Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 22 2013, 05:43 PM   #91
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Once Upon A Time Season 3

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
Another good episode. Makes sense for Peter to be the Pied Piper, what with them being Pan Pipes. I can't wait until we find out his history and how we came to Neverland.

I'm actually quite surprised at how quickly the story is moving, I thought this would be a season-long affair but already quite a lot has happened.
I don't see the Neverland arc going all season. Maybe half of it. Unless this setting is cheaper than making over Steveston, BC into Storybrooke every season!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2013, 06:05 PM   #92
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

The Neverland arc is
Old October 22 2013, 07:07 PM   #93
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Ohhh yeah I remember reading about them splitting it into two blocks. Makes sense. I like this approach, it's like getting two mini-series.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2013, 07:08 AM   #94
Snick27
Captain

So Rumple was sending all of those first born kids to Pan in Neverland. So all of those deals Rumple made with people in turn for their first born was so he could trade/deal/something with Peter Pan. But why? Why is Peter Pan more powerful than Rumple?
Old October 28 2013, 04:04 AM   #95
Snick27
Captain

Kinda wish they would wrap this story line up, getting kind of boring. Where was Rumple or is he the one in the other crate/box.

To think we got 6 more episodes to go in this story line, how much further can they drag this out. Losing hope.

Nice to see Hooks back story, though im sure he wont tell Emma that Neil is there.
Old October 28 2013, 04:57 AM   #96
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

So was Hook's land of origin part of the magical world, I.e., the Enchanted Forest, or was he from a different realm like ours?
Old October 28 2013, 05:14 AM   #97
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
The Neverland arc is
That's a spoiler? Things like that aren't really a spoiler to me. In other news the next episode will feature magic.

I have only seen the first 3-4 episodes and not the last two, but I'm already growing bored with it. I really love Peter Pan and the boy playing him is doing a great job, it's just like "ehh" to me.
Old October 28 2013, 09:50 AM   #98
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Avada Kedavra wrote: View Post
So was Hook's land of origin part of the magical world, I.e., the Enchanted Forest, or was he from a different realm like ours?
IIRC, Hook is from the same world as Snow White, Regina, etc but from several hundred years in their past since Hook was in Neverland for several hundred years.
Old October 29 2013, 04:41 AM   #99
JD
Admiral

Where does that come from? I had assumed it was a different world. Although I guess it being their home world would explain why they kept coming back.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 02:57 PM   #100
FreezeC77
Commodore

I think considering this is all part of Disney and that Hook's name is Killian Jones it would be cool if we find out there's a relation in their family to Davy Jones and put the world he comes from as the Pirates of the Caribean universe.

The uniforms they wore and ship give off a feel for that universe more than anything we've seen from the enchanted forest IMHO.
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29 2013, 11:37 PM   #101
Deledrius
Cadet

Given their access to a Pegasus pelt, I'm going to assume Hook and the Jolly Roger aren't from our world. It's likely he's from the fictional England of Barrie's novel, similar to what they appear to have done with Alice in Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.

I'm inclined to discount the possibility of it being The Enchanted forest simply on historical/development levels, but they've played that realm so loose that it's impossible to throw it out entirely.
Deledrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 12:16 AM   #102
danellis
Lieutenant Commander

Deledrius wrote: View Post
I'm inclined to discount the possibility of it being The Enchanted forest simply on historical/development levels.

FWIW I agree; the Enchanted Forest is largely medieval while Hook is pretty solidly 18th Century.

I could never quite place it, but I thought there was something slightly odd about the way they referenced The King so I wonder if they're going to do something with that.

What "Kings" are there in the Disney canon? Given that both OUAT and OUATW have concentrated on Robin Hood somewhat I can't help wondering if they're going to make it Richard I somehow, despite the historical anachronism. Somehow tying in the Little Mermaid might work period-wise?

dJE
danellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 03:07 AM   #103
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

danellis wrote: View Post
Deledrius wrote: View Post
I'm inclined to discount the possibility of it being The Enchanted forest simply on historical/development levels.

FWIW I agree; the Enchanted Forest is largely medieval while Hook is pretty solidly 18th Century.

I could never quite place it, but I thought there was something slightly odd about the way they referenced The King so I wonder if they're going to do something with that.

What "Kings" are there in the Disney canon? Given that both OUAT and OUATW have concentrated on Robin Hood somewhat I can't help wondering if they're going to make it Richard I somehow, despite the historical anachronism. Somehow tying in the Little Mermaid might work period-wise?

dJE
I was thinking it was the king who forced David to pretend to be his dead brother James. That guy was a real bastard.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 04:29 AM   #104
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Whatever happened to him anyway? He was all mwa-ha-ha evil and framing Ruby for murder and seemed to be heading towards recurring villain territory and then... poof, vanished.

Anyway, really enjoyed this episode, glad to get Hook's backstory and some focus on him. Agreed on not being sure what world he's from, but I'm curious how he ended up in Pan's "service" for a long time - how did he get back to Neverland and why? His whole "yarr we're pirates now because the King is evil!!!" was... a little thin, but well-done.
"Lie to me."
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30 2013, 04:47 AM   #105
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Didn't King Midas die in Storybrooke?

Good point, though. How did Hook and company get back to Neverland? My guess would be he gained possession of the giant beans that opened portals between worlds. That's how Cora and Hook ended up in Storybrooke last season.