Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 23 2014, 07:56 PM   #856
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

crookeddy wrote: View Post
What was this Harley Quinn cameo I keep reading about? How did I miss it?
It was only her voice and the back of her head. The scene lasted less than 5 seconds, so it was easy to miss. Here you go.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23 2014, 11:45 PM   #857
crookeddy
Fleet Captain

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
crookeddy wrote: View Post
What was this Harley Quinn cameo I keep reading about? How did I miss it?
It was only her voice and the back of her head. The scene lasted less than 5 seconds, so it was easy to miss. Here you go.

I surrender my nerd card for not realizing who that was.
crookeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 02:28 PM   #858
Santa Kang
Fleet Admiral

Didn't notice the first time she appeared, but Lyla Michaels/Harbinger's names are from a DC character.
Old March 24 2014, 08:08 PM   #859
JD
Admiral

I just looked her up on the DC wiki and apparently this is another case of them just using the name and completely changing everything else. Unless they plan on bringing in The Monitor and introducing the concept of the multiverse which, while not impossible, seems very her unlikely at this point.
Lyla Michaels in the comics.

Last edited by JD; March 24 2014 at 10:07 PM.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 09:42 PM   #860
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Your link is broken.

She's been in 5 episodes?

Time flies.

Her connection to the New Guardians and Amazons attack is also interesting that will probably never play out.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24 2014, 10:07 PM   #861
JD
Admiral

Ooops, I was posting from my tablet, and was having issues. Fixed.
Old March 25 2014, 05:27 AM   #862
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Hmmm, same power as Triplicate Girl. Now THAT was a source of continuous erotic fantasy during my youth.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25 2014, 05:34 AM   #863
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It was so sad when one of them got killed, and then the universe rebooted and she died back to Duo Damsel AGAIN!

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 09:14 PM   #864
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

New Episode!!!

"Birds of Prey"
Oliver expects the Huntress (Jessica De Gouw) to return once her father (Jeffrey Nording) is arrested; Laurel is involved in a hostage situation at the courthouse; Roy tries to keep Thea safe.
This ep has been hyped all week, an extra preview is on Stephen Amell's Facebook page.

Looks to be action packed. Hope to see some solid Roy action.
Old March 27 2014, 01:21 AM   #865
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

I feel like commenting on little things that bother me.
First one from awhile ago, but it's relevant here. Frank Bertinelli is terribly cast as a mob boss. The actress for Helena is great, but the father sucks.
Second, you don't just "fix" a disciplinary complaint by "knowing a guy" (that being said, I didn't think she should get disbarred for a single DUI).
Third, she's ready for a RICO case in less than a week? She some kind of super lawyer?

All that aside, Felicity's "I think you should kick her ass" line was great.

ETA: I take back the last one.
Old March 27 2014, 02:07 AM   #866
Agent Richard07
Retired

- They pulled the old "stay away from her" cliché. I hate when they do that. When someone like Roy is having problems, they need all the support they can get. Staying away isn't the solution.

- I thought we were going to get a preview of Laurel as a vigilante by means of her saving the day but no such luck. Guess that'll have to wait.

- I was half expecting Batgirl to show up. They totally wasted the title "Birds of Prey" on this episode when they could have waited until season 5 when Babs really does make an appearance.

- Jessica De Goo's acting seems to have improved. I thought she did a poor job when we first saw her last season.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2014, 02:15 AM   #867
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Well, as it turned out the assistant DA was just playing her, and there was probably no "guy."

Laurel didn't just have leverage going to the press at the end, she had grounds for a multi-million dollar lawsuit, in as much as she was put in the direct line of fire purposely, unknowingly, and through being deceived. The conversation with the DA at the end was brief; in my mind there was a lot unsaid that backed her up.

As far as being ready for the case, most of the work would be already done. She should have seen through why they wanted her back, or at least been suspicious, but she was victim of her own wishful thinking.

I liked Felicity's line, but what I liked better was the little nod Diggle gave right after, that was cuter than kittens.

I loved how all sides were playing each other tonight, the twisted plot was as good and fast paced as the action.

I'm getting anxiety about Roy, they have to help him. Something that would cure or reduce the effect of Mirakuru. That would help against Slade too. Mostly though I like Roy and he doesn't deserve the hand he was dealt.

ETA: I have to watch it all again, but at the end was Huntress implying that she should have been the one killed? Or that she should have been the one to kill her father? The story has a little more power if she was actually trying to do a suicide run and have her dad live with the fact she was killed trying to get to him. Not sure if that's true though.
Old March 27 2014, 02:19 AM   #868
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Sigh, any appearance of axe-crazy Huntress just gets a meh from me.

Roy and Thea's story was incredibly cliched, and annoyingly misguided.

This is the weakest episode in a while after a string of winners.
Old March 27 2014, 02:29 AM   #869
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

LaxScrutiny wrote: View Post
As far as being ready for the case, most of the work would be already done. She should have seen through why they wanted her back, or at least been suspicious, but she was victim of her own wishful thinking.
I took it back because it makes more sense that she was bait and never intended to be the trial attorney. That being said, trial lawyers need to be intimately familiar with the case in order to be able to think on the fly to ask the right question. I do agree that her wishful thinking allowed her to be better at it (although I'm not sure it actually makes sense to need bait in that context, Helena is coming no matter what).

ETA: I have to watch it all again, but at the end was Huntress implying that she should have been the one killed? Or that she should have been the one to kill her father? The story has a little more power if she was actually trying to do a suicide run and have her dad live with the fact she was killed trying to get to him. Not sure if that's true though.
I think she said it should have been her who killed him. It did make the whole thing seem futile. Although I didn't catch who shot him. The cop?
Old March 27 2014, 02:31 AM   #870
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
I think she said it should have been her who killed him. It did make the whole thing seem futile. Although I didn't catch who shot him. The cop?
Yes, just rewatched that part. "It was supposed to be me. It was supposed to be me who killed him."

Yes, the senior SWAT guy shot him.