MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!

True Trek History To Be Penned

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 12 2013, 05:19 PM   #31
js
Captain

Re: The Vampire Diaries & The Originals

But Haley would have recognized Tyler's wolf form - wouldn't she? They knew each other when they ran together before.
Old November 12 2013, 07:50 PM   #32
Kosh Naranek
Captain

js wrote: View Post
But Haley would have recognized Tyler's wolf form - wouldn't she? They knew each other when they ran together before.

Good point. Tyler mentioned that he was running around with different packs.

Could he have different people watching her? Werewolf babysitting in shifts?
Old November 13 2013, 04:38 PM   #33
js
Captain

Well, since I guess I'll take Tyler's word that the wolf watching Haley isn't him - and given the slavish response of the new hybrid to Haley - and the "royal birthmark" - I'm guessing this is leading up to her baby being some kind of wolf messiah and/or she's the Wolf Queen?
Old November 13 2013, 06:06 PM   #34
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

Funny how they jump to the conclusion that Klaus would want to make more hybrids...he seemed to have given up on that dream and if the hybrids are sired to Hayley then what would be the point? Tyler bores me.
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15 2013, 06:52 AM   #35
Snaploud
Admiral

Once again, the main characters on TVD put themselves before millions of other people. This time they've decided to extend unending supernatural purgatory in order to hang out with their dead friend.

The Originals is enjoyable, though.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2013, 01:11 AM   #36
FreezeC77
Commodore

Snaploud wrote: View Post
Once again, the main characters on TVD put themselves before millions of other people. This time they've decided to extend unending supernatural purgatory in order to hang out with their dead friend.

One of my biggest gripes with TVD and this has grown a lot as these types of characters have increased in number is when they will introduce a character who has been locked away from the world for decades/centuries/millenia and then said character speaks just like a normal person from this day and age and starts making modern day pop culture references.

Original Elena(Amara?) was locked away for thousands of years and has gone crazy...but wow she knows English? and the first thing Silas when he finds her does is talk to her in English?

I wish these writers had a smidgen of the talent of the writers on Sleepy Hollow and how they present Ichabod Crane coping with the modern age.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2013, 02:37 AM   #37
Snaploud
Admiral

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
Snaploud wrote: View Post

One of my biggest gripes with TVD and this has grown a lot as these types of characters have increased in number is when they will introduce a character who has been locked away from the world for decades/centuries/millenia and then said character speaks just like a normal person from this day and age and starts making modern day pop culture references.

Original Elena(Amara?) was locked away for thousands of years and has gone crazy...but wow she knows English? and the first thing Silas when he finds her does is talk to her in English?

I wish these writers had a smidgen of the talent of the writers on Sleepy Hollow and how they present Ichabod Crane coping with the modern age.
Yeah, that's a tough one. I have do a lot of rationalizing not to roll my eyes. My solution for Silas is that his mind-reading powers extend all the way to being able to absorb a person's knowledge and experiences. That doesn't really help with Amara, though.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17 2013, 06:42 AM   #38
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

I actually liked Elena before she became a vampire...I blame Damon who was okay at first but I cannot stand Elena, Damon, Caroline(never liked her or) Jeremy. I am rooting for Stefan and Katherine here on out.
Old November 17 2013, 06:42 AM   #39
JD
Admiral

Yeah, I usually don't notice that kind of stuff, but it was really bugging me with Silas though.
I do have to give Nina Dobrev some respect though, she was able to play three different characters, and made them all unique individuals. It's always impressed me with Katherine/Elena how well she can change her speech patterns and the way she handles enough that you can dell pretty much right away which one of them it is.

I'm still trying to figure out in The Originals if Elijah's interest in Haley is purely wanting to protect her because "she's family now" or if he has a thing for her? It's seemed to me at least a few times that his interest isn't entirely platonic.
Old November 17 2013, 06:51 AM   #40
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

As noble as Elijah seems he is also drawn to lost causes...

Over the centuries, Elijah has been romantically involved with some women while being with his siblings and running from his father. In the 10th century, while Elijah and his family were still human, both he and his brother were romantically involved with Tatia. In the 15th century, Elijah was involved with Katerina Petrova, the doppelganger of Tatia. In the 19th century, he was involved romantically with a woman named Celeste. Now in the 21st century, Elijah rekindled his relationship with Katherine and they had a romantic relationship until he broke up with her and left with his brother to New Orleans. Once he got to New Orleans, he learned of a werewolf named Hayley and her child of whom Klaus is the father. Elijah promised her that he'll always protect her and four months later, after some time with Hayley, it seems like he is starting to develop feelings for her.
Old November 17 2013, 05:53 PM   #41
js
Captain

JD wrote: View Post
I'm still trying to figure out in The Originals if Elijah's interest in Haley is purely wanting to protect her because "she's family now" or if he has a thing for her? It's seemed to me at least a few times that his interest isn't entirely platonic.
From the first ep it looked like they were gonna get them together and while I would have hated the idea on TVD - because Elijah is the best character on either show and on TVD Haley was one of the worst - she's gotten better on TO and Elijah is so awesome he deserves SOMEBODY who appreciates him, I'm finding myself objecting to them getting together less and less.
Old November 18 2013, 03:49 PM   #42
Kosh Naranek
Captain

I did not much care for Hayley on TVD. I am pleasantly surprised by her on the Originals. I enjoy her character and it is interesting how having her around is changing the family dynamic somewhat.

On TVD I am basically hanging around for Katherine.
Old November 23 2013, 11:40 AM   #43
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

Damon and this Augustine Vampire thing has peeked my interests.

ETA: Katherine is so much more interesting than Elena...the other Doppelganger seemed more interesting than Elena this season. LOL.
Old November 30 2013, 09:00 AM   #44
TayLaLaLa
Fleet Captain

Klaus. It Just Got Real!

Tyler is useless. Sigh.
Old December 1 2013, 01:29 AM   #45
JD
Admiral

I must admit, I did not expect Klaus to actually get Marcel to step down so quickly. I'm very curious to see where they are going with this, because I'm assuming this won't be the end of the Klaus/Marcel conflict. Unless they shift the focus to the werewolves or witches or something.