Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 30 2014, 05:35 PM   #541
Bad Bishop
Vice Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

sojourner wrote: View Post
Didn't Laurel become a florist for a while in the comics?

oh, and "Team Arrow" lol.
Dinah Drake Lance was Black Canary's name in comic books (at least the ones I remember). Before various retcons, she was a member of the Justice Society (Earth 2) and the widow of detective Larry Lance. She came over to Earth-1, became a member of the JLA, became romantically involved with Green Arrow and did open a flower shop.

As for this week's episode, it's odd that Bronze Tiger did not end up hospitalized after being attacked by Roy.
Old January 30 2014, 06:07 PM   #542
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Dinah is Laurel's middle name on the show.
Old January 30 2014, 06:20 PM   #543
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

It's also the name of the post-Crisis younger Black Canary, where they split the pre-Crisis version into a mother and daughter (Dinah Drake Lance and Dinah Laurel Lance). Drake got the florist shop and Larry Lance; Laurel got Green Arrow.
Old January 30 2014, 06:51 PM   #544
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Ahhh the old Sherwood Florists, loved the old flower shop name. I had almost completely forgotten the Markovia line. Wouldnt mind a vist to Starling City by the royal family. Brion could be invited to visit by the new Mayor even.
Icemizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 07:24 PM   #545
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

OdoWanKenobi wrote: View Post
I wonder who we'll have on Arrow's Suicide Squad? Bronze Tiger, obviously, and I imagine Deadshot is a given considering his previous appearances on the show. Would they bring Count Vertigo back from the dead for it? What about introducing Captain Boomerang, before having him leave the group to go be a thorn in Barry's side on his show. They've already got Killer Frost in the Flash pilot, too. Plenty of possible squad members, here.
I am waiting for he inevitable story where Waller comes to Oliver needing him for a mission, or else she reveals his secret. Then we get the fun of Arrow having to work beside people he's previously put away. This would have to be a two part story.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2014, 07:53 PM   #546
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Vendikarr wrote: View Post

I am waiting for he inevitable story where Waller comes to Oliver needing him for a mission, or else she reveals his secret. Then we get the fun of Arrow having to work beside people he's previously put away. This would have to be a two part story.
Either that or Oliver will just reply "go ahead, find someone that doesn't already know my secret identity",
Old January 31 2014, 02:17 AM   #547
JD
Admiral

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post

I feel sorry for Laurel, who's really hit rock bottom. How long before she can get her life back in order?
I'm wondering if we're headed towards her taking up the Canary name soon. Right now my theory is that she's going to find out about Sarah being a vigilante (she doesn't know yet does she?), and see her die. Then in honor of her sister she'll clean herself up and take over the Canary identity.
Old January 31 2014, 02:25 AM   #548
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

I can totally see Moira running for mayor of Starling City. Never mind the fact that she used to be a part of the undertaking to destroy the Glades; she's rich, powerful, willing to atone for her past mistakes, and can take on Sebastian Blood.
Though her OBGYN might have to worry a bit.

Was a bit disappointed that Walter seemed to be going along with the possiblity of a nasty fate befalling the person in question.

Though maybe he does see it as better for Starling City there's a sacrifice to get Moira the top job and stop Brother Blood.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 06:24 AM   #549
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Kestrel wrote: View Post
It's also the name of the post-Crisis younger Black Canary, where they split the pre-Crisis version into a mother and daughter (Dinah Drake Lance and Dinah Laurel Lance). Drake got the florist shop and Larry Lance; Laurel got Green Arrow.
As Icemizer mention, "Lance" was a florist too.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 04:31 PM   #550
dansigal
Commander

Marc wrote: View Post

I can totally see Moira running for mayor of Starling City. Never mind the fact that she used to be a part of the undertaking to destroy the Glades; she's rich, powerful, willing to atone for her past mistakes, and can take on Sebastian Blood.
Though her OBGYN might have to worry a bit.

Was a bit disappointed that Walter seemed to be going along with the possiblity of a nasty fate befalling the person in question.

Though maybe he does see it as better for Starling City there's a sacrifice to get Moira the top job and stop Brother Blood.
I think that was a bit of a fake out. Was said in a way to make you think they had a nefarious intent, when I think it's pretty obvious it's just going to be something like buying the guy off. At this point it would be totally out of character for both them.
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2014, 10:47 PM   #551
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

If Lex Luthor can end up President, the Moira can be the mayor of a piddly little city which looks just like Vancouver. And Chicago. And New York. And Tokyo for some reason, going by the stock footage they use...

No one likes to see a character spiral down, even one like Laurel who hasn't been terribly popular on the show. Still, if they end up having her go all Canary, that would be a great way to go. My wife quickly noticed how much weight the actress has lost since the first season, and I can't help but wonder if it's because of the catsuit she'll have to fit into by the time she takes up her sister's mantle.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2014, 12:33 AM   #552
theenglish
Rear Admiral

A Suicide Squad spin off series could be great!
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2014, 02:06 AM   #553
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Catsuit?? You know all Starling Cities heroes wear hoodies.
Icemizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2014, 03:33 AM   #554
JD
Admiral

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
If Lex Luthor can end up President, the Moira can be the mayor of a piddly little city which looks just like Vancouver. And Chicago. And New York. And Tokyo for some reason, going by the stock footage they use...

No one likes to see a character spiral down, even one like Laurel who hasn't been terribly popular on the show. Still, if they end up having her go all Canary, that would be a great way to go. My wife quickly noticed how much weight the actress has lost since the first season, and I can't help but wonder if it's because of the catsuit she'll have to fit into by the time she takes up her sister's mantle.

Mark
That must be why she looks different. I've been thinking the last few episodes that she looked different, but I couldn't figure out why.
Old February 1 2014, 03:49 AM   #555
theenglish
Rear Admiral

JD wrote: View Post
Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post

Mark
That must be why she looks different. I've been thinking the last few episodes that she looked different, but I couldn't figure out why.
I had thought that it was to give her an "addict's" look.
theenglish is offline   Reply With Quote