. And will probably be Sara's legacy to Laurel.
I still remain unconvinced Laurel can ever become BC. The show is running on the premise of about 5 years training (without Mirakuru) to become awesome enough to kick ass while in a costume. Laurel has yet to achieve year one.
Old March 28 2014, 08:10 PM   #905
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

She was hitting people with a staff this week.

I'm not saying it's a good start,, but it is a start.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2014, 08:12 PM   #906
sojourner
Admiral

Yeah, this week showed that she won't shrink from a fight at least. She held her own against random thug #3.
Old March 28 2014, 08:37 PM   #907
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
She was hitting people with a staff this week.

I'm not saying it's a good start,, but it is a start.
Smacking someone with your law clerk does not make you a hero.
Old March 28 2014, 08:37 PM   #908
JD
Admiral

Yeah, we've seen Laurel hold her own in several fights now. She's not at Arrow/Canary levels, but she's not totally useless in a fight.
As for the episode, I enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as some of the last few, but I still thought it was pretty good overall. The stuff with Helena gave us some good material for Sarah. Although I do agree that Laurel not recognizing Sarah was kind of ridiculous, but I've seen enough superhero stories at this point I'm willing to overlook that. While her turn around has been kind of quick, it is nice to actually see Laurel being likeable again.
As for the Roy storyline, I was thinking that Ollie telling him to stay away from Thea was also him attempting to motivate him to get his act together, not just to protect Thea.
Old March 28 2014, 11:24 PM   #909
theenglish
Rear Admiral

I like the way the series is dealing with Roy's addiction in a slightly different way than in the comics. I hope that a way is found to help Roy control it than is different than simply willpower because that would make Slade Wilson look less intimidating.

As for Laurel, I was in the camp that she couldn't be a hero but now that powers are actually entering the Arrow universe perhaps there will be some way to upload fighting abilities into her mind? The actress though certainly doesn't have the same physique as Sarah at this point -- assuming her abs are not CGI.

The series has not disappointed thus far and that has paid off in our confidence in the producers.
theenglish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2014, 11:56 PM   #910
sojourner
Admiral

What addiction does Roy have in the series?
Old March 29 2014, 12:04 AM   #911
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

If we are going to talk fighting ability is there any way the Huntress should have held her own against someone with League training? I guess you could say Sara was holding back on her lethal moves but still Sara should have easily overpowered her. As for Lt. Drebin um I mean Detective Lance yea he knows.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2014, 12:05 AM   #912
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
To violence.

His own body rewards him for cutting loose into people.

Every time he punches someone it probably feels like a shot of heroin.

At least that's why I assume that it's so hard for him to stop from killing people, and why he's so angry when he's forced to stop.

Old March 29 2014, 12:08 AM   #913
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Icemizer wrote: View Post
If we are going to talk fighting ability is there any way the Huntress should have held her own against someone with League training? I guess you could say Sara was holding back on her lethal moves but still Sara should have easily overpowered her. As for Lt. Drebin um I mean Detective Lance yea he knows.
Just because her fighting style is 90 percent aerobics, it doesn't mean that it's not effective.

Do you think you could win a MMA cage match against Jane Fonda?

Old March 29 2014, 12:32 AM   #914
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

This is the DC universe.

Just putting on a pair of regular glasses is enough to disguise you from people who work with you every day and even crush on your alter ego.

A mask and a voice scrambler are light years ahead in DC disguise technology.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29 2014, 12:47 AM   #915
theenglish
Rear Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
To violence.

His own body rewards him for cutting loose into people.

Every time he punches someone it probably feels like a shot of heroin.

At least that's why I assume that it's so hard for him to stop from killing people, and why he's so angry when he's forced to stop.
Yes, this is what the series is using instead of making him a junkie.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/03/...ful_heroes.php

Last of the six stories.
theenglish is online now   Reply With Quote