Star Trek-Planet of the Apes #2
By: T'Bonz on Jan 20

Clark Details Trek Books

Takei To Appear On Wits

Retro Review: Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang
By: Michelle on Jan 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old November 20 2013, 12:28 AM   #316
sojourner
Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

That is a shitty mask. At least in that pic. I want a mask, but they need to work on it some more. Meh, maybe it will look better on screen.
Old November 20 2013, 05:56 AM   #317
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Katrina Law cast as daughter of R'as al Ghul but not Talia al Ghul

Spartacus alum Katrina Law has been tapped to play Ra's al Ghul's other progeny, Nyssa al Ghul, on Arrow, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively
Old November 20 2013, 02:18 PM   #318
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

^Well didnt see that coming. This show sure is pulling out the bad guysand I heartily approve. This is the kind of DC universe expansion I wanted to see on Smallville for 7 years. Thankfully these writers get it.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 04:02 PM   #319
CorporalClegg
Admiral

Well I was half right.

I didn't subscribe as much to the Summer/Talia theory because I still think it's Yao Fei/Shado, perhaps now more than ever. Jade and Law even look a bit alike.

I did think though that they were going to keep it in the cast just because it's getting so big, especially with the women. This show is quickly becoming Ride of the Valkyries.
Old November 20 2013, 04:27 PM   #320
Gaith
Rear Admiral

My first reaction upon seeing the mask was that it was dumb and unnecessary, that the face paint is much cooler and no less revealing. Then it occurred to me that the mask is basically the same as Banderas' Zorro one (minus the head-covering kerchief), and I made my peace with it. There's really as much Zorro in this show as there is in Batman, which I definitely dig.

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Thanks to Bat-Kid, there's no crime for the Green Arrow stop.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=534920459926559

Awesome thing for the cast to do.
That is cute, yeah, but I hope the kid isn't actually watching the show!

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
Felicity can't be interested in Oliver... She just detests Isobel.
Guy, I am shocked. What about her "long game to marry a billionaire"?!
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2013, 11:58 PM   #321
JD
Admiral

I don't mind the mask, I always thought the makeup thing was a little weird. The article I read said that there is a specific story reason why he starts using the mask. I'm wondering if maybe somebody gives it to him, or if he makes it out of something important to him.
Old November 21 2013, 12:49 AM   #322
sojourner
Admiral

^Made from Sarah's skin after he fails to save her, he wears it in eternal shame?
Old November 21 2013, 01:47 AM   #323
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

I liked the Green Arrow costume from SMALLVILLE better than ARROW...I don't mind the new mask...it works with the ARROW costume.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 01:58 AM   #324
sojourner
Admiral

The costume from Smallville looked like a punk going to a rave for a night of ecstasy overdosing.
Old November 21 2013, 02:00 AM   #325
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

And that is why I liked it!
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 03:09 AM   #326
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Well another good one in the books for Arrow. Did not see the return of Merlyn coming but the daughter thing was pretty easy as soon as the fling was mentioned. They really are good at cramming a whole lot of stuff into an hour show.
Was not happy with the death of Vertigo since thats two weeks in a row the non killing idea went out the window. Of course Blood could always bring him back I suppose.
Has Felicity learned her lesson to stay in the Arrowcave yet?
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 03:25 AM   #327
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

Malcolm Meryln! I definitely wasn't expecting him to return and I too though Moira was going to get killed off. But I'm glad I'm wrong on both counts. His connection with Rha's and the fact that superpowers are being brought into Arrow pretty much guaranteed his return. Thea being Malcolm's father I expected after the affair info was brought up. I don't know how I feel on that.

Really good episode once again. They pack a lot into a single hour and we have villains all over the place. It's too bad we lost The Count. He was fun tonight and it was a nice nod to continuity to have him be the guy who let out The Dollmaker. I was glad that Oliver was forced to kill him. His conversion from vigilante to hero is not going to be an easy one.

Once again the Starling City PD show that they have failed this city and should be wiped out, save for Lance. TWICE they have concealed that a dangerous inmate escaped from jail during the destruction of The Glades. The first one being a serial killer who targeted women and the second being a murderous druglord. Well done, guys. I think it's time for Oliver and Felicity to expose these jokers.

Then again, the Starling City District Attorney's Office might be just as bad, considering they thought it was a good idea to let Laurel help prosecute Moira. I know, I know, it's only a TV show but that kind of stupidity is hard to pass up. The writers continue to do the Laurel character no favors with the storylines they put her in and Oliver not being mad at her in the end annoyed me. Laurel remains the worst part of this show.

Good stuff on the island front.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 03:29 AM   #328
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I thought that Merlyn was due for a return. Then sure enough...

Of course Thea and Ollie are only half brother and sister. They don't look alike.

Poor Laurel. How will she face the Queens and Moira after all that?
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2013, 04:12 AM   #329
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

I actually kinda saw Merlyn's return coming after the verdict. That doesn't mean I wasn't happy to see him. Barrowman is always a joy to see on screen.

Yeah, it's too bad that Count Vertigo had to die, but I did enjoy the fact that Oliver was forced to choose between his vow and saving the life of his friend. I'm glad the writers understand this won't be an easy path to walk. Then again they did just mention Ra's Al Ghul, and will be introducing super powers soon. Death may wind up having the same revolving door it does in the comics. Somehow I doubt that they would let one of Green Arrow's archnemeses expire so easily and so early in the show.
Old November 21 2013, 04:42 AM   #330
sojourner
Admiral

So, is that as close to boxing arrows as we'll get?

Also, wtf, why didn't Ollie alert the police when he found Vertigo's lab location? Sloppy.