Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Shatner Book Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Nov 20

Trek Original Series Slippers
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Hemsworth Is Sexiest Man Alive
By: T'Bonz on Nov 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 29 2013, 01:37 AM   #376
Gaith
Rear Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
I thought I saw a new episode advertised on FB for yesterday. Did I miss it, or just wasn't there one this week?
Wikipedia = not your enemy. Rather the reverse, in fact.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3 2013, 07:52 PM   #377
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Ok, putting this in the right thread now:

Alex Kingston Returning to Starling City

also

http://tvline.com/2013/12/02/arrow-s...he-flash-pilot

Now that The Flash is getting its own pilot rather than a backdoor one, “Episode 20 will just be an episode of Arrow” — which has actually turned out to be a blessing, Kreisberg admitted. “[A backdoor pilot] actually made it a little bit harder because we were going to have to take a right turn [from] where we were in our ongoing story to incorporate that.” Although Barry may no longer be getting his own episode toward the end of the season, viewers will still hear “about what happened to him in the way that you’re hearing now about Star Labs on the periphery, and certainly in terms of Felicity since she has a connection with him,” revealed Berlanti.
Old December 3 2013, 10:11 PM   #378
dansigal
Commander

Some interesting thoughts from two of my favorite tv critics, who just both happened to publish Arrow Season 2 check ins today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mauree...b_4378775.html

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...-cws-fun-arrow
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2013, 03:04 AM   #379
Agent Richard07
Retired

Nice little nod with the chemicals and the lightning storm. haha

The guy who played Barry didn't impress me at first but I slowly warmed up to him and by the 30-minute mark I was sold. He'll make a good Barry Allen/Flash.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2013, 03:16 AM   #380
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Pretty nice show tonight, good pace and action. The more than human element brought in was nice as was Barrys story about the tornado like blur that killed his mom. Zoom anyone?
I can see this guy as Barry but for the Flash well I will need to see the costume to really be sold.
Why is Felicity hotter with glasses than without or is that just me?
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2013, 03:21 AM   #381
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

Terrific episode. I'm so-so on Barry but I did like the nod to the chemicals and the lightening storm too. Someone on another board posted that when Roy talked about his own team, he wondered if that was supposed to be a nod towards The Teen Titans. Brother Blood is supposed to be a Teen Titans villain, right?
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2013, 03:31 AM   #382
sojourner
Admiral

Smoakin' Hot! Yeah, the actor playing Barry certainly looked like he could be John Wesley Ship's son. Great episode, about half way through when Barry makes his speach about searching out other "unbelievable cases" I half expected a cross over scene with Agents of Shield, lol.
Old December 5 2013, 05:04 AM   #383
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Terrific episode. I'm so-so on Barry but I did like the nod to the chemicals and the lightening storm too. Someone on another board posted that when Roy talked about his own team, he wondered if that was supposed to be a nod towards The Teen Titans. Brother Blood is supposed to be a Teen Titans villain, right?
That is correct.
Old December 5 2013, 05:43 AM   #384
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Grant Gustin played a youthful and inquisitive Barry Allen, and the actor reminded me a lot of Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker persona. Must be the hairstyle.

Brother Blood, STAR Labs, Professor Ivo, Cyrus (Gold), Barry Allen. The series is looking more and more like the DCU.
Old December 5 2013, 12:15 PM   #385
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Icemizer wrote: View Post
The more than human element brought in was nice as was Barrys story about the tornado like blur that killed his mom. Zoom anyone?
That would be in line with the origin Geoff Johns gave Barry during Flash Rebirth. Personally, I was not happy to see it incorporated, as before, the Flashes were the antithesis of the brooding/"my parents are dead" characterization. Barry's parents were alive up until about 5 years ago when Johns added the retcon about Zoom going back in time to kill his mother.

Why is Felicity hotter with glasses than without or is that just me?
It's not just you and it's not just the glasses (though they don't hurt), I think it's also having her hair pulled back. That whole look really works for me.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2013, 01:19 PM   #386
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

^ I dont think Barry would be considered brooding as we saw him portrayed in this episode, merely inquisitive and driven. I really did not feel any "darkness' around the character at all.
Still I agree in the comics this was not needed even though Zooms of one sort or another killed his mother and Iris(yes I know not really but it seemed that way at the time)
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2013, 08:26 PM   #387
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

That was awesome. Loved the fight choreography, I thought Barry was really cool. I liked how the island story and the present-day story meshed together. I liked having Moira out of prison as well and interacting with the various cast. Surely it was a bit sloppy of Malcolm to let slip where he's been, and is Ra's Al Ghul really that easy to contact, or did Moira have some special avenues of communication?

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2013, 08:28 PM   #388
sojourner
Admiral

Oh yeah, almost forgot that part. Moira is one bad mutha. Don't mess with her.
Old December 5 2013, 08:34 PM   #389
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Well, she is a future Borg Queen...
Old December 5 2013, 08:52 PM   #390
sojourner
Admiral

Just had a thought. Barry's story about his mother's death implies that Professor Zoom may be responsible. To take that further, does that also imply time travel?