Trek 3 To Being Shooting Next Year
By: T'Bonz on Sep 19

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old January 12 2014, 07:32 PM   #91
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: Random Thoughts

I do have a ####ed up theory.

They were Changelings.

Why else cast Salome Jens?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2014, 05:26 AM   #92
Anwar
Vice Admiral

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
Thank you for your input and observations, gentlemen. It's worth noting, however, dinosaurs are still with us, as in the birds. And even the Ostriche, which is a decent sized dinosaur, has a brain smaller than its eye. Dinosaurs are just not a good pick for evolving intelligence, I'm sorry.
Would you have been happier if they were some offshoot Ape ancestor of ours and became Space Kromaggs?
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2014, 01:31 PM   #93
2takesfrakes
Commodore

Anwar, I'm not really sure what I would've preferred, to be totally honest with you. But a hadrosaur evolving into a sentient, space-faring race is no more believable than it happening to a hoofed animal, like a bison. It's almost an insult to the audience's intelligence.

Now, I understand - in fact, I share - many people's fascination with dinosauria. I am very interested in finding fossils, as a hobby, it's most satisfying. Although, here in Pennsylvania, we have dinosaur tracks, rather than dinosaurs, because the dirt their fossils could be found in have been pushed up and eroded away by mountains, hills and forests. What we have though, in abundance are dinosaur tracks and the fossils of animals which proceeded them.

In any case, I would've preferred it if they invented some other lifeform, altogether, from the dinosaurian era and used that, instead. After all, the fossil record is incomplete. It always will be incomplete, because many dinosaurs did not spend most of their time in sentiment with a preference towards fossilization. And, at least, making up their own species would involve, you know ... a little more imagination. Come on, let's see what they taught you writers in Screenplays 101!
2takesfrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13 2014, 07:20 PM   #94
Anwar
Vice Admiral

They make up a new alien species, then they lose the "Earth as common origin" plot point which is what the entire plot hinged upon.
Anwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 01:37 AM   #95
2takesfrakes
Commodore

I'm puzzled by something:

Seska told The Emergency Medical Hologram that she'd impregnated herself with Chakotay's DNA. However, The Doctor informed her that this effort was unsuccessful and that her son was half Kazon, instead. Chicks are getting pregnant every day, in all kinds of ways: A bottle of Whisky & a Friday night ... From the toilet seat in a Burger King bathroom ... what-have-you. So, my question is this: how - OK? - how could she have screwed it up? She didn't need to be that brilliant to get herself knocked up ...
Old January 27 2014, 03:53 AM   #96
T'Girl
Vice Admiral

Yes she did the turkey baster thing with Chakotay's man gumbo, but she simply didn't catch. She was also having regular booty calls with bad perm dude as part of her manipulation strategy, he's the one who knocked her up.

She really thought it was Chokotay's, but if you're the pass around sex toy at a fraternity kegger, there no telling.

T'Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 04:02 AM   #97
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I assumed that she was already pregnant by the time she flushed herself with Chuckle's chucklets.

No sluttiness required.

Old January 27 2014, 12:13 PM   #98
2takesfrakes
Commodore

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
I assumed that she was already pregnant by the time she flushed herself with Chuckle's chucklets.

No sluttiness required.
This theory is sound. Now, I know all the girls love the big guy and therefore, his masculinity can never be questioned, but ... it's possible that he could be shooting blanks, also.

T'Girl wrote: View Post
Yes she did the turkey baster thing with Chakotay's man gumbo, but she simply didn't catch. She was also having regular booty calls with bad perm dude as part of her manipulation strategy, he's the one who knocked her up.

She really thought it was Chokotay's, but if you're the pass around sex toy at a fraternity kegger, there no telling.

I would be curious to know how Seska collected and maintained his seed, exactly. Was it a Monica Lewinsky type of thing? Personally, I always suspected that she collected "Chuckles' chucklets" from a spent condom. I can picture the scene:

She spies the spent condom on the floor, slipping out from betwixt the sheets with Chakotay, wearing clothes, surprisingly, despite just having done The Deed. She approaches it and looks down. The camera angles here would be very reminiscent of Fellowship of The Ring, when Gandalf saw the One Ring left on the floor by Bilbo ... trying to pick it up. Seska smirks to herself as she collects her prize, "I've got plans for you." But yeah, sleeping around, otherwise was, indeed, the Wild Card she had not intended.
Old January 27 2014, 01:21 PM   #99
teacake
Admiral

Location: Militant Janeway True Path Devotees Compound. With Sehlats.

2takesfrakes wrote: View Post
I would be curious to know how Seska collected and maintained his seed, exactly.
Oh clever Seska, she knows how to put the coochie in acoochimoya..

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2014, 01:27 PM   #100
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

(This happened on camera. You just forgot that it happened.)

Chakotay was tied to a chair.

She had an old school syringe.

Rammed the pointy end into his sack.

Pulled the plunger back, and drained him.

Then wandered off to find some place private.

Old January 27 2014, 01:36 PM   #101
teacake
Admiral

NO! Bajoran's have secreted away vaginal pouches that store sperm for when there are no Bajoran men attractive enough to mate with which is most of the time so that the race won't die out and since Seska is a perfect Bajoran replica she uses this for her own ends.. but it fails. Because either a. she was already pg with the Kazon child or b. Chak's sperm didn't work. Unfortunately the secreted away vaginal pouch does not contain equipment to measure motility of sperm.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old January 27 2014, 02:00 PM   #102
2takesfrakes
Commodore

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
... Pulled the plunger back, and drained him.
... My BALLS!!!

My NUTS!!!
Old January 27 2014, 02:02 PM   #103
teacake
Admiral

Everything is not about you 2takes.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old January 27 2014, 02:05 PM   #104
2takesfrakes
Commodore

"I'll try to remember that, Captain."
Old January 27 2014, 07:31 PM   #105
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
NO! Bajoran's have secreted away vaginal pouches that store sperm for when there are no Bajoran men attractive enough to mate with which is most of the time so that the race won't die out and since Seska is a perfect Bajoran replica she uses this for her own ends.. but it fails. Because either a. she was already pg with the Kazon child or b. Chak's sperm didn't work. Unfortunately the secreted away vaginal pouch does not contain equipment to measure motility of sperm.
That's Peacekeepers.

Peace keeper girls can hold fertilized eggs in stasis inside themselves without help from technology for up to seven years.