RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,293
Posts: 5,720,294
Members: 25,765
Currently online: 304
Newest member: tiffany1994

TrekToday headlines

Where No Garden Gnome Has Gone Before
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Scotland Yard Trekkie Fear
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Koenig Joins Captain Pike Project
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Retro Review: Ex Post Facto
By: Michelle on May 22

Smallwood: Creating The Xindi
By: T'Bonz on May 21

Greenwood Joins O.J. Simpson Series
By: T'Bonz on May 21

The USS Enterprise Building
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Wheaton Guests On Mission Log Podcast
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Pegg: Star Trek 3 Less Trek-Y
By: T'Bonz on May 20

Two Trek Book Covers Unveiled
By: T'Bonz on May 19


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 30 2013, 04:02 PM   #1
ReadyAndWilling
Fleet Captain
 
X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

Hey guys, I was watching the X-Men TV show from the early 90's and I really enjoyed seeing Cable communicating with his wrist mounted computer called Greymall. Does anyone have a listing of Cable's appearances in TV shows where he speaks to his computer? Also, I tried looking up information on his computer Greymall, but I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Does anyone know where I could be looking to get more information?

Thank you!
ReadyAndWilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2013, 04:18 PM   #2
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

I think the name you're looking for is Graymalkin, the name of Cable's space station (named for Graymalkin Lane, the street address of the Xavier Institute). In the comics, Graymalkin was controlled by Cable's AI named The Professor. I don't recall the animated series' Cable ever addressing his wrist computer as anything but "Computer," but I do remember Graymalkin being the name of his ship/station which appeared in the "Beyond Good and Evil" 4-parter.
__________________
Written Worlds -- My blog and webpage
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2013, 09:36 PM   #3
ReadyAndWilling
Fleet Captain
 
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

Christopher wrote: View Post
I think the name you're looking for is Graymalkin, the name of Cable's space station (named for Graymalkin Lane, the street address of the Xavier Institute). In the comics, Graymalkin was controlled by Cable's AI named The Professor. I don't recall the animated series' Cable ever addressing his wrist computer as anything but "Computer," but I do remember Graymalkin being the name of his ship/station which appeared in the "Beyond Good and Evil" 4-parter.
That's great, thanks.

I think you're right that his spaceship was called Greymalkin, but did he only ever refer to his wrist computer as 'Computer'?
ReadyAndWilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2013, 09:49 PM   #4
Hound of UIster
Rear Admiral
 
Hound of UIster's Avatar
 
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

The space station was raised as a floating island for Cable's private country in the comics. The AI I think was wrecked by Sinister's mutants after most of the country is destroyed by an alien psychic weapon.
Hound of UIster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2013, 11:43 PM   #5
Christopher
Writer
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

ReadyAndWilling wrote: View Post
I think you're right that his spaceship was called Greymalkin, but did he only ever refer to his wrist computer as 'Computer'?
I distinctly remember him saying things like "Computer, body-slide by two!"

(And it just occurred to me that that could sound really kinky if you don't know that "body-slide" means "teleport.")
__________________
Written Worlds -- My blog and webpage
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2013, 02:32 AM   #6
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: Spock of Ages
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

ReadyAndWilling wrote: View Post
Hey guys, I was watching the X-Men TV show from the early 90's and I really enjoyed seeing Cable communicating with his wrist mounted computer called Greymall. Does anyone have a listing of Cable's appearances in TV shows where he speaks to his computer? Also, I tried looking up information on his computer Greymall, but I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Does anyone know where I could be looking to get more information?

Thank you!
So you just want the episodes where he talks to his computer? That entertains you? Why?
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2013, 03:53 AM   #7
ReadyAndWilling
Fleet Captain
 
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
ReadyAndWilling wrote: View Post
Hey guys, I was watching the X-Men TV show from the early 90's and I really enjoyed seeing Cable communicating with his wrist mounted computer called Greymall. Does anyone have a listing of Cable's appearances in TV shows where he speaks to his computer? Also, I tried looking up information on his computer Greymall, but I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Does anyone know where I could be looking to get more information?

Thank you!
So you just want the episodes where he talks to his computer? That entertains you? Why?
Well I love it because it gives me a chance of what might be possible some day.
ReadyAndWilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2013, 04:10 AM   #8
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: Spock of Ages
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

ReadyAndWilling wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
ReadyAndWilling wrote: View Post
Hey guys, I was watching the X-Men TV show from the early 90's and I really enjoyed seeing Cable communicating with his wrist mounted computer called Greymall. Does anyone have a listing of Cable's appearances in TV shows where he speaks to his computer? Also, I tried looking up information on his computer Greymall, but I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia. Does anyone know where I could be looking to get more information?

Thank you!
So you just want the episodes where he talks to his computer? That entertains you? Why?
Well I love it because it gives me a chance of what might be possible some day.
And you need to see this multiple times?
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2013, 06:38 PM   #9
Mistral
Vice Admiral
 
Mistral's Avatar
 
Location: Between the candle and the flame
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

I find this topic title distracting, as my gamertag on XBOX has been Cable for the last 11 years. Just saying.
__________________
...sf fandom is only a personality disorder if you do it right.-Klaus
http://www.adastrafanfic.com - archive stories! www.4rumboys.com for honest gaming

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2013, 06:51 PM   #10
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral
 
Turtletrekker's Avatar
 
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

Do you call your XBOX "Graymalkin"? If not, you really should.
__________________
I hate having thoughts on the top of my head. They usually jump off and commit suicide.
Turtletrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2013, 08:04 PM   #11
RoJoHen
Awesome
 
Location: QC, IL, USA
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
ReadyAndWilling wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
So you just want the episodes where he talks to his computer? That entertains you? Why?
Well I love it because it gives me a chance of what might be possible some day.
And you need to see this multiple times?
The dude loves robots. He only likes watching things with robots.
__________________
I am the Quintessential Admiral.
RoJoHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2013, 12:00 AM   #12
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral
 
Nerys Myk's Avatar
 
Location: Spock of Ages
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
ReadyAndWilling wrote: View Post

Well I love it because it gives me a chance of what might be possible some day.
And you need to see this multiple times?
The dude loves robots. He only likes watching things with robots.
Then I recommend:



and

Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2013, 03:09 PM   #13
Robert Maxwell
Knives Out, 24/7/365
 
Robert Maxwell's Avatar
 
Location: NJ Chapter
View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

The Professor got very little use in the cartoon. If you really want to see more of that, you'll have to go to the comics.
__________________
Not affiliated with those other white knights. I'm the good kind.
I has a blag.
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2 2013, 05:08 PM   #14
Mistral
Vice Admiral
 
Mistral's Avatar
 
Location: Between the candle and the flame
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Do you call your XBOX "Graymalkin"? If not, you really should.
No, I actually didn't think of that when I named it. It's "Magneto".
__________________
...sf fandom is only a personality disorder if you do it right.-Klaus
http://www.adastrafanfic.com - archive stories! www.4rumboys.com for honest gaming

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2013, 11:33 PM   #15
ReadyAndWilling
Fleet Captain
 
Re: X-Men Question: Cable's Computer?

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Do you call your XBOX "Graymalkin"? If not, you really should.
This...
ReadyAndWilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.