RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,716
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 715
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 17 2013, 05:25 PM   #76
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Re: Arrow - Season 2

And I did like Digs line about his secret identity being a black driver. Very funny.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 06:38 PM   #77
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Icemizer wrote: View Post
And I did like Digs line about his secret identity being a black driver. Very funny.
That was pretty funny. I like that Oliver and Digs can joke about something like that.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 07:13 PM   #78
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

This episode had a few flaws (like Laurel's irrational hatred) but I still liked it. I didn't know that the guy with the claws was Bronze Tiger. I've only read a bit of the character in comics, but even realising that he wasn't going to be in a costume, I don't remember Bronze Tiger using hand held wolverine claws. I thought it was just some random minion of the gangster woman. As for the cliff hanger, I thought it was a bit goofy. We all know he's not getting captured like that, so it seems a bit pointless. I'm interesting in seeing where the Black Canary stuff goes. OVerall, I thought this was a solid, entertaining episode.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 07:30 PM   #79
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

I mistakenly thought that Ollie had revealed his secret identity to Laurel last season. That's why she decided to let him bang her, knowing he was the studmuffin archer that always came to her. I didn't realize this until later and thought there was a continuity issue with Laurel gettin' pissed at the archer.
Old October 17 2013, 09:03 PM   #80
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Icemizer wrote: View Post
That was pretty funny. I like that Oliver and Digs can joke about something like that.
Outside of Driving Miss Daisy, and Paula Dean, that was a really odd thing to say.

And why can't he promote Felicity to a vice presidency of a division that doesn't exist which will still look good on her resume?

Unless her wages tripled, then she should really shut the fuck up.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 09:31 PM   #81
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

I love the "Emerald Arrow" moniker!
Now that was a fantastic episode, I want more.

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17 2013, 10:02 PM   #82
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Emerald Archer.
Old October 17 2013, 10:11 PM   #83
Agent Richard07
Admiral

That was a good cliffhanger. I can't wait to see how Ollie gets away from a dozen guys with guns.

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
And why can't he promote Felicity to a vice presidency of a division that doesn't exist which will still look good on her resume?
He needs her right there.

I like that they dealt with this secret identities issue but couldn't he have just kept the life of a playboy and had Felicity working in the batcave like Lucius Fox? Seems like a better solution.

Felicity's outburst also had me thinking of another thing... What did she do before? Whatever it was didn't seem all that high profile.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 12:44 AM   #84
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Scaredface wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
He needs her right there.

I like that they dealt with this secret identities issue but couldn't he have just kept the life of a playboy and had Felicity working in the batcave like Lucius Fox? Seems like a better solution.
To do that he should have sold his 50% to Black Canary. Then he lives of the cash and funds his team. The point was that he needed to take over Queen Consolidated as part of his character development and to atone for his mother's involvment in the Undertaking. So he needs to be in the office, and he needs Felicity nearby.

I like it because it lets us see her walking around in a tight dress instead of just sitting at a keyboard, and we get new banter.

Felicity's outburst also had me thinking of another thing... What did she do before? Whatever it was didn't seem all that high profile.
I took from her outburst that she has a degree in IT. From her level of smarts, possibly an engineering degree. She needed more than a programming background to figure out how to disarm the earthquake device, for example. She preferred her IT job because it was what she was trained for. At the time it was her dream career, and being an Executive Assistant was certainly not her dream.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 12:50 AM   #85
Procutus
Admiral

Avada Kedavra wrote: View Post
^ Where's your seventh consecutive post?

I ran out of show.

Seriously though, it would be a lot more fun if I had someone else to chat with during the live show. It's admittedly a bit strange to be doing a one-man commentary.
Old October 18 2013, 04:22 AM   #86
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Maybe you could watch the whole show and then make a post about what you thought of it?
Old October 18 2013, 09:36 AM   #87
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

sojourner wrote: View Post
Maybe you could watch the whole show and then make a post about what you thought of it?
Kind of defeats the intent of a live commentary. He was hoping he would get replies to his comments during the show from others also watching.
I wouldn't call that spam...

How much time has there to be between posts before it seizes to be spam?

Edit: Allthough he could have edited his original post until getting a reply.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 09:37 AM   #88
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I thought this week's episode was just okay. I was expecting more from China White and Bronze Tiger. The highlights were the cliffhanger ending and Alderman Blood. I'm glad that at least they left the door open for Tiger to come back. Hopefully he'll get more development as time goes on. I also hope that they eventually put China White in a white suit like in the comics; if for nothing else, it would help differentiate her from Black Canary.
DarKush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 10:18 AM   #89
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

So, Felicity is Ollie's Pepper Potts now. Good for her. Maybe she should go watch the Iron Man movies. Then she knew that she will become CEO once Ollie steps down to pursue his superhero career fulltime.
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2013, 02:21 PM   #90
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

As I expected after watching the Season Two sneak peak, Laurel's new obsession with taking down Arrow is getting old really fast. Still, it was a decent episode.

I also find myself looking forward to the island flashbacks more and more as we get into the series.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote